• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu Animator Reprimanded by I.G for Indecent Comments, Images on Twitter

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's unfortunate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Niyari

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
fujoshi sure are amazing
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:47 pm Reply with quote
...didn't one of the animators of IkaMusume post adult pictures of Ika on twitter on somesuch, and no one cared...? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
...didn't one of the animators of IkaMusume post adult pictures of Ika on twitter on somesuch, and no one cared...? Rolling Eyes

Haikyu is a jump property though, targets kids and is Jump tends to be protective of its properties
fencer_x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Ouch. I wondered if it was okay to post those there (one of No.6's animators posted some cutely slashy work, but that wasn't a Jump property and it was all PG, nothing worse than was in the show itself), and apparently not.

Just glad I reblogged the hottest one on tumblr already so I get to keep ogling Mad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
This wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't a work from Shonen Jump or some other kids publication. Fujoshi are silly folk, you don't get the creative rage from any other type of Otaku save for Idol otaku.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
#814635: I find that to be hypocritical for Jump since they allowed the Sexy Jutsu and its variants in Naruto.
nemuyoake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
It's a little bit hypocritical, isn't it? Fujoshi ARE the ones who buy a lot of Haikyuu!!! goods. (And Kurobasu BTW)

They want fujoshi's money but not their obscene drawings. But what is a fujoshi without any obscene drawings to stimulate her imagination, huh? You can't have one without the other.
Minami-Asakura

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
This wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't a work from Shonen Jump or some other kids publication. Fujoshi are silly folk, you don't get the creative rage from any other type of Otaku save for Idol otaku.

Sorry tu burst your bubble. The worst are those moe-fanservice otaku. That is the worst crowd in this medium.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
#814635 wrote:
championferret wrote:

Haikyu is a jump property though, targets kids and is Jump tends to be protective of its properties

Isn't Haikyuu a late-night show though? I'm sure there aren't many kid fans that know enough about the production process to know the names and twitter accounts of the people who animate it.
I'm not saying what she did was ok, just that the reaction was ridiculously harsh.

(was what she put up even that 'bad' though? I haven't seen it so I can't judge. edit= Just realized theres pics in the source...those are hardly what I'd call graphic. Probably not a smart move on her part, but I have mixed feelings about how harsh this reaction is...especially considering its basically entirely to the fujoshi fanbase's credit that the show is doing so well at all.)

Last edited by championferret on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carefree859

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Meh don't even care
Guile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
nemuyoake wrote:
It's a little bit hypocritical, isn't it? Fujoshi ARE the ones who buy a lot of Haikyuu!!! goods. (And Kurobasu BTW)

Not at all. It may be popular with fujoshi but it's primary audience is still children. Fujoshi are just the peripheral demographic.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Wait, we're talking about these "sexualized" tweets, right?
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
My gut instinct is that she got into trouble not mainly because of the slashy pics but because she basically antagonised the kurobasu fandom (y'know, IG's other big fujoshi-money-grabbing JUMP sports franchise).
Also its probably not a good idea to reveal that you lost the original settings for a character and is just gonna wing it from memory.
Zahirus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Minami-Asakura wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

Sorry tu burst your bubble. The worst are those moe-fanservice otaku. That is the worst crowd in this medium.

lolno. at least moe-fanservice otaku stick to their pandering shows. fujoshis on the other hand can't stop crapping up fandoms with their made up pairings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3