• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter V Teased Exclusively for PlayStation 4, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote
a sign that xbox one really is doing terrible. haha
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Even though it's a teaser trailer, I don't mind the character models of this one. They no longer look like clay dolls. Sure there's the ink effect but I'm pretty sure that's just old asset. It'll probably be changed for the new title. I just hope Juri comes back in this one.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
I just hope Juri comes back in this one.

Chances are they will start with a small rooster so they can milk everybody with super, ultra & kitchen sync editions Anime hyper
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:

Chances are they will start with a small rooster so they can milk everybody with super, ultra & kitchen sync editions Anime hyper

Which inevitably don't end up on PC.

I called the "one new SF per console generation" a few months back and this seems to confirm it.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Well Xbox One is not selling very well in Japan (so that make sense), and I don't know if the US and outside of Japan will get a Xbox One version.

Not seeing a Wii U release really much confirmed that Nintendo are not taking in 3rd party titles anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lizardking461

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 pm Reply with quote
That has to be the most unintentionally hilarious video I've seen in a long time, congrats to Capcom's marketing department.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
IGN has confirmed the ANN story to be true just in case if any of you are skeptic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

Considering it beat the PS4 by over 20% on Black Friday, I beg to differ.

Plus they got Tomb Raider, regardless if it's a timed exclusive or not, that's way bigger than Street Fighter.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Indeed it did infamous. However for that week PS4 had twice as many sales in Europe as the XBONE meaning it likely still sold more for that week.

Video gaming is global now. European market is just as strong as the US market and sadly it seems Japan's console gaming market is quickly shrinking.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

XB1 has about 8 million units sold - that's not bad. That's actually better than either the X360 or PS3 at the same point in time.
If SFV is exclusive, it'd most likely be timed exclusive.

For those who don't know, here's how the business of exclusives work:

If a console-maker (in this case, Sony) wants a game developer (Capcom) to make an exclusive game, then Sony has to compensate the developer for how much money the developer would have earned on the other consoles if they didn't go exclusive.

So for a popular title like SFV, that's a lot of money. Let's say that by the time SFV is released (say late next year), the XB1 may be at 13 million units sold. How many of those XB1 owners would have bought SFV? Let's say a million. So Sony has to compensate Capcom at least $60 million for the million lost sales at $60 each plus lost earnings from DLCs and LEs. And that's a low number if it's a lifetime exclusive, given that its predecessor SFIV has sold millions more than that in its lifetime.

So that's a lot of money. That's why most popular 3rd-party titles don't go exclusive - because even console makers can't afford to dole out such cash. If it's less popular titles, they can afford to pay them out because it's less possible lost earnings. And that's the business.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:40 pm Reply with quote
So what do you want first? SF or Tomb raider?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:54 am Reply with quote
Well, that wasn't completely unexpected

By the way, the video is no longer available
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
Freakmasta wrote:

Which inevitably don't end up on PC.

I called the "one new SF per console generation" a few months back and this seems to confirm it.

well there is a chance in the future that it will be only for the next gen consoles which will mean those uber noobs can forget any thoughts of a nintendo 3ds version.

hopefully this game will have a better matchmaking feature than in SF4 which had a very nasty habbit of making no contest match ups like 80% of the time. which is why most of those beginners dumped that game and went to the 2d SFIII Online Edition instead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1