• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 13:

It's really interesting to see a bit more insight on Principal Asano. I mean, I wasn't a fan of his but this episode really made him interesting with the dialogues and his role. The drama play also seemed like something that looked quite entertaining.

Good episode, seems like the second half of this show is really going to pick up business.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
1st half of the show cleaning up the loose ends from last week and the episode before that, I admit I was a little disappointed at how anti-climatic the gamble turned out to be. Then again, this is a Mach 20 monster who loves his students to turn out brilliant so it was not completely unexpected.

Two weeks ago the director tossed money at the same person who was a cause of the suicide, but that suicide basically converted Asano's education policy from producing "good" students to "strong" students. We also know why Koro-Sensei is so good at teaching because he modelled his teaching style on Director Asano prior to the student's suicide.

The play is to fill in the time before the next important arc, but it's also fun to see Class E poke the nose of the rest of the student body once more even when they are given no chance.

If next week starts the 2nd half of this adaptation, then they are certainly starting off with a bang. If it's to end the 1st half, I couldn't think of a better arc to finish than with the upcoming one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

Crazy episode, loved how we find out more about Kayano and her past and sister. And she went a bit crazy this episode with her tentacles. I got quite a thrilling feeling after seeing this episode especially with that cliffhanger. And that's what I'd call a big change in her character. Quite frightening...damn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Now viewers know who the mysterious dying person was right at the start of the first season. This is the big arc where we all find out about Koro-Sensei and who he really is, so the next week at the very least should be fun just to see the result of the duel between the tentacle users (plus the one scene in this entire series that could potentially fall foul of censoring).

Viewers were given a few hints here and there about Kayano's acting abilities (such as the orphanage arc) but did anyone really think she was anything else besides that?

On a side note, Nagisa's current hairstyle is thanks to Kayano (or should we say Yukimura Akari?). If anything, Nagisa and Kayano have always got along well so it's too early to see if the latter was really putting up an act with relation to him.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, still need to wait another week to see that scene animated!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Viewers were given a few hints here and there about Kayano's acting abilities (such as the orphanage arc) but did anyone really think she was anything else besides that?

Yeah, I think it was that something felt a little off, and you could see it kind of playing off in the background that for some reason she chose to then be props in the play. In some ways I was not entirely surprised as when we saw the beads on the ground here the automatic thought was that this was really assassination, because of course Koro-sensei would help pick them up. It was actually such an obvious chance that it kind of felt a bit suspicious that she did not hide any anti Koro balls amongst them, but it was really evidence that everything that Kayano had done up to now was lowering Koro-sensei's guard to her that he really was not read for the actual attempt. So after all this time, having gained so much information, but her cover being blown, Kayano has kind of been pushed to a situation where she is going to die unless something is done. She simultaneously is trying to kill him from desperation, but also wants to be saved.

I will still ship Nagisa and Kayano, even if a lot of what she had done up to now was largely an act.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I will still ship Nagisa and Kayano, even if a lot of what she had done up to now was largely an act.

No way. Not that I have anything against it but Nagisa is obviously Rio's personal property.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

No way. Not that I have anything against it but Nagisa is obviously Rio's personal property.

I'll assume you're joking about that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:

You sound sort of challenging.

Yes I was more or less joking but not without basis. When a specific girl with a specific boy feels perfectly at ease in forcibly taking off his pants in the classroom at a whim it implies a certain type of relationship, don't you think?

Even more so when the boy in question is quite capable of defending himself and doesn't. Then even more so when she goes on to put her own skirt on him and his pants on herself and directing him to act like a girl. And it ain't the first time she has played with him for her own amusement. So I would say my appraisal has some justification.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Harleyquin wrote:

You sound sort of challenging.

Yes I was more or less joking but not without basis. When a specific girl with a specific boy feels perfectly at ease in forcibly taking off his pants in the classroom at a whim it implies a certain type of relationship, don't you think?

Even more so when the boy in question is quite capable of defending himself and doesn't. Then even more so when she goes on to put her own skirt on him and his pants on herself and directing him to act like a girl. And it ain't the first time she has played with him for her own amusement. So I would say my appraisal has some justification.

Nakamura is bigger than Nagisa, so he can't resist even if he wanted to then (and the situation didn't allow it anyway). Both have the same assassin training and Nagisa's patented special attack wouldn't have worked in that situation.

Just because she bullies him often doesn't make him her personal property.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote

A week later than expected due to unfortunate circumstances, but this episode was worth the wait.

Like the last season, we get a new OP and ED and it's made crystal clear that this adaptation will end the storyline properly. I like this season's OP song better than the last quarter, but the animation doesn't have the same impact.

The big scene of course is Nagisa's 15-hit combo. I was wondering how they were going to animate it, but it turned out alright in the end.

The big surprise (or not) is who Koro-Sensei really is. Not only do viewers figure out who Shirou is and why he's always after the octopus (quite a different voice too when the voice-changer is removed), we now know that Koro-Sensei was indeed human as Karasuma hinted way back during the Kyoto school trip arc. Not to mention he had a ridiculous amount of talent for multi-tasking taking into account his true profession.

As for Yukimura, hard to believe she's related to Kayano. Physique is different but so is the face since they don't look like sisters at all. Her shirt sense is abysmal, but I suppose that's another one of her charms.

If I have one objection to Koro-Sensei, it is his reluctance to help Nagisa's secret move develop further since it's obvious who taught the second generation Shinigami the perfect version of the stunner. Although he told Karasuma that he would support Nagisa if the latter opted to be a professional killer, I suppose he probably held back on some of the tricks of the trade in the hope Nagisa was going to change his mind. I'm familiar with the source so I know what the career decision was in the end, but both in this adaptation and the source I felt slightly cheated that Koro-Sensei decided to let Lovro do the teaching rather than himself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 15:

So, they are definitely adapting the rest of this series then. I'm glad to see they resolved that Kanade problem. Thanks Nagisa with that big kiss but I think Irina/Bitch-sensei was expecting a little bit more LOL

And the background storytelling has been interesting so far. New OP song is okay, I personally liked the previous one though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 15

Been waiting for this story of Kayano to return. Nice going Nagisa.

I do like the new OP, it gives the feeling of really know who people are. I guessed way back when that Koro-sensei was the Reaper when the name was mentioned the name, and although somewhat confused when another appeared, his story of becoming an assassin after watching another made me certain Koro-sensei was the original. The fact Koro-sensei said that the person who taught the current Reaper was a fool was but one more clue that it was him.

Feel sorry for Kayano's sister.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Thanks Nagisa with that big kiss but I think Irina/Bitch-sensei was expecting a little bit more LOL

So just when was Irnia teaching "forced french kissing" to the class and just how was she doing it? Apparently it wasn't just Nagisa that got that training. Of course the anime can't show all the training they got for the past year but did they have to leave that out?

Interesting to see which ones were quick with the cell phone cameras. Those are keeper pictures that's for sure.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:
Thanks Nagisa with that big kiss but I think Irina/Bitch-sensei was expecting a little bit more LOL

So just when was Irnia teaching "forced french kissing" to the class and just how was she doing it? Apparently it wasn't just Nagisa that got that training. Of course the anime can't show all the training they got for the past year but did they have to leave that out?

Re-watch the first season. The class made it very clear that soon after Jelavic became their English teacher she would get them to answer questions. Right or wrong, the (un)fortunate student would get a deep kiss in return.

Nagisa's strongest subject of the five they all have to sit exams for is English, so whether the kisses had a positive or negative effect in his language ability remains to be seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 19