• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tekken 7 Producer: Lucky Chloe Character Is Exclusive to Europe, East Asia

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:06 pm Reply with quote
LOL Freakin Harada

[EDIT: Don't really need that many Os to spell LOL. -TK]
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
But what if I wanna play as both Lucky Chloe *AND* the big bald muscular dude?! Sad
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Wait why Europe and East Asia, what did North America do to not deserve Lucky Chloe, not that I'm complaining, I'm just curious. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
This only makes sense if LC is a complete "joke" character that matches her appearance, I would be very annoyed if say it turns out she is one of the better tuned fighters for the release.
Sudo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:21 pm Reply with quote
ANN is reporting sarcastic tweets as news, now? It was pretty obvious Harada wasn't serious about replacing Lucky Chloe.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Good job Mr. Producer. Your comment just cost you at least one sale.
nyoron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Harada was joking.....or is he? Confused
VPedge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:36 pm Reply with quote
nyoron wrote:
I think he was tho it would be pretty messed up if he was real
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quote
After doing some research I'm afraid Lucky Chloe may have been the victim of the on-going Gamergate controversy (which I didn't know was going on until just now). One source said this:

One angry gamer wrote:
It’s hilarious because the #GamerGate folk fighting against corruption and the censorship of their games actually don’t mind Lucky Chloe, but the folks fighting to keep corruption rampant and to censor games are against Chloe. It’s almost like the folk who hate #GamerGate don’t want women in the gaming industry. Who would have thunk it? -
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Legendzerox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Good job Mr. Producer. Your comment just cost you at least one sale.

Cause some asshole wanted to be rude, and now you are trying to refuse someone his opinion? Move along.
VPedge

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
After doing some research I'm afraid Lucky Chloe may have been the victim of the on-going Gamergate controversy (which I didn't know was going on until just now). One source said this:

One angry gamer wrote:
It’s hilarious because the #GamerGate folk fighting against corruption and the censorship of their games actually don’t mind Lucky Chloe, but the folks fighting to keep corruption rampant and to censor games are against Chloe. It’s almost like the folk who hate #GamerGate don’t want women in the gaming industry. Who would have thunk it? -
no i am pretty sure that its because most the post from neogaf and srk he was replying due to mostly that thread its just easy to pin crap on gamergate
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
nyoron wrote:

I hope he's trolling because if not, he's lost his mind and it has to be the worst decision in gaming in 15 or so years.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote
VPedge wrote:
no i am pretty sure that its because most the post from neogaf and srk he was replying due to mostly that thread its just easy to pin crap on gamergate

But why did the producer take neogaf too seriously, neogaf doesn't represent majority of open-minded gamers. Seeing how NeoGaf founder, Tyler Malka is a misogynist himself (other sources: Doomed since 1989, IGN). I would treat neogaf like 2-chan and should not be found credible. Also I read this interesting article from VG24/7 about NeoGAF controversy.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I think he's being facetious while taking a jab at the stereotypical tastes of American gamers.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like if he's trolling, but maybe not. But he's just responding to the complaints from NeoGaf -- yes, specifically responding to complaints there -- and elsewhere about Chloe:
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sj11at

He concludes: http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2014/12/tekken-7-producer-removing-lucky-chloe-from-us-release-following-complaints/

Quote:
“I'm always serious. If you don't need = I don't release them. If you need = I'll release. That's all.”

It's a good a response. It calls out the censorial nature of people who care about social justice.

mdo7 wrote:
I would treat neogaf like 2-chan and should not be found credible.

2ch is pretty reliable. Insiders post there. I would treat NeoGaf just like Kotaku and all the Gawker owned services and most news outlets.

Last edited by configspace on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4