• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Iron Man Anime's English-Dubbed Clip Posted by Marvel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Running Wild

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
How to dub anime 101 -

On all reaction shots have a character yell

NO WAY!
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
Ah... no, you forgot about all the old school of reactions in dubbing with "What the...?" Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
Ah... no, you forgot about all the old school of reactions in dubbing with "What the...?" Very Happy

No, no, no, I thought the anime character always mouths the other character's name. Laughing

(I mean, who does that? Who always says somebody else's name whenever something dramatic comes up?)
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:23 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Japanese prefer their men metrosexual-looking. Laughing

A guy calling himself Wolverine should never be portrayed as a grass-eater. That's just so wrong.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The series will have its television debut in the United States alongside MADHOUSE's Wolverine series on July 29, on the G4 channel.

Well, guess i'll be watching something else. Or just y'know, waiting until someone dumps it onto Youtube.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Just FYI, July 29th is a Friday night, which makes sense cause not even G4 would be crazy enough to go up against the juggernaught that is Adult Swim's Saturday night lineup.

11 p.m./10 Central on Friday nights, huh? Well I guess I'll most likely be watching, although there are some weeks I'm just gonna have to throw this to my DVR.

Avengers on Disney X.D. is pretty good and hopefully this anime will be even better!

Last edited by LagannImpact on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:31 pm Reply with quote
That waas....interesting, but for some reason it reminded me of Blue Sonnet. Wink
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:57 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
Just FYI, June 29th is a Friday night, which makes sense cause not even G4 would be crazy enough to go up against the juggernaught that is Adult Swim's Saturday night lineup.

July.

And it's not so much as a juggernaut as more like further divvying up an already meager pie, so it would be an exercise of futility. Laughing

Mohawk52 wrote:
That waas....interesting, but for some reason it reminded me of Blue Sonnet. Wink

Wow, I haven't seen that one in a long, long time. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:44 am Reply with quote
They put Wolverine in the show, I wonder if that's a plug. Looks interesting. Not bad. One question though and it's kind of related, has there been any news to release the X-men (anime) over here. I had been wondering about that series and it totally slipped my mind until I saw the news here about the Iron-Man airing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2