• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RightStuf.com 2014 Holiday Sales Thread

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Well I posted this in the other retail thread, but I figured I'd copy it here as well since everything was purchases during this year's mega holiday sales at RS.

So the last of the holiday haul arrived today. It was a good holiday for anime in this house let me tell you. So first up are the anime I bought myself. I got them for me and me&my gf to watch. I was a bit unhappy because at the time Patlabor tv vol 2 and Infinite Stratos 2 were sold out on BluRay for the mega sales. So I had to get the dvd copy. Not that big of a deal but I like to keep series in the same format. I have tv series and the OVA series for Patlabor on BluRay and season one of IS on BluRay also. Again, not that big of a deal with the money I saved.

The second photo is what my gf got for me. Yeaaaaaaaa!
Upgrded Ninja Scroll and Elfen Lied to BluRay for super cheap woohoo!!!! Plus the Elfen Lied set has the OVA which I don't have. And my old copy of Ninja Scroll is vhs (gave the dvd to a friend)....so yea Big upgrade lol. Plus now I can clear all the Kohime Muso series off my computer and save a crap ton of space. All 5 broken down are taking up 22gig of space. Not anymore heh.

The third photo is what I got my gf. I was going to get Restaurant Paradiso as well but I thought she might buy it for herself so I held back. I'll just get it later. The only thing not shown in all 3 photos is the Wolf Children Blu Ray she bought for herself/us. Backorder cause everyone and their mom bought a copy. When it's in we still get it for the mega sale price though so it's worth the wait to save 65%.

Wouldn't normally buy this much at once but given the mega deals during Right Stuf's holiday sale I couldn't pass these up. I wanted a good 4-6 more series but I had to limit myself. Well.....provided I wanted to buy gifts for other people which I decided to do instead of just for myself lol.

Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Since it was mostly an insurance claim fueled recouping of lost items, I've never spent so much on anime at one time, have never had such a large shipment of anime before and won't again until I win the lottery.

and only one double from Psycho.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11