• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New The Last -Naruto the Movie- Image Features Naruto x Hinata

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
RyougaZell wrote:
KidOblivion wrote:

We should be encouraging people to finish their stories, not some lazy ass opening ending BS. Kishimoto ended the story how he wanted to end it. It's sad to say this, but that takes guts now a days.

Ok. I can accept encouraging not open ends. I usually agree with this. Its just this end... wasn't really satisfying.

What I'll argue is that Kishimoto ended the story how 'he wanted'. Like I said before... I don't care about either Sakura or Hinata. But if he wanted to finish with Hinata, he could have more interaction after Pain's battle. We only really saw one, and that was when Naruto shared the Kyuubi's power to her. I can agree that Hinata's actions against Pain made him aware and could have entered the seed of doubt in him. Its just that he neved did stop pinning for Sakura either, as shown in the conversation with Minato.

Nevertheless... it ended. Its canon now. Some may agree, some may not, but its canon. Canon like the final pairing of The World God Only Knows or the final pairing of Harry Potter or whatever media. Time to move on. What I really dislike is that when someone doesn't like how things ended, some of those that do like it come and prance around with their 'deal with it' attitude.

Cheers

So you dont think is was powerful development how Hinata risked her life, the only one to boot, to help and save Narto from Pain, you think her actions did not speak of her powerful feelings for him and that it was not a power development...?, by Naruto´s reaction her feelings did reach him very clear by this point.

Secondly in the war when naruto was gonna be stabbed by the ten tails and Hinata once more risked her life, neji´s las words setting up the mood and Naruto holding her hand accepting her feelings.

Those two are infinitely more powerful moments than the ones Sakura and Naruto spent together merely because they were part of the same team, she cared for him but as a comrade and good friend, nothing more.

After the time skip it was evident he was not infatuated with Sakura as he was as a kid, probably he woke up once Sakura in tears asked him to bring back gaysuke for her.

Crushes are exactly like that, mere infatuations, as you grow you will see that was no real love. Probably the same happened to Naruto, of course that does not mean you cannot love someone sincerely at that age but it would require more than infatuation, in case of Hinata it was genuine love derived form a very powerful experience she had with Naruto as a kid, and she made her actions speak for her feelings in two very powerful moments, and both times they reached Naruto, those two alone were more powerful than any blinded love development you perceived from Sakura and Naruto, in reality not even one happened in all the series, it was always Sakura wanting Gaysuke back, nothing else matter to her and she was very clear about it, probably since Pain, Naruto started to take notice of Hinata and eventually he found real love with her.
Ronin2081

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
What killed any chance of Naruto ending up with Sakura is when she tried using his feelings and manipulate him the way she did before she ran off in a lame attempt to kill Sasuke back when the Kage Summit was going on. Had she not done that there might have been a chance; but since she did the odds of them ending up together dropped significantly and never stopped.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:14 pm Reply with quote
RyougaZell wrote:

'Clear years ago'... in the real world you mean. Cause in the war only a few days passed. And when meeting 'zombie' Minato, Naruto still seemed to want Sakura. So... yeah. Needs more transission that the movie will probably show. Not that many of us will see it anyway.

its not like Hinata and naruto hooked uo the next day right, even if you wanna perceive that moment where Minato ask Naruto if Sakura is his girlfriend, does not invalidate naruto not ending up with Sakura.

Wonder if there was this much amount of drama when Kevin Arnold did not end up with Winnie Copper after some heavy real romance development in the wonder years and for Kevin to end up with some girl we did not even see and kids we dont see either. (probably today's teens and kids dont know what I am talking about thou)

That is how life is, your childhood crush or your childhood girlfriend does not guarantee you will end up with her/him. Naruto had a crush in Sakura, but this does not necessarily mean that in the future they need to end up together, what happened here is that Kishimoto had the balls to show us that future and some people gut butt hurt BADLY.

Ronin2081 wrote:
What killed any chance of Naruto ending up with Sakura is when she tried using his feelings and manipulate him the way she did before she ran off in a lame attempt to kill Sasuke back when the Kage Summit was going on. Had she not done that there might have been a chance; but since she did the odds of them ending up together dropped significantly and never stopped.

No, the moment of truth for Naruto was when Sakura in tears begged Naruto to bring back Gaysuke for her, she asked him as a personal favor, its safe to assume Naruto snapped at this point and realized Sakura was never gonna be for him.

The moment you speak of was merely the confirmation Naruto had long accepted Sakura "loved" Gaysuke, by Naruto´s reaction you know he clearly knew who Sakura loved and what she was saying was a total lie, he did not hesitate t tell Sakura to stop jiking around telling him she loved him, he had long accepted Sakuras real feelings and reality towards him, and this was when Naruto agreed to bring back Gaysuke for her.

Anyone conveniently forgetting the above facts its merely blind to the obvious.

While Naruto and Sakura ending up together was a real possibility, if only because of hooking up the main characters is standard, those who shipped them would now be the ones in bliss but it would have been as super forced as how Gaysuke and Sakura ended together, this pair is just too bizarre and Naruto x Sakura would be just as bizarre and unbelievable.

Last edited by Minami-Asakura on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I also saw the Wonder Years finale over 20 years ago.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Don't see how anyone could say Naruto x Hinata is a well done romance. There was barely any romance to be heard. While Hinata did get big moments showing her love for Naruto, most of the Naruto barely acknowledged her. I don't even remember if Naurto mentioned Hinata after the thing with Pain until that point in the war where she snaps him out of that funk. Even in the chapter that reveals they get together, they're not even shown together in the whole chapter.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm just so godforsakenly happy that NaruHina is finally canon.

Sakura didn't deserve Naruto.

(Flame war goggles engaged)
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

What I'll argue is that Kishimoto ended the story how 'he wanted'. Like I said before... I don't care about either Sakura or Hinata. But if he wanted to finish with Hinata, he could have more interaction after Pain's battle. We only really saw one, and that was when Naruto shared the Kyuubi's power to her. I can agree that Hinata's actions against Pain made him aware and could have entered the seed of doubt in him. Its just that he neved did stop pinning for Sakura either, as shown in the conversation with Minato.

Here's the thing though, he didn't have to fully justify that relationship, because there was still plenty of "cushion" left for that. The movie apparently takes place two years after the manga and he and Hinata still are not fully hooked up yet. Kishimoto did not movie Naruto and Hinata fully together by 699 and the thing some of you refuse to accept is that he did not have to because they weren't fully hooked up by then.

If Naruto had ended 699 by passionately kissing Hinata, that might have been a bit unearned. If it had immediately jump cut to them getting married within days or weeks of the battle, or of her visibly pregnant months later, that would have been very unearned. But to establish that eventually, several years after 699 they fall in love and have some children, is not unearned, it is just a story they didn't tell.

Quote:

'Clear years ago'... in the real world you mean. Cause in the war only a few days passed. And when meeting 'zombie' Minato, Naruto still seemed to want Sakura. So... yeah. Needs more transission that the movie will probably show. Not that many of us will see it anyway.

Naruto's feelings did not change. By the end of 699 he still probably wanted Sakura to some degree. But the more important thing is that Sakura never wanted Naruto, not like that. He was friend-zoned from day one. And Naruto also accepted that. He fully accepted that she loved Sasuke, and as someone that cared about her, he wanted what she wanted, for her and Sasuke to end up together. In 17-year-old Naruto's perfect world, he might have ended up with Sakura, but he was mature enough to accept that this was not Sakura's perfect world, and that he had no right to impose his perfect world onto her.

Now what about Hinata? By 699 he had realized she cared about him, he'd acknowledged her feelings for him, and he admires various qualities about her, but I doubt he was really in love with her by that point. They had barely talked on a personal level, and he still had no idea what she'd been through. That stuff comes later, and I have no difficulty believing that it could.

Quote:
Don't see how anyone could say Naruto x Hinata is a well done romance.

It wasn't well done as a romance, because this was not a romance manga and that was not the story they were telling. It would be like saying that The Notebook didn't have enough action scenes. But it was a solid basis for a romance, we didn't see most of the romance story, but that doesn't mean that it did not happen.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Here's the thing though, he didn't have to fully justify that relationship, because there was still plenty of "cushion" left for that. The movie apparently takes place two years after the manga and he and Hinata still are not fully hooked up yet. Kishimoto did not movie Naruto and Hinata fully together by 699 and the thing some of you refuse to accept is that he did not have to because they weren't fully hooked up by then.

If Naruto had ended 699 by passionately kissing Hinata, that might have been a bit unearned. If it had immediately jump cut to them getting married within days or weeks of the battle, or of her visibly pregnant months later, that would have been very unearned. But to establish that eventually, several years after 699 they fall in love and have some children, is not unearned, it is just a story they didn't tell.

Quote:

Naruto's feelings did not change. By the end of 699 he still probably wanted Sakura to some degree. But the more important thing is that Sakura never wanted Naruto, not like that. He was friend-zoned from day one. And Naruto also accepted that. He fully accepted that she loved Sasuke, and as someone that cared about her, he wanted what she wanted, for her and Sasuke to end up together. In 17-year-old Naruto's perfect world, he might have ended up with Sakura, but he was mature enough to accept that this was not Sakura's perfect world, and that he had no right to impose his perfect world onto her.

Now what about Hinata? By 699 he had realized she cared about him, he'd acknowledged her feelings for him, and he admires various qualities about her, but I doubt he was really in love with her by that point. They had barely talked on a personal level, and he still had no idea what she'd been through. That stuff comes later, and I have no difficulty believing that it could.

Quote:
Don't see how anyone could say Naruto x Hinata is a well done romance.

It wasn't well done as a romance, because this was not a romance manga and that was not the story they were telling. It would be like saying that The Notebook didn't have enough action scenes. But it was a solid basis for a romance, we didn't see most of the romance story, but that doesn't mean that it did not happen.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
@Ohoni

No matter how you explain it, the Naruto x Sakura factions are in full denial mode. They beloved they are under some genjutsu Laughing

Some people believe they were reading or watching some shoujo it seems with this "bad romance" bitching.

You have your wish granted, you have the upcoming movie giving you the Naruto x Hinata romance development you are screaming for! Wish granted!:

Will that stop your tears? I doubt it.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
@Ohoni

No matter how you explain it, the Naruto x Sakura factions are in full denial mode. They beloved they are under some genjutsu Laughing

Some people believe they were reading or watching some shoujo it seems with this "bad romance" bitching.

You have your wish granted, you have the upcoming movie giving you the Naruto x Hinata romance development you are screaming for! Wish granted!:

Will that stop your tears? I doubt it.

I'm pretty surprised people were mad about that anyway, I thought Sakura was one of the most hated characters in this series (and for good reason)
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
I love how these NaruHina's are still bragging about NaruSaku never was intentioned when the latested interview by Kishimoto in Shonen Jump Magazine (which is talked about in every fan site), just had Kishimoto reveal that NaruSaku was actually considered for a long time along with NaruHina.

So NaruHina never was conceived from the very beginning, but NAruSaku was when it he revealed that there was indeed a love triangle with Team 7.

Kishimoto dropped the idea of NaruSaku because he said, and I quote "that he believed Sakura would be regarded as a terrible person if he ended up with Sakura". Which is now a most hilarious comment given Sakura ended up with the guy who did nothing but insult her and wanted her dead throughout most of the story.

So please NaruHina's claim victory when you're pairing's real development happens in this movie and not in the manga itself.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
So please NaruHina's claim victory when you're pairing's real development happens in this movie and not in the manga itself.

Will do, although we've claimed victory already, the movie is just the after party.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Don't see how anyone could say Naruto x Hinata is a well done romance. There was barely any romance to be heard. While Hinata did get big moments showing her love for Naruto, most of the Naruto barely acknowledged her. I don't even remember if Naurto mentioned Hinata after the thing with Pain until that point in the war where she snaps him out of that funk. Even in the chapter that reveals they get together, they're not even shown together in the whole chapter.

Irrelevant. You dont need any romance developments, let alone "well done romance" you find valid to have characters end up together as this is a DAMN BATLLE SHOUNEN MANGA. What of this you do not understand?

The comparison with dragon ball is very fitting, no one bitched about seeing almost BIG FAT 0 romance development when we see Bulma pregnant by Vegeta and claming Akira Toriyama trolled us because Yamcha should have ended up with her or why No. 18 ended up wth Krilin as there was 0 romance development leading to it, almost the same for Chichi, Goku not even liking her at all at first and chichi not being one of the central characters, who knows, as Kishimoto has said he has taken inspiration in Dragon Ball, its fitting that the main characters in both do not end up with the main female lead Bulma-Sakura, instead with a secondary supporting character, and the main female leads endup with the bad guy that wanted to kill them at some point.

Yes, this ridiculous are you, naruto shipper factions, with your own little war that its now over.

For the xxth time, you read the wrong genre, find yourselves some good shoujo for your well done romance.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Naruto and Sasuke didn't really want what they ended up with.

I don't think that's true. I have no doubt that Hinata became his "first choice" by the time they eventually hooked up, he wasn't just "settling." The movie will hopefully make that progression clear.

He settled the same way Hinata would have had too if her crush had his way. Hinata is to her crush what he is to Sakura. Very Happy

But y'know what would be funny? If Sakura's daughter marries Naruto's son. Then at the wedding, Naruto would go and ask his son, "How the heck were ya able to do what I wasn't able to do?!" Laughing

Minami-Asakura wrote:

Wonder if there was this much amount of drama when Kevin Arnold did not end up with Winnie Copper after some heavy real romance development in the wonder years and for Kevin to end up with some girl we did not even see and kids we don't see either. (probably today's teens and kids don't know what I am talking about thou)

Winnie is a mathematician now and has a theorem co-named after her! Cool

Minami-Asakura wrote:

That is how life is, your childhood crush or your childhood girlfriend does not guarantee you will end up with her/him. Naruto had a crush in Sakura, but this does not necessarily mean that in the future they need to end up together,

Hinata's crush worked out for her! Razz

Ronin2081 wrote:

When that happened, we wondered what would have happened if Naruto had accepted her offer and asked her to marry him right then and there! Shocked

FireballDragon wrote:

Sakura didn't deserve Naruto.

(Flame war goggles engaged)

The girls were out of their league! Very Happy

theNightster wrote:

I'm pretty surprised people were mad about that anyway, I thought Sakura was one of the most hated characters in this series (and for good reason)

We noticed that, with those on the fence, her confession was the final straw. Laughing
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:03 am Reply with quote
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that "Naruto" would become this generation's "Kimagure Orange Road" Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7