• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RightStuf.com 2014 Holiday Sales Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
- Utena, Revolutionary Girl DVD Limited Edition Holiday Bundle (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $179.97 $86.39*(52% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 27th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.

---EDIT---

Wave 3
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
Bodacious space pirates bluray @ 13$ is amazing!

it is interlaced though and a complete collection is coming out that might not be interlaced

love lab
jinrui
listen to me girls

are also excellent buys
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Where in the world did you dig up the dubbed Dokuro chan? I've been looking for that one for years.

Well done, guys.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Really happy to see Humanity has Declined in Wave 3!
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Is there a complete collection of Penguindrum coming? Or should I pull the trigger on these sets?
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
peguindrum bluray is interlaced
I cannot remember if they announced a complete pack like bodacious pirates, but I wouldn't doubt it in the future
but not anytime in the next 2 months, so if you like the series you should consider buying it now.
it is also on sale at FRYs if there is one near you.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:50 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
- Utena, Revolutionary Girl DVD Limited Edition Holiday Bundle (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $179.97 $86.39*(52% Off)

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 27th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
Curses, the Dark Lord Kleckner has tempted me once again with an amazing Christmas deal. Not only that, this is the third time I'm buying the series, though only the second time that "counts"; first was a bootleg back in 2004, second was the CPM sets sometime in 2006-07 when they were still available. But all those booklets, them extras, the packaging, and slightly revised subtitle scripts were enough to tip the scales. If only there were a better English dub available, but that's pink unicorn territory...

potatochobit wrote:
peguindrum bluray is interlaced
I cannot remember if they announced a complete pack like bodacious pirates, but I wouldn't doubt it in the future
Don't forget the other flaws like inconsistent translation choices, random mid-show dub cast changes, pointless non-optional "translation" notes (e.g. "this will be important later in the show"), and probably other flaws like a mix of Fosterization (I got enough lolarious troll rewrites from gg, thanks) and standard Sentai rushed subtitle script reading in the dub to go along with that interlacing.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:32 am Reply with quote
Hoping Silver Spoon is one of the mega deals
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
- Highschool of the Dead TV + OVA DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) Collector MEGADEAL! $149.98 $74.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 30th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
- Queen's Blade OVA: Beautiful Warriors DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $29.98 $14.99*(50% Off)
- Queen's Blade OVA: Beautiful Warriors Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $39.98 $19.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends December 1st at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/holiday/
Quote:
Right Stuf is ready to make your holidays even merrier with 12+ days of savings on selected DVDs, Blu-rays, manga and more from today through 11:59 p.m. CST on December 28, 2014!

How? Just add the item to your shopping cart and check out to save!

(No coupon codes and the sale prices are in red!)

Order early and often! Keep an eye out for counters quantities on some items are limited! Remember the sale ends on December 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. CT!

Day 1
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
That Utena bundle is amazingly priced get that whilst you can.

I second potatochobit on checking Frys for Sentai Filmworks titles. Huge deals there I found the AKB BDs there for about half off.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote
And just like that, Dokuro chan is gone- WTK didn't even have a chance to put a counter on it.

The Utena bundle was just a daily mega deal so it's already gone {and you'll never see it again, wink}. The show's been in my streaming queue for some time now and I still haven't watched it. The price is too steep for me as a blind buy and I still haven't mustered enough interest to watch the show {why? Because I know either a bit or a lot about its ending}.

And I say this even as a fan and owner of penguindrum as well as a fan of Tomoko Kawakami.

Yeah, I probably should have just bought the set. Next year then, some time maybe...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
At this point, by the end of the sale it'll just be easier to say "everything in Sentai's catalogue 60%+ off." I should've known the Wave stuff would be extended, but I'll keep an eye for counters on some of the ultra-cheap stuff like those half-series Needless sets.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
- Aquarion Evol DVD/Blu-ray Part 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition MEGADEAL! $69.98 $34.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends December 2nd at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.

Day 2
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:34 am Reply with quote
- Aria The Origination (Season 3) + Arietta OVA DVD Collection (S) MEGADEAL! $49.99 $9.99*(80% Off)
Quote:
This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends December 3rd at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.

[EDIT: Fixed links; they had extra " in the URL that caused them to be broken. ~Zalis]

Day 3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11