• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inuyasha: The Final Act to Air on Toonami

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I didn't enjoy the first series.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Are people going to care at this point? Most of who's wanted to see this has seen it. It's years too late.

Always gonna find something to complain about, aren't you?

I for one am glad that this is airing. I've only recently finally gotten around to buying the InuYasha series on DVD (and am only through season four of watching it as of now), so Final Act airing works for me. It'll allow for me to see the ending of the franchise without having to splurge on those half sets of Final Act just yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have a full series set for it by the time I actually get around to buying it.

...of course that assumes Dish is able to get CN back by the time this airs anyway, gah.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Is the Final Act more violent than the original series? Don't remember it going over TVPG much.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
Even though I bought the DVDs some time ago, it is good that they finally are getting around to finishing this.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
It was only a matter of time. And now I'll finally get to see the end of the show.

unfortunately its too little too late.

this is the flaw with the whole " DVD released first,TV afterwards" plan. for one thing its highly unlikely people will watch the series on TV since they have already seen the series (unless your hardcore fans) whether its legally or illegally which will mean the tv ratings will take a serious hit. that was proven when space dandy had its run and had decent ratings. if that series had done the same thing as this one, the ratings definitely wouldnt have been that high at all.

sorry toonami but that ship to take advantage of this series when you had the original one have already sailed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Barbobot wrote:
It was only a matter of time. And now I'll finally get to see the end of the show.

unfortunately its too little too late.

this is the flaw with the whole " DVD released first,TV afterwards" plan. for one thing its highly unlikely people will watch the series on TV since they have already seen the series (unless your hardcore fans) whether its legally or illegally which will mean the tv ratings will take a serious hit. that was proven when space dandy had its run and had decent ratings. if that series had done the same thing as this one, the ratings definitely wouldnt have been that high at all.

sorry toonami but that ship to take advantage of this series when you had the original one have already sailed.

It's worked out just fine for Samurai 7, Gurren Lagann, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden. (most of) Hellsing Ultimate and Soul Eater. Not sure why this'd be different. If the show's popular, people will (for better or worse) gladly tune into glorified re-runs. Heck even episodes of AoT currently airing are already on disc now technically.

Of course I don't have any serious problems with this if Viz keeping a second slot on the block leads to Tiger & Bunny coming after Final Act.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Much Adult Swim crowd are casual viewers who don't buy sight-unseen but don't go out of their way to keep up with stuff online.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I do think it is worth considering that Toonami has not shown all of Inuyasha and are once again depending on viewers to go out and watch the show elsewhere to know what is going to be going on in the show they're airing. They did it with One Piece, Naruto, and now Inuyasha. So this isn't going to be doing them any favors, since as someone said casual viewers aren't the type to go out and watch this stuff elsewhere.

I think that is why some think it's a little late to capitalize on certain shows like Final Act and even Tiger and Bunny to an extent since a lot of hype for those shows have pretty much died out. I know someone mentioned Samurai 7 but let's be honest, that didn't do all that well compared to some of the more recent shows that have aired that were still somewhat relevant. The same can be said for Soul Eater. They did ok but no where near as well as they could have done if they were picked up and aired when they were "new".
Barbobot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Ronin2081 wrote:
I do think it is worth considering that Toonami has not shown all of Inuyasha and are once again depending on viewers to go out and watch the show elsewhere to know what is going to be going on in the show they're airing. They did it with One Piece, Naruto, and now Inuyasha. So this isn't going to be doing them any favors, since as someone said casual viewers aren't the type to go out and watch this stuff elsewhere.

What are you talking about? They aired all of the original Inuyasha series. It hasn't been on tv in a long time, but they finished the show multiple times when it was on tv. Naruto is a weirder case cause they just don't have the rights past a certain point. Most likely it's just too expensive. And for One Piece it would have taken 4 years airing 1 episode a week to catch up to there they are now.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Ronin2081 wrote:

What are you talking about? They aired all of the original Inuyasha series. It hasn't been on tv in a long time, but they finished the show multiple times when it was on tv. Naruto is a weirder case cause they just don't have the rights past a certain point. Most likely it's just too expensive. And for One Piece it would have taken 4 years airing 1 episode a week to catch up to there they are now.

Adult Swim did, not Toonami. I know some view them as one and the same but if they were then Toonami wouldn't have such a thin budget. So no, Toonami never aired all of Inuyasha.

I'm well aware of how long it would take them to air all of Naruto and One Piece but that doesn't change a thing I said about them depending on the viewers to go out to other venues to "catchup" and find out what is going on. And as Enurtsol said the casual viewers really aren't going to go out and do that as often as your more hardcore anime fans would do.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm so jelly, I wish YTV got The Final Act too considering InuYasha was the most popular anime for years on the channel
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Don't exactly know why it needs a TV-MA rating. Let alone why it needs to be edited down to BE a TV-MA rating.

But w/e. At least it's finally airing. I already own it so I can watch it unedited whenever I want.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
Oh my gosh FINALLY! I've only been waiting for this for the past years! This is officially the happiest day of my life, Inuyasha fans rejoice I'm so excited!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4