• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised that some of the abilities that characters have in their respective Persona games didn't carry over. Chie didn't have her ice spells in the Arena games either, which I suspect is because her usefulness in that area drops off in P4 in lieu of physical attacks.

I'll be getting this at some point since P4G is my favorite game, but it'll have to wait until I start my new job since I don't have a 3DS and it is hard to justify spending a lot of money on a system when I only want one game.
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Dave Riley wrote:
Persona fans will love the fan-service and the cute-as-a button character designs, but they'll be disappointed by the lack of social links and in-depth plot.

Well that's a far fetched assumption.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
I liked EO IV (and SMT IV) better than Persona 4 because it was more about gameplay and less about waifu simulation...

Which is funny considering that I was under the impression that I would enjoy more waifu simulation (this was like... my favorite aspect about Rune Factory 3 and 4)... apparently, this is not the case.

That said, I'm currently playing this on hard and, at least as far as the second dungeon, the game feels roughly as easy as Persona 4 Golden did on its regular difficulty.

(I'm not even scamming the escape option you can get with Rise... but yes, there's a lot of options to not get scrubbed out by regular encounters)

I'm considering whether or not I should just restart my game on Risky, but I feel like I've already put too much time in to just redo everything at this point.

That said, I like the boost system since it makes the game feel less auto-pilot during regular battles...

But then, it could very well be because I have no current idea what conditions need to be fulfilled in order to get all out attacks consistently...

(They seem to be random now? In any event, it seems like I can't knock things down just by hitting them with weaknesses and the most consistent thing I do get is the boost bonus which gives you first attack and 0 resource use on skills)

EDIT:

Also, it should be noted that the 3DS case that comes with the thing feel cheap.

This is disappointing considering how good the P4G case was.

Last edited by DKL on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
P 3/4 plots are allright for a 60 hour grind. The waifu simulation part is the only bad thing about the series direction on the PS2. At least they did´t force you to bang them all in 4. So Persona 5 you know what to do.

Can´t you get these bonuses in P4 too if you decide to stay friends and only get biblical with one ? I had them all at level10(11 on golden).

Last edited by residentgrigo on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
You get an incredible bonus (for actual gameplay) for maxing out waifu stats in P4:G lol

So of course I was going to run a harem.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
I really want this game. But I really don't want to pay $50 for the privilege. What's up with this game's price point?

Atlus has a funny habit of selling their games a bit above the normal MSRP kind of like Square-Enix when it comes to handheld games.

Garudyne wrote:
. I like the original P4 game, but everything that came after that with its name on them are just meh in my eyes.

The general consensus is that Persona 4 Golden was the best version of 4.

residentgrigo wrote:
So Persona 5 you know what to do.

Skip the console versions and wait for the superior handheld version?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2