• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Only Toonami?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Kiba was on Toonami? I guess I was too old to take advantage. I've wanted to watch it, but I only found it on Hulu, and it expired shortly afterwards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
As for "Kajiudo:Rise of the Duel Masters,"it was a good idea. The thing of having the monsters as real was a creative idea. Too bad it wasn't handled well. It could have worked if it was handled better.

I agree with the first part of your statement, but can I ask you why you think it wasn't handled well? How could it have been handled better?

Guile wrote:
Kaijudo was a card game show where no one played card games. I find that a very odd choice on their part.

The currently airing Rage of Bahamut: Genesis is a card game, but no one is playing cards in that one either. What's your point? Giving the creatures more depth and personality is something Kaijudo did well. I'm glad it had no card-playing mechanics whatsoever. It would have been highly boring otherwise.
Chibiterasu11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Duuuude, I remember almost everything mentioned in this article, except for Kiba. Never heard of it before. I was a Toonami faithful back then.

I liked Ronin Warriors. It's a perfectly decent example of its genre, and I liked the characters. I liked how that one persistent bad guy got a redemptive arc and became a good guy later on. I remember (probably due to ads featuring this quote) his villainous catchphrase being, "Quake with fear!"

I liked s-CRY-ed a lot. It was such a good show, though I don't remember it very well now. I would love the opportunity to watch it again and see if it holds up.

Shame that Megas XLR was written off as a loss. In what kind of cruel world can a show as fun as MXLR "fail"? I think that Thundercats 2011 was released on DVD, so it's not impossible that MXLR could come out on DVD, too, but since it's an older show, the chances of that happening seem more remote...

I liked Rave Master, too. A classic shonen adventure series with cute characters.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Cartoon Network put a stop to Megas XLR because there were shows the executives had greenlit that they wanted to put in the channel more. Megas was a new show during then, and they happened to choose it to remove to make way for those new shows.

Megas XLR was always intended to be a placeholder, regrettably.
Maokun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:25 am Reply with quote
Man it sure is good to hear I am not the only one who loves s-CRY-ed to bits in spite of all its glaring flaws. Oh perhaps /because/! It was unabashedly over the top, all the way to the awkward English ending song "Drastic MY Heart".
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Chibiterasu11 wrote:

I liked Rave Master, too. A classic shonen adventure series with cute characters.

unfortunately tokyopop completely effed uped the whole english dub which is probably why no company have licensed it as yet let alone touched it.

everyone was expecting funi to license it & do a new dub ala one piece , since they have fairy tail and would have to give out a new dub in the event they eventually license the fairy tail x rave ova.

its as i said while toonami made some anime series sensations like DBZ and SM , others unfortunately got the short end of the stick like RM and others like eyeshield.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8