• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Assassination Classroom (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Looks like the forum did a rollback and lost 2 weeks worth of posts.

I'll miss those posts Anime cry .

Er. anyways. Fun episode. I always get a kick on how this series portrays test-taking.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. One of the most unusual aspects of this series is turning spoiler[exam questions into matters of life and death for the students taking them. ] Not that far from the truth especially for those who have experienced something similar in the past.

The duel between Korosensei and the school director now beings, round 1 going to the spoiler[director with his sneaky underhanded tactics. ] There's still a long way to go before the year is finished though.

The education level of the school might be sky-high, but it's environments like that which don't lead to happy ends for the oppressed. Just as well this is a work of fiction and we don't see scenes of spoiler[suicide from bullying and societal pressure. ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

What a scumbag principal, he does not spoiler[care about teaching his students as much as sacrificing the lower to push the top up, even unfairly sabotaging them]. He also seems to spoiler[understand what exactly Koro Sensei's past is, perhaps that he was betrayed].

Also nice bit with the spoiler[Naruto headband]. Seeing him spoiler[depressed at not being able to do anything] was something else.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 6

What a scumbag principal, he does not spoiler[care about teaching his students as much as sacrificing the lower to push the top up, even unfairly sabotaging them].

What is interesting (or infuriating if you are that into it) is that Gakuhō is not even doing what he is claiming to be doing. He says he has invented a harsh meritocracy where the ultimate incentive is to not be rated in the bottom 5% where you will be demoted to the End class. spoiler[ But from what we just saw that will never happen because the test environment will be rigged to make sure that the current residents of class E will remain there regardless of what effort they put in. So nobody in the main campus will be demoted because the 5% is already there and will stay there.] So where is the supposed incentive?

Whatever is happening isn't a meritocracy. It is a pogrom of some kind with the victims selected for some reason we do not know yet.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
There are two parts to the director's system:

1. The learning environment of the 5% is so terrible no student will want to make the drop if he/she can help it.
2. The 5% exist as the punching bags for the rest of the school population. Even if the odds of dropping down are lowered when the principal intervenes specifically against Koro-Sensei, the 95% of the school population feels superior to Class E and is supposedly more motivated to work harder and achieve success in academic life.

On another note, students with disciplinary problems are dropped into Class E (Akabane Karma). So direct intervention or not, there's always the risk for "regular" students to keep on their toes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:
Well that was fun until those thugs decided to attack spoiler[Sensei's class during their field trip. That was just low. ]

However, I really liked the way spoiler[Koro-sensei fought back against those thugs to show them who is boss. When you mess with the class, you mess with everyone. Good episode. Oh and lol, poor bitch-sensei Wink]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Class trip to Kyoto.]
Everyone was having fun ^^
There sure had a lot of spoiler[sightseeing.
Those bullies made a mess of things.
Bet they were sorry when Koro sensei got to them.]

Fun episode.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
1st half of the Jump Special done. A little more involved than the aforementioned OVA and the source material but good nonetheless.

Let's see how the producers decide to animate the 2nd half of the Kyoto school trip arc.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why but Irinia cracks me up. The over-voluptuous vain prima-donna character never really worked for me but it does here. I guess it is because she really is less mature than all her putative junior-high charges.

Episode 7 was fun of course but I would have like to see the students do more of spoiler[the take down.] Of course Koro-sensei was going to win it wouldn't have even been a challenge for him.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:24 am Reply with quote
So being spoiler[prepared pays off]? Seeing Koro Sensei spoiler[angry] always works too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:
spoiler[Ha, I just love the way Koro-sensei is dressed up, armed with a sword, and showing off.]

And while all this is going on, I also find it spoiler[amusing that he literally has a sniper aiming at his head. I just find it amusing how the assassin not only obviously failed but got his pride shattered. Also really amusing seeing Rio teaming up with the guys to try to kill Koro-sensei when he is taking a bath lol]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Koro keeps on impressing.
Kids keep on trying to kill him.
That trip to Kyoto sure was fun to watch!
I felt sorry for that spoiler[sniper guy.
B*tch sensei bonded with the kids a bit more ^^
A small new detail about Koro-sensei came out.]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
As always, by the book with a few extras thrown in for the extra laughs.

Nice voice for the sniper, fits the persona well.

The last scenes featuring the class in the inn on their own always the highlight of a school trip. Because they're more or less split 50:50 for gender balance, having them act their age every once in a while makes for interesting situations.

Next week sees the spoiler[introduction of Ritsu, so it should be interesting to see how the producers decide to portray her. ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Well not only a great Kyoto episode but a lot of interesting reveals:

So Koro Sensei spoiler[was a human once. Probably changed as part of government project.]

His abilities spoiler[ were engineered to steal or spy.]

Karasuma knows spoiler[where he comes from.]

Irinia is spoiler[only 20 and probably a virgin.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
Could you say that spoiler[sniper was schooled]?

For me, the highlight was thespoiler[ gossip part], especially with Koro Sensei involved in spoiler[taking notes on the boys and trying to listen in on girl talk].

Also, we now know for sure Koro Sensei wspoiler[as originally human]. And if I had to guess it is almost like the governments are spoiler[making the same mistakes again by creating more super humans].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 19