• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai Filmworks March 2015 Solicitations

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Clipped from PR...
Quote:
Title: OUTBREAK COMPANY COMPLETE COLLECTION
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 3/3/2015
Format: DVD, BD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98, $69.98

Title: FAMILIAR OF ZERO: KNIGHT OF THE TWIN MOONS
Street Date: 3/10/2015
Language: Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $49.98, $59.98

Title: THE WORLD GOD ONLY KNOWS ~ GODDESSES
Street Date: 3/10/2015
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
SRP: $59.98, $69.98

Title: DEVILS AND REALIST COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 3/17/2015

Title: PLACE TO PLACE BLU-RAY
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 3/24/2015
Format: BD
SRP: $59.98

Title: STUDENT COUNCIL'S DISCRETION
Street Date: 3/24/2015

Title: GINGITSUNE COMPLETE COLLECTION
Street Date: 3/31/2015

Last edited by WTK on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
A strong slate; only Gingitsune BD for me right now. I might get Outbreak Company BD down the line.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Definitely picking up Outbreak Company and ZnT S2.

When did Tari Tari become renamed as Place to Place? I'm looking at my DVD right now and it just says Tari Tari.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Outbreak and World Goddesses dubbed but Zero 2 wasn't...

Thanks for making me feel stupid for buying Zero 1, Sentai. Anyone who's seen the show here has seen the fansub version and... we all can work out the rest from there.

Anyways, nothing much here.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

When did Tari Tari become renamed as Place to Place? I'm looking at my DVD right now and it just says Tari Tari.

that would be Acchi Kocchi. WTK's link is incorect
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
^ Which URL are you referring to? The Place to Place BD URL for TRSI leads to that specific listing. It's showing as Tari Tari BD for both of you?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen Acchi Kocchi, but this is the description on the linked page (no cover art yet).

Quote:
The last year of high school is always a time of both looking forward and looking back. Ahead of you lives the future, alternately bright and scary. Behind you lie memories, both happy and sad. And somehow, in the course of one year, you have to reconcile those two and decide where your life is going to go.

For Wakana Sakai, who had started studying music, it's time to face the tragedy that made her abandon that path. For Sawa Okita, it's about her dreams of riding professionally. And for Konatsu Miyamoto, it's about bringing her friends together through the magic of song. Can something as simple as the formation of a chorus club really help solve the hurts and pangs that come with growing up? Can music bring people together despite their differences?

That sounds exactly like Tari Tari
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 pm Reply with quote
oh then rightstuf is to blame them. I'm seeing the title Place to Place but the show description is for Tari Tari
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:41 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Outbreak and World Goddesses dubbed but Zero 2 wasn't...

Thanks for making me feel stupid for buying Zero 1, Sentai. Anyone who's seen the show here has seen the fansub version and... we all can work out the rest from there.

Anyways, nothing much here.
I'm not surprised, considering that Season 4 was already announced sub-only. Of course, it was also promised a release "later this year" (this year being 2012 at the time), and now 2014 is almost over and still no news. As for dubbing... even if the potential sales numbers were good enough to justify dubbing, it doesn't help that S1 was dubbed under Geneon's uncredited fly-by-nite last-minute operation, and Sentai likely wouldn't be able to maintain any kind of continuity. Since dub fans would've been dissatisfied either way, Sentai went the money-saving route.

I would've liked to hear the later seasons dubbed too, but I liked the franchise well enough to continue buying it. Besides, FoZ S1 was out of print for a couple of years between the Funimation and Sentai releases. The argument could be made that anyone who wanted to see the dub could've done so via dual-audio rips during that time, yet Sentai still went ahead and released the show anyway.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I'm not surprised, considering that Season 4 was already announced sub-only. Of course, it was also promised a release "later this year" (this year being 2012 at the time), and now 2014 is almost over and still no news. As for dubbing... even if the potential sales numbers were good enough to justify dubbing, it doesn't help that S1 was dubbed under Geneon's uncredited fly-by-nite last-minute operation, and Sentai likely wouldn't be able to maintain any kind of continuity. Since dub fans would've been dissatisfied either way, Sentai went the money-saving route.

I would've liked to hear the later seasons dubbed too, but I liked the franchise well enough to continue buying it. Besides, FoZ S1 was out of print for a couple of years between the Funimation and Sentai releases. The argument could be made that anyone who wanted to see the dub could've done so via dual-audio rips during that time, yet Sentai still went ahead and released the show anyway.

The problem with that article is it even predates Sentai licensing the first season so conjecture about the season 4 release would be a bit more than premature. Here's my problem:

I think, with the way Sentai licensing 4 when it was new and then a year later, season 1 by itself with an actual physical release, they wanted to see what sort of reaction they'd get for DVD/BD of season one. But even if they're continuing the same double format options for season 2, it's doesn't make the season one reissue a fair sales comparison for further sub only editions.

If it didn't have the dub, I wouldn't have bought the first season. Another disappointment from Sentai; Just as bad for me as when Chunnbiyo was released sub only and almost as bad when Chuunbiyo was released out of my price range {waiting...}.
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
oh then rightstuf is to blame them. I'm seeing the title Place to Place but the show description is for Tari Tari

Indeed. Embarassed Sorry about that. It's been fixed now. Of note, the episode 13 OVA is being included on the Blu-ray, which wasn't on the DVD.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Defintely picking up The World God Only Knows: Godesses and Familiar of Zero Season 2.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:
getchman wrote:

Indeed. Embarassed Sorry about that. It's been fixed now. Of note, the episode 13 OVA is being included on the Blu-ray, which wasn't on the DVD.

Are you sure? I thought the previously released DVD set has 13 episodes. There shouldn't be any differences between the two formats.

- http://www.rightstuf.com/rsimages/primary/sfptp100.jpg
- http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/818Wt02kiIL._SL_.jpg
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
RightStufSpecialsMinion wrote:
getchman wrote:

Are you sure? I thought the previously released DVD set has 13 episodes. There shouldn't be any differences between the two formats.

- http://www.rightstuf.com/rsimages/primary/sfptp100.jpg
- http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/818Wt02kiIL._SL_.jpg

Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop Just looked into it, and you're right about this too. The story, if you'd like to know how these things work: the DVD set was originally solicited with eps 1-12, but unbeknownst to us Sentai did include the OVA episode 13. When the blu-ray was solicited, it was solicited with episodes 1-13. When there's a discrepancy like that between our info for a previous set and a new release, we usually check with the publisher. Sentai told us they'd managed to get it for the blu-ray, so I highlighted the "new" addition, at which point you caught it and that's how we got here.

tl;dr: Thanks for the check, we'll have everything updated shortly, and I hope this is the last time we have to fix Place to Place. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1