Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.


Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blood-
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 14523
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Fer sure. Just wait until us breast-stroke enthusiasts weigh in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Parse Error



Joined: 09 Oct 2009
Posts: 398

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Just wait until us breast-stroke enthusiasts weigh in.

Stop, stop, my sides have had enough for one day!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willag
Crazy FangirlCrazy Fangirl


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 2451

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
^^I was waiting for it! And sure enough, there it is!

But I forgive ya, because you're all about creating a swimming anime with girls as an anti-misogynistic message to show that female athletes are just as worthwhile as their male counterparts. Wink

---

And speaking of funny quotes, I haven't laughed so hard all week.

PrettyKitty20034 wrote:
RogerSterling wrote:

I'll tell you a perfect a Perfect example: "The Vampire Diaries" (on TV). EVERYONE is Hot on that show. Seriously, I'd bang every chick on that show (except April) -and the dudes all look like "Ken Dolls" & hair models. If I had Mystiques power of "Shape-shifting" I'd look like one of these dudes.


Except your rotten personality would shine through and you'd still never get laid.


All my feels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 3029
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
Zac demonstrates that crazy people who believe awful things are one of our most precious comedic resources.

Zac wrote:
RogerSterling wrote:

UNLESS...maybe I'm not even a Guy. What if I'm actually a female who happens to be Bi & actually likes Moe for the same reason Males do...hmmm. I've mentioned Sankaku & Cosplay Deviants before- maybe I'm "something" entirely Different? Maybe I'll post a pic of myself. Could I actually be a "female"....imagine that.

How many "Macho Moe guys" can sling Feminist theory & debate about female POV's with the nimbleness that I've displayed...would a real guy be THIS "ham handed"? How much does anyone know about "me" really?


You have a hug pillow with me on it, don't you?


Won't you give to the Roger Sterling Conservation Fund today? It's not too late to save these... creatures from banning.

Cue Sarah McLachlan.

And championferret just plain wins.

championferret wrote:
eyeofthetiger wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Misogyny version of "some of my best friends are black people"


The "misogyny" card,again.
Yeah, that NEVER gets old. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes


You see, it SHOULD be old. We shouldn't HAVE to use it and the only reason we do is because misogyny is still a thing, and one running rampant in this thread.
Also 'my female friends are happy with the shows they have! So they shouldn't need any more!' Do you actually read the things you type? Do you sit and think 'hmm, maybe I shouldn't be saying women don't deserve a show just for them just because they have a small number shows already. Maybe, just maybe, it may make me seem like a whinging dudebro who is sad that 80% of anime caters to his penis instead of 100%.'

If men feel """uncomfortable""" about a show that may (may!) feature male fanservice, then GOOD. I HOPE you do. Because maybe, just maybe! you'll understand how it feels to be female and be an anime fan or hell a fan or just about anything. If I can deal with countless shows, many of which are favorites of mine, suddenly shoving boobs in my face or a sexualized scene of a junior high school girl or any other example of the blatant male gaze included solely to boost sales, if I can learn to deal with it so it no longer bothers me (because we all know any woman it bothers is just an 'annoying feminist', right?), if I can learn to ignore the fact that so many female characters nowadays are created solely as wankbait... Then you can man the hell up and do so too when it happens with your own gender instead of carrying on like some kid who ate five candy bars and then threw a tantrum because his mother made him give the last one to someone else.


Damned well said. Damned well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
willag
Crazy FangirlCrazy Fangirl


Joined: 21 Apr 2010
Posts: 2451

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Because, as several mentioned, it was a crowning moment of awesome:

championferret wrote:
eyeofthetiger wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Misogyny version of "some of my best friends are black people"


The "misogyny" card,again.
Yeah, that NEVER gets old. Rolling EyesRolling Eyes


You see, it SHOULD be old. We shouldn't HAVE to use it and the only reason we do is because misogyny is still a thing, and one running rampant in this thread.
Also 'my female friends are happy with the shows they have! So they shouldn't need any more!' Do you actually read the things you type? Do you sit and think 'hmm, maybe I shouldn't be saying women don't deserve a show just for them just because they have a small number shows already. Maybe, just maybe, it may make me seem like a whinging dudebro who is sad that 80% of anime caters to his penis instead of 100%.'

If men feel """uncomfortable""" about a show that may (may!) feature male fanservice, then GOOD. I HOPE you do. Because maybe, just maybe! you'll understand how it feels to be female and be an anime fan or hell a fan or just about anything. If I can deal with countless shows, many of which are favorites of mine, suddenly shoving boobs in my face or a sexualized scene of a junior high school girl or any other example of the blatant male gaze included solely to boost sales, if I can learn to deal with it so it no longer bothers me (because we all know any woman it bothers is just an 'annoying feminist', right?), if I can learn to ignore the fact that so many female characters nowadays are created solely as wankbait... Then you can man the hell up and do so too when it happens with your own gender instead of carrying on like some kid who ate five candy bars and then threw a tantrum because his mother made him give the last one to someone else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42



Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 12621
Location: NZL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
^
I was waiting for that to appear as I knew it would. I wasn't kidding when I said that the thread should have been locked after it was posted because there's absolutely no defence to it and nothing more to say.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
rheiders



Joined: 05 Jul 2011
Posts: 1008
Location: Colorful Colorado :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
championferret's post was pretty incredible. Everything that needed to be said on the subject in one fantastic post. Still waiting for TitanXL's response to it, but I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village ElderVillage Elder


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Posts: 3522
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
By chance, did anyone mention to RogerSterling that Ken dolls have no genitals??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Surrender Artist
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 01 May 2011
Posts: 3029
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
As ANN Sexism Argument part 6 winds down, sadly without Bill Cosby intimidating lobsters with melted butter, I thought that I’d collect some of the finest wit and wisdom of Mister Roger Sterling

RogerSterling wrote:
UNLESS...maybe I'm not even a Guy. What if I'm actually a female who happens to be Bi & actually likes Moe for the same reason Males do...hmmm. I've mentioned Sankaku & Cosplay Deviants before- maybe I'm "something" entirely Different? Maybe I'll post a pic of myself. Could I actually be a "female"....imagine that.


…Miss Roger Sterling.

RogerSterling wrote:
You could say "Roger" is my 'Inner-Male'. Places like Sancom are are one of the few places left on Earth where "guys" just let it all hang-out so to speak. If I'm going to understand "Males" I need to learn how they think - right.


Mrs. Roger Sterling?

RogerSterling wrote:
Perhaps I'm a huge fan of Joan (Christina Hendricks)? Maybe I like older men?


…human being Roger Sterling?

RogerSterling wrote:
Great Haruhi humping a huge homunculis on cracker…


I guess we can’t really be sure of that either.

RogerSterling wrote:
Think of me as Loki (but with a vagina).


Screw it, I give up.

RogerSterling wrote:
& no Zac I don't have a 2-D complex or 'beat off' to 2-D characters. I find live 3-D girls who cosplay and fudge them or have them do sexy naked shoots in character. 2-D is 2-D & 3-D is 3-D right??


He/She/It/Thing has sophisticated taste in… something, evidently.

RogerSterling wrote:
So what....if it brings some "Hotter" chicks into liking Anime fine. You could have the Gayest or oiled up what-ever piece of Beefcake (whatever girls like) known to man in Anime - I do not care.


He/She/It/Thing cares for the future of the community and industry.

RogerSterling wrote:
Gore stood to make BILLIONS from "Carbon Credits" for basically selling "Kooties Insurance" (Kooties = Carbon Credits)...


He/She/It/Thing is politically aware.

RogerSterling wrote:
I like how Zac explains that he feels "Harem Animes" are being 'cynically produced' simply for "Beat-Off reasons" - when I think the shows he watches & appears to love ("Girls", "Princes Jellyfish", Real Housewives of...) are basically Melodrama for woman - it's a Depression fix. Zac likes to see Women "under pressure" or dealing w/ stress & other womans dramatics- WTF is that? "Moe" anime's like "K-On!" are about girls being "cheery", Innocent, playful, shy, or earnest - it's like the EXACT Opposite of the "real-life" stuff Zac admits to enjoy. Zac likes "depressed" (or Stressed) females and Identifies with their "struggles" (as any Male Feminist would). One could argue that Zac's "inner-female" is vastly JEALOUS of "Moe girls"?...Moe girls are the Cheerleaders, Princesses, & Popular Heroines to Zac's desired female flavors of: Oppressed, Loser, or Under-privileged female types (in my opinion). "Moe" uplifts the guys who enjoy it with euphoria of female fantasy relationship ideals while Zac's females of choice make normal guys want to "slit their own wrists". Moe = Hope - Zac's heroes offered drama & oppression.

It's always been my theory than a man's choice of Playboy model, Super-Model, TV star, Pop Singer, or Anime Tastes reflects how he views "women" or his own INNER-Female. My Inner-Female loves girls like Haruhi Suzumiya & Tsumugi Kotobuki & Asuka Langley Soryu....Moe is man's search for the female purity & Idealized feminine within. Only a cynical person like Zac would see something lke "Moe" as simply "Sexual"- Yeah, My "Inner Female" would eat Zac's inner-females lunch on the playground & then toss it a razor & say "Get on with it Loser or Shut Up"....But I know Zac can only make opinions based on his own "Culture Views"- it's not entirely his fault. I blame America, Politics, & Society for warping his social world view to such a degree that he'll never see "Moe" for the innocent flower it is in the hearts of men hiding from a world full of scornful women & materially obsessed glamour sluts that are marketed by Hollywood 24/7. Yes Zac you are perhaps TOO Cynical to appreciate "Moe" - that is pitiful but at least you're acknowledging you don't "get it".


Roger Sterling is presently serving a 15 year sentence in a federal correctional facility for robbing the 1st National Bank of Quotation Marks and for being a crazy person. His/Her/Its/Thing's cell mate is a serial arsonist and former professional drug mule named Leslie. They have a warm, nurturing relationship.

Not featured: His creepy fixations on cuteness, purity and Bamboo Dong.

dtm42 wrote:
^
I was waiting for that to appear as I knew it would...


Awww, can't a brother get some credit? (Understandable, of course, since I just edited it into my post rather than creating a new one)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
swienke



Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 244

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
@Surrender Artist

Oh god, please tell me that guy's a troll. Because if he's serious I might just have to facepalm so hard my brain crashes through the back of my skull and bounces out the door.

Either way though, that was pure comedy gold, and your framing of it just made it even better. Now I'm afraid I'll have to wade into that thread (all 75 pages of it...) just to see if there's any more buried treasure to be found.

EDIT: Nevermind, further reading of the thread makes it seem like he really is serious. I'm not sure whether to laugh, fly into a rage, or sit in a corner and cry in despair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Ghost_Wheel



Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I got a laugh out of this, the third to last post in the now dead moe gold mine.

Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Ad hominem only applies if I'm actually engaged in an argument with you. I'm not. I'm just calling you an idiot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesonoxian Eve



Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 1858

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
It's been a while since a post really made me bust out laughing, but today's post by RyanSaotome did a wonderful job:

RyanSaotome wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
How many werewolves in anime are there?I only recall two of them,that dude from vampire Hunter D and one other from One Piece.But even they are not werewolves in classical meaning of that word.


This is the dictionaries official definition of a werewolf:

"A person who changes for periods of time into a wolf"

So if you count wolf girls like Holo, there are quite a few.


Holo's a werewolf! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Galap



Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 1167

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
There's also the creepshot picture kid in Rosario Vampire, but I don't think anyone wants to be reminded of that Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
st_owly
Get off my lawn!Get off my lawn!


Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3456
Location: Edinburgh, UK

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
From the maid cafe thread in Talkback:

qwerty1212 wrote:
You are so uninformed that I had to make an account just to tell you why you're wrong.


The old classic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sleverin



Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
They wouldn't last a minute in a Youtube comments section....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 97 of 100

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group