• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chinese Girl Wins Award For Essay Comparing Gundam SEED to Sino-Japanese Relations

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MeisterYM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:21 pm Reply with quote
" '...the eternal peace at the end of Gundam SEED...' "

And then came SEED Destiny...
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
That Gundam Seed won the Anime Grand Prix THREE made me loose faith in the industry.
Now Fukuda is unleashing Cross Ange all over the world. What sort of essay will that one inspire or Valvrape? Sunrise shure knows how to these train wrecks that EVERYONE is watching 'Rolling Eyes'. What sort of doom awaits in the future and will Jesus Yamato now grow his beard out too ? His mullet is coming along nicely from what my 4chan reading of his latest rise from the gave shows. All hail sunrise and the "meanwhile at sunrise" meme has now been updated to 2014. Can you find it ? Tomino why have you and Zeta been forgotten ?
MeisterYM has a point too. "Eternal peace at the end of Gundam Seed"'Laughing'. Thank god i stopped watching trash tv. Gundam Reconguista in G is good-ish by the way. 7/10?
Long live the CULT:
https://www.google.de/search?q=jesus+yamato+cult&biw=1920&bih=926&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sr5vVP6qOIL1ao-TgugB&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=jesus+yamato

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I will hate Mitsuo Fukuda proudly as long as i live'Evil or Very Mad' ! He was inside my brain for a hundred episodes after all and Destiny had no peace either. Sieg Zeon !
Seed is a 5/10 objectively but i don´t care. Flay and the shipping with Incest-neesan were to much. DESTINY is eather a 3/10 or a 11/10 if you like watching the world burn.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I will hate the writer of Destiny forever. He ruined Athrun. Made him into a complete pussy for half the show. He ruined Shinn, who started off as a decent character, but got turned into a moron because apparently, the writer got into an argument with the voice actor. The final battle in Destiny was pathetic, Freedom and Justice were in God mode, didn't even get a scratch. In contrast, the battle between Freedom and Providence was fantastic.
ChexGuy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
the "eternal peace" from the end of SEED will only be achieved once you genetically engineer a massive crybaby that is the only person capable of doing anything in a galaxy-wide radius because the rest of the human race is apparently too stupid to do anything

then you have to make everyone want his dick
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I love this topic ! I Can Haz Jesus´s dick too ? Too bad i am not a 14 year old girl'Crying or Very sad'.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-npSJbcEoAMY/VE2SZBlguQI/AAAAAAAAA4U/Hn9TV5ki3h4/s1600/2014-10-27_072722.jpg
How do you like his new mullet ?

I just saw that both series are tagged with tragedy. How fitting. I wonder what sort of essays i wrote back in the day. Maybe something about how the X-men´s conquest of the Legacy virus(don´t ask) showed a way how to solve aids ? Or maybe how Gundam Wing was a post 9/11 commentary before it happened ?

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I just watched both Seed and Seed Destiny for the first time recently, overall I did think Seed was superior for the most part but Seed Destiny was okay but it had problems. Shin was a really boring character and not well written. At first I did find him sympathetic having lost his family but he really became a one note character with always blaming Orb for that.

"ORB! WHAT IDIOTS" that seemed to be the only thing about his character midway through the series. Then he just kind of got demoted so Keira could return to glory. Had problems but overall it was enjoyable.

Now on the topic of the news post well this is very interesting. I always do love seeing people read this deeply and illustrate their thoughts. It's always a nice way to spin the medium more positive instead of negative.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Um, to try and dare to post a more positive and relevant response to the article, kudos to this long lady for an essay that hopes for better relations between China and Japan. Nothing wrong with that. I also like her Disney Castle shirt, very cool-looking.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Before i leave i just want to say that i have NOTHING against the girl and her positivity. Piece with China is good but i don´t see the connection with the show(half a remake of OG and ZETA) or OG Gundam(WW2). Who are the space whales in the conflict representing ? At least she made lemonade out of irradiated lemons.
Hard to do but i threw 35 hours of my life into the trash becausue of the good rating on this site. At least i learned. No AGE after ep 1 and the ova for me. Piece out.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Um, to try and dare to post a more positive and relevant response to the article, kudos to this long lady for an essay that hopes for better relations between China and Japan. Nothing wrong with that. I also like her Disney Castle shirt, very cool-looking.

When fanboys get started on their Cosmic Era hate-on, there is no stopping them. And hey, they've already broken out the sourceless rumors about the series that have been spreading for almost a decade (i.e. the thing about Shinn's VA).

Anyway, there's nothing saying that when she talks about 'eternal peace' she wasn't talking about the end of the series as a whole, which includes Destiny.

Good for her. It's a shame that people can't just congratulate her hard work or ignore it and move on.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
It isn't surprising to find a parallel between Seed and rather dicey world affairs between Japan-China as obviously the material in Seed was attempting to emulate the Original Gundam, a series in itself that featured Space Nazi's and Japan itself had sided with the Axis.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
kazenoyume wrote:
And hey, they've already broken out the sourceless rumors about the series that have been spreading for almost a decade (i.e. the thing about Shinn's VA).

That was fake? But it made sense. Shinn's character took a nose dive, I thought it HAD to be some outside influence. Nobody could have thought that was good writing.

Also, I'm not a CE hater. Hell, SEED's my favorite Gundam, a bit above Unicorn. I'm more of a UC hater, actually.
mr.c3mm3r

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Speaking as someone who has only a passing familiarity with Gundam, what in God's name is going on in this thread?
MechaManX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool that 12 years, 3 full series, and a massive OVA later, SEED manages to remains inspirational and relevant.Shows it hasn't succumb'd to the tear of time. Bravo.

@ mr.c3mm3r

there are a lot of Gundam fans, mostly cornered in the West, who have a tough time liking more than a handful of gundam series, usually the ones that aired during Toonami's prime era. And the fact that SEED, which came after all that is as big as it is, while stuff like Wing and G staled over time just kills them. So they become extremely loud in their hating of Gundam seed and destiny, very hypocritical over their problems with it, and vulgar, insulting the creators and commenting low blows like the fact Fukada's wife had cancer,... and then complaining about vulgarity and such used in his newly produced series Cross Ange, even though most of that has been established to be the ideas from the Direction, not producer Fukada.

The other option they had is to be reasonable, respectful, and just try to enjoy all Gundam series a little more (like me for example), opening their minds a little bit instead of being stuck in nostalgia mode.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Good job for that girl's essay and like her, I also wish that China and Japan would have better relations someday but it will definitely be a rough ride getting there.

As for the haters here? Yeah, I know that Seed Destiny wasn't great and believe me, the recycled and lazy action scenes really doesn't help but in the end, I still love the original Gundam Seed but Gundam Seed Destiny had so much potential but it fell apart by the end. Anyways, when that Gundam Seed movie inevitably comes, I just hope that there are no more lazy recycled action scenes because in today's animation, it's just unacceptable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3