• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Air on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
November 1st will be a sad day, the last episode of Bleach. Or will it be? I still hope the last arc will be adapted aswell when its done.

I hope for that as well but sadly I think it's only bitter hope seeing that Bleach isn't as big of a tycoon in Japan anymore. while it's not completely unpopular now but it does mean that it's only a 50% chance it'll make a comeback, hopfully when the Naruto anime finishes maybe pierrot will think to bring back the other big shonen series that they had to give it a proper ending but I'm not holding my breath.
Bleach right now ends on a very weird way. Ichigo got back his powers but what now? The things I read about the last arc are pretty good, as good as the main story before he lost his powers. I think Bleach deserves a propper ending. Going out with a bang. But its only hope of a fool.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Are people going to care at this point? Most of who's wanted to see this has seen it. It's years too late.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
[quote="penguintruth"]Are people going to care at this point? Most of who's wanted to see this has seen it. It's years too late.[/quote]

You're speaking from an anime fan standpoint. There's anime on the block that has been out for 5 or so years and are raking in views, Demos and House holds.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, it's been almost a decade since Viz's Inuyasha End Party for the staff and voice actors. This time it's the real end. Laughing

Ronin2081 wrote:
FLCLGainax wrote:

TV-MA for Inu-Yasha? Shocked I guess this means they can air Ranma now. Laughing

Lol, they've already said they will never air Ranma on this version of Toonami.

It's not their type of humor for an action block.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, well, well.... It was only a matter of time before Toonami got Final Act. I haven't gotten that far yet, though.....

Time to marathon what I have left of InuYasha.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:
Good to see The Final Act come to Toonami. I haven't seen it yet, though my excitement is tempered by it seemingly cramming 20 volumes of the manga into 26 episodes. Can anyone comment on how successful it is at pulling this breakneck pace off?

Don't worry, the anime actually brings out the main story arcs and leaves out the 'side quests'. That's what I like about InuYasha, now that I think about it, it has this JRPG storytelling style to it. Go on journey, level up, acquire new attacks and weapons, allies join you, and take on requests (side quests).

angelmcazares wrote:

If that is the case, then I agree with the-antihero; Inuyasha is a better anime (in overall quality) than Naruto, Bleach and One Piece.

Yup, that's what I meant. Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. InuYasha wasn't as monotonous with its use of fillers like the Big 3 are. Bleach is the worst of them all. We had to sit through 40+ episodes of the Bount Arc to find out that spoiler[Ichigo's dad is a soul reaper] when it only took one chapter in the manga for that to be revealed after the Rukia arc.

Having said that, the as far as shonen anime of their nature goes, the best adaptation by far is YuYu Hakusho. It didn't have any fillers, it was well-paced for the most part, and it was actually better than the manga which felt rushed at times.

Last edited by the-antihero on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
SpikesGrrl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I saw the ending when Viz had it on their Neon Alley streaming site, so I won't post any spoilers, unless anyone wants to PM me and I will tell you Very Happy

Mary
1thought

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
TV MA? I assume there is a standard for all cable networks.
But TV MA? So this is like them showing Sons of Anarchy?
Even though it's going to edited.

I haven't seen the Final Act yet but I've seen the original InuYasha tv series. And most of the violence was toned down compared to the manga just like pretty much any anime TV series.

I doubt the Final Act is different. Even though it didn't air in primetime like the original series did. Which I found a bit odd since the original series had great TV ratings usually between 12%-17%
xXInfinite026Xx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:
Good to see The Final Act come to Toonami. I haven't seen it yet, though my excitement is tempered by it seemingly cramming 20 volumes of the manga into 26 episodes. Can anyone comment on how successful it is at pulling this breakneck pace off?

I had my qualms about the pacing when I first learned that they planned only 26 episodes to essentially wrap up the last 1/3rd of the series that the manga had to offer, especially since the first series dragged out 167 for on the beginning 2/3rds.

Truth be told when watching the Final Act, the first 5 or so episodes are sooooo fast paced I tend to call them "InuYasha on crack" episodes. They were essentially made to get from plot-point after plot-point to move on with the story to the later portions. And because of that, the beginning episodes suffer from not getting a chance to breathe a whole lot. However I feel like episode 6 was the first pretty good one, and the pacing problems improve slightly after that depending on the episode.

One could say that the episodes that really benefit from the improved pace are many of the battle-centered episodes towards the middle of the show. But it's the final episodes are the hands down the best-paced episodes of the entire series, which includes the original.

Overall the Final Act wraps up many loose ends of the story and has a pretty satisfying ending to it all, but the anime staff really sacrificed much of the beginning of the series in order to get to the final episodes as fast as possible. Whether or not that helps, it's still a must watch for fans of the original series.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY! A lot of us have been waiting for this to happen and I'm excited.

And I have a bittersweet feeling seeing Bleach ending, wow. It had a good run I would say. I, for the most part, watched this show faithfully since it first aired. I took a little break with the Bounts arc (is that what they're called?) though because it was so boring. This season is lack luster for me too, but I'll make it to the end.
FMABleach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought I had posted here but for some reason my post has disappeared! O_O

Anyway, I'm glad to see InuYasha: The Final Act airing on Toonami FINALLY. I already have the DVDs, but I will still try to watch them on Toonami.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Very bittersweet farewell for me as an Inuyasha fan. Would be sad to see it end, but I hope people watch it to see just how a nice gem of 2000s ends.

I wonder if Rumiko Takahashi's new supernatural manga will get an anime someday?
the-antihero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Shippoyasha wrote:
Very bittersweet farewell for me as an Inuyasha fan. Would be sad to see it end, but I hope people watch it to see just how a nice gem of 2000s ends.

I wonder if Rumiko Takahashi's new supernatural manga will get an anime someday?

If it does, I hope it's not anytime soon. Her series tend to never get fully adapted and end abruptly. Luckily InuYasha and Urusei Yatsura were able to make overdue returns but they have material from the manga left out and plenty of them. Ranma 1/2 has yet to get an ending.

Haven't seen Maison Ikkoku yet.

Last edited by the-antihero on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeinenNinja

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Are people going to care at this point? Most of who's wanted to see this has seen it. It's years too late.

I guess it's more of an appropriate one since Inuyasha has been on Adult Swim for the longest time. For some that hasn't seen it yet, and yes there are some who don't know about Final Act, this would be great way for them to see it. And for Adult Swim in general, it would mean that the second longest running anime shows in their history (counting the repeats) will have a proper farewell.

Anyway, still would've liked it when they had the 3 anime premieres time (the year that they debut Durarara! and Kekkaishi), but as a long time Inuyasha fan, I'm glad they finally got it.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Happy to finally see it end on Toonami. Been a long while and don't remember much, but much appreciated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4