• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Director Guillermo del Toro Talks Pacific Rim 2 Plot Details

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Guile wrote:

The movie made most of it's profit in China, that probably tells something about the appeal. Not in America, nor Japan, but China. I'm unsure what that means though and what type of movies China generally likes.

Pacific Rim became a cult hit in Japan - sold over 120k Blu-ray, which only few films in Japan do any year foreign or domestic.
Norbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:
While you can say what you want about the movie, the fact is that it was a box office success internationally. In terms of anime-influenced movies, it certainly performed well.

So, you're saying that movies that do financially well determines their quality?

I don't think that's what he said. I think what he means by that statement is "While you can say what you want about the movie, the fact is that it was a box office success internationally. In terms of anime-influenced movies, it certainly performed well"
sunflower

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
The reason this made money is because it was a fun movie, and very well done for what it is. Aside from the idiotic scientist characters...
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
I'm so happy we're getting a sequel. The first was such an amazingly fun movie with such fantastic visuals. Del Taro is such a stylistic director and the visual work on PR was top notch.

I'm just happy a sequel to a movie that feels like it had actual passion and love behind it can continue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
while not a great film by any stretch, it was far superior to the atrocious godzilla (2014) film we got. what a disappointment that was on just about every level (it doesn't deserve a sequel in my books). here's hoping pacific rim can live up to its potential during its second outing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2