• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Depression and anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madhound26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
I have no idea if this is the right area to post or anything but i just wanna know if anyone else has suffered through depression, I have been quite prone to depression pretty much the last 3-4 years of my life and when i think its gone it always creeps back, Couple of months ago i started watching anime and i have loved it and i have always been happy watching some times sad depending on the anime but never depressed, Depression has crawled back to me and life just sucks, I cant do the stuff i once enjoyed anymore, Watching anime just dousent feel right it feels like iam staining the good memories i had watching anime, I enjoy nothing and i just feel down and crying 24/7, I want to enjoy anime because i love it but depression is just taking everything in my life i once enjoyed,I really want to know if anyone has had similar time as mine, Iam 16 and i usually feel like this towards november and I really hate it, I dont want to watch anime in this state because i watch anime because it makes me happy but at the moment nothing makes me happy :'(, New pokemon game came out and i dont even want to play it, I cant socialize because i haven't got much friends in the college i started recently, My family is all i got to rely one and things just feel hopeless, I used to never understand depression but it really is a horrible thing. Sad
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Madhound26 wrote:
i usually feel like this towards november

Are you familiar with Seasonal affective disorder?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Madhound26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Madhound26 wrote:

Yeah but I REALLY just want to be happy throughout the whole year, it hurts me how happy evryone is when its christmas and theres me just feeling down about everything,Iam thinking of going to doctors for help but something inside me tells me it wont work.
Madhound26

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Madhound26 wrote:

Yeah but I REALLY just want to be happy throughout the whole year, it hurts me how happy evryone is when its christmas and theres me just feeling down about everything,Iam thinking of going to doctors for help but something inside me tells me it wont work.
Vee-Tee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Help is available. Always. There's phone-lines and Internet forums like 7 Cups of Tea... you don't have to suffer alone.

Keep a routine up, try to eat regularly, and exercise. I know that sounds like fluffy, useless advice, but self-care really helps when you're depressed. Clean your living space, do whatever you're obligated to do. Every little helps.

If you can, try to see a doctor or a therapist through the NHS. Your doctor may start you on a small dosage of SSRIs, but bear in mind that it can take about 4 weeks to notice any effects.

Feel better soon. <3
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Vee-Tee, please observe the general forum policy of necroposting. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1