• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Won't You Give A Care?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaMangaLibrary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Lots of people read the articles about the Carolina Manga Library here at ANN, but we REALLY need the help with our Indiegogo. Our graphic novel library travels around the US and sets up for free at cons and events. We have about 3000 books on our shelves currently. We've got manga, comics, graphic novels, art books, video game strategy guides, and even a huge anime library with personal portable DVD players for people to check out.

We've got about ten shows lined up already for next year, and we've got over 500 books sitting on the floor of our office that we can't shelve because our shelves are falling apart. SO many people have sent us their unwanted manga, and we really want to show them off at our events but we simply don't have the space.

That's where you guys come in. Our organization is hosting an Indiegogo to raise money to purchase new shelves and our own trailer.

There are only 19 days left, and we are still not funded! Please, we need EVERY manga or comics fan on ANN to donate and share this campaign. EVEN A DOLLAR HELPS!!!! There's a ton of great perks, including badges to big cons like Momocon.

The campaign is here: http://igg.me/at/carolinamangalibrary.com

For the most up-to-date information, check out our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/carolinamangalibrary or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CAMangaLibrary

All donations are tax-deductible, but more than that you will be helping thousands of people get access to manga and comics that they may not have access to in their own towns. Also, providing a safe, quiet place for people to chill at cons is a vital thing that MANY cons are lacking.

Please, help us spread the love of reading and literacy using the medium we ALL love.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Can I suggest you also contact the ANN staff directly and they might write an article?

animenewsnetwork.com/contact
CarolinaMangaLibrary

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
They were kind enough to do that already back in October at the start of our campaign. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1