• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Psycho-Pass Film's Full Trailer, Story, More of Cast Unveiled

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
I see that I make a mistake on my part. It's not like I dislike second season. I'm rather enjoying as much as the pervious season.

I cannot read Japanese. If possible, can you translate it?

Enough users on the talkback forum troll the 2nd season enough to make any casual reader assume everyone else hates the 2nd season. Apologies for generalising you into that category.

The following is my own very rough translation which will not be 100% accurate in grammatical terms:

The Psycho Movie is an animation product with a new storyline which is connected to the franchise as a continuation of the 2nd season.

I'm glad that we're in clear page. Apology accepted.

And thanks for translation. Smile
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:46 pm Reply with quote
You had me at Kougami.

Glad to see that IG will be back for this. Also happy to see Asano and Shiotani also working on this new movie. I have high hopes for this movie. Season 2 might be meh compared to Season 1, but I still love the franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Finally maybe will get to see a Ko/akane showdown. Now that would be entertaining.

I don't hate the second season I just think a lot of what it's trying to do is BS . Like they reached up their ass and pulled out the stankiest shit and said " well it's not a diamond, but we aint mining for those." Makes no sense and smells like shit.
Sobe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:39 pm Reply with quote
KOUGAMI KUN! Twisted Evil
endallchaos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Glad the writer of season 1 is coming back! Smile

I kinda like season 2, but it's no where near as good as the first one.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:35 pm Reply with quote
I am in the boat of people who are excited for this BECAUSE OF KOGAMI!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
Can't freaking wait!

Yeah, it'll be good to have Kogami back too. Smile
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
Is anyone else getting a GITS vibe with the terrorist villains and the tanks? I'm also someone who doesn't hate season 2 but just thinks it's not as good as the first. Anyway, I have faith in this movie since we have two key returning staff: chief director Motohiro from season 1 and of course, Urobuchi. Here's hoping the series ends with a bang.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:52 am Reply with quote
Kogami-kun! That sounds interesting, how the rest of the world's societies moved on without a Sybil-like guidance (control) system.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
I am quite sure that the "woman" and "man" talking outside of the soldiers and Nicolas is Chief Kasei (as the beginning; Sakakibara Yoshiko. CHIEF! *HISSSS*) and Dr. Saiga.

Glad Kou is coming back, especially when things appear from the outside. As expected, the trailer can impress, and things are chaotic.

If VO Sakurai is here, it may be an archive of Makishima or red-haired Sho is OK.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:30 am Reply with quote
Looks good, but the wait for us non-Japanese is going to be a killer.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of Ghost in the Shell, at least the trailer
Flare-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Very excited for this, if only to read the impressions of those who've seen it in Japan. The wait will be excruciating indeed for it to come Stateside, either on Blu-ray or perhaps as one of the few anime film releases that make it here in theaters (I live outside NYC, so if that should happen, I'll most certainly be near a theater that's playing it).

I was one of the few that actually enjoyed Psycho-Pass 2, perhaps even more so than the first season. While there were a handful of episodes that narratively went off the rails, I thought that the ultimate philosophical questions posed by the series, which those outlandish plot points were in service of, were worth it by the end.

I also was not necessarily turned off by the moments of ultra-violence, and I actually found the moments spoiler[in the pharmacy] and spoiler[the drone facility] to be thoroughly nail-biting, and they served as a blistering, unfiltered look at Sibyl's flaws. The spoiler[tragic end to the Inspector in the pharmacy] I also found to be horribly poetic, a great bit of writing, and I appreciated that despite these intense sequences, spoiler[Kamui's motives, in the end, were not to commit wanton violence].

Was Psycho-Pass 2 flawed? Undoubtedly. It bit off more than it could chew, but I respect it for trying, and in some areas I thought it succeeded quite spectacularly. Season 1, by comparison, was more focused, yes, more consistent, but also safer, I felt. I think each has their merits, and I was thoroughly impressed that with Kamui, Psycho-Pass 2 managed to present a villain completely different, yet no less compelling than Makishima--something I never would have believed they'd pull off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2