• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How to get at anime studio?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikmir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Hi, everyone!

I got a bit weird question, but it's still devoted to anime Smile I'm actually a Russian journalist, planning to work on "how it's made" article, about the development of anime in Japan.

How do you think, is it possible to get at Japan anime studio for a journalist? And what studios are the most "open-minded" for such kind of activities, to your mind?

BTW, if anyone has personal contacts at some studios, they would help me very-very-very much.

Thanks!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Chances are you'll probably have to speak some Japanese to contact the production studios based in Japan. Otherwise, you might be better off tracking down an English-speaking licensor. It's not the same thing, of course, but it's still a part of the overall process of distribution and might lead to some kind of insight, which is better than nothing.

FUNimation seems to be the most openly talkative company here in the U.S., so maybe try e-mailing someone in their Public Relations department and see if you can get some bits and pieces of information to start with?

EDIT: Fixed a grammar goof.

Last edited by Tony K. on Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vikmir

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply and advice!

Do you think there's any chance to find a Japanese contact here, actually? Smile

I thought the people connected with the industry should read forums about anime, aren't they? Or Japan anime scene is rather a closed community?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
The editors and some of the staff, here, occasionally conduct interviews with people in the industry. And there used to be a few PR people from various licensors that would post/reply in the forums from time to time, but I don't think I've seen any in a while.

These forums are more about providing a place for discussion, notifications, and general information about all the mediums and are not really "browsed" by industry reps at all, unless it's for a quick and easy opinion poll or something.

If you want more detailed info, you can try contacting somebody to see if you they can't help you out a little better, or at least point you in the right direction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1