• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Durarara!!×2 (TV)

Genres:
Themes:

Animated Preview (English subs):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UsSDzPso2hA
----------------------------------

I am highly anticipating this upcoming sequel as I've enjoyed the first season and some of the spinoff manga series. Apparently, the series is confirmed to be a split 3 cour with the first cour airing in January as part of the Winter Lineup.

The PV looks great so far and I can't wait to see some of my favorite characters soon such as Celty. I hope they adapt all the novels tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

spoiler[Pretty solid episode overall with good balance of comedy and slight action. Both theme songs are nice and it was great to see Celty back along with a badass horse.]

I hope we get to see spoiler[a lot of her this season as the police are still after all Wink]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
After so long it's finally baaack!!
spoiler[Celty being chased]... again ^^
Damn, how I missed this anime!
So life is same old-same old in Ikebukuro.
That spoiler[Yuhei seems like an interesting guy.]
Damn, this anime is never boring!
Totally watching it.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I only wish that the real Ikebukuro was as exciting and interesting as it is in Durarara!!. Don't get me wrong, I do like the real Ikebukuro.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
^ I also liked Ikebu. :'D

AT LONG LAST IT HAS ARRIVED.

I'm so tempted but since I watched this whole show with a friend, I feel that watching this first ep without him would be a betrayal. Anime hyper

I'll have to wait a little.....Mad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

I knew straight away that spoiler[the hang glider was a fake, Celty will intimidate, but a getaway so obvious is not her style]. My favourite part of the episode would be when she spoiler[met the film crew and she shook off criticism by showing her horse].
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:56 am Reply with quote
That was certainly an enjoyable first episode though I struggled to rummage around my brain to remember what happened at the end of the first series as it has been a while since my last watch. In hindsight I should have watched it before this episode... ah well.

I loved the amount of screen time Cety was given as I find her character the most interesting though I look forward to catching up with Mikado and seeing what's in store for him this series - possibly revolving around spoiler[Kida's return and/or getting involved with secrets the underclassman has?]

Not too much was given away but my guess is that the spoiler[serial killer] will be a focus, probably through the first arc similar to Saika - could we see spoiler[Saika vs Hollywood to settle who is the most badass?]

Hopefully with the next episode we are given more of an idea of what direction this serious or part of it is taking.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Pretty fun episode overall. spoiler[That class introduction was comedy gold while there were not one but two kisses from the latest episode!] No but seriously, those spoiler[two sisters] are quite something.

As usual, spoiler[Celty's moments never cease to amuse me. Not only that but I also just love the way the online conversations are done in DRRR style.]
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Ohhhh episode 2 was kinda all over the place.

First relying on a 4th wall breaking narrator is something that should only be done as a last resort, when a situation is impossible to explain otherwise. But here they used it for no reason, nothing was complicated.

Then there the lesbian incest twin sister, which the show seems to be playing straight, as in we're supposed to be interested in them. But it's hard to see them as anything but a joke. Hopefully they'll just fade into the background, but I doubt it.

But I do rather like the guy with blue hair, I guess he's there to replace Kida.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Watching Shizuo snap was every enjoyable.
Even if it was brief, it was still something I missed watching.
That chat room is always somewhat confusing... at least to me.
Celty was being even weirder than usual.
New transfer students & new possible friends at Mikado's school.
Shinra's dad is up to no good again..
Those twins look very interesting.
They are anything but ordinary.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting this tread to be much busier (at least for episode one) as it's a popular series which many seemed excited for.

Another enjoable episode. I'm enjoying the amount of questions that have been opened up in the first 2 episodes alone:

spoiler[who were those guys at the end?
Where's Kida?
Are the twins going to meet Celty to give the money back?
What business does/did alleyway guy have with the sushi shop?
What's Shinra's dad doing meeting with the potentially dangerous guy?
Is he feeding this guy information on Celty?]

Plus a hell of a lot more.

I loved Shinra's commentary on the episode and an appearance from Shizuo is always a pleasantry. Hopefully with the blue haired guy questioning Mikado about his spoiler[association with the Dollars ] Mikado will have a little more relivance or a larger part to play in the story as right now he feels like a background character far far off in the distance.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

But I do rather like the guy with blue hair, I guess he's there to replace Kida.

YOU CAN'T just replace Kida!! DX No, I will not have that.

.............Izaya's sisters are insane. o_O The hyper one scares me.

Celty's reaction to another woman hugging Shinra was priceless though. Anime hyper
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
should I give DRRR another chance?
I never finished the first few episodes of the first season, it seemed to pessimistic.
but some of the other characters seem interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

If feels so easy to compare the twin sisters to the Fire Sisters, the excited one even shares a voice actress with Karen, and their older brother, Izaya, is voiced by the same guy as Koyomi. It makes me think that they have a similar brand of crazy, that they are largely doing whatever they want and don't care about actual barriers, but maybe a villain/troll version of the Araragi siblings. They had to know the attention they get and use it for their own fun.

I get the feeling those girls realised spoiler[that Aoba may be similarly "dangerous"]. I thought that there was more the hint that spoiler[he let those girls write just so he could mess with them by turning them in, which I think is not off from the twins letting it happen so that they could freak them out with the fire]. It was not for spoiler[justice, it was using them for fun and own benefit].
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
should I give DRRR another chance?
I never finished the first few episodes of the first season, it seemed to pessimistic.
but some of the other characters seem interesting.

You could. DRRR is not the easiest show to follow; it's very strange and random at times. It was hard for me to get into as well for the first eps but I stuck with it and ended up liking it a lot by the time it was done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 14