• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Madman Entertainment Acquisitions from Supanova Adelaide 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy that LH and Lupin have been licensed, however I'm also worried. Knowing Madman, the release won't be widespread, and maybe they'll censor out the some of the stuff. Not sure if they will, but I heard SAO was censored by Madman to the point that even kissing was removed...

Not sure, though, Could just be ABC3 pulling a 4kids on us. Doesn't matter though: already seen it, and the dub sucks...
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:49 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
]I'm really happy that LH and Lupin have been licensed, however I'm also worried. Knowing Madman, the release won't be widespread, and maybe they'll censor out the some of the stuff. Not sure if they will, but I heard SAO was censored by Madman to the point that even kissing was removed...

You mean Lupin the Third's theatrical release won't be widespread? They've been pretty good so far, doubly so in New Zealand. You mean beyond specialized screening locations?

And in terms of censorship, I'm not sure where you're getting this idea from. Madman's release was the same as Aniplex Japan and Aniplex USA's home video release. Why do you think Madman would separately censor a release?

Lord Dcast wrote:
Doesn't matter though: already seen it, and the dub sucks...

While dubs are (and continue to be) a matter of personal choice, it makes sense for anime to continue to be translated by way of a dub to allow more people to get into anime. And the more people that can watch anime the more anime can be released locally. So don't be quite so harsh, they provide a vital function in the economy of anime Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1