• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
I liked the cute cat.

And the snake bit.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 am Reply with quote
Shorter Sonohara: Help! My boyfriend is no longer acting like a victim!

Celty seems to have a head on her shoulders but she also gets freaked out by odd things.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Durarara x2 Ten episode 6:

That was interesting....We find out more about Ruri's past although I feel bad for her. In fact, she's got a crazy stalker who is obsessed with her.

Glad to see some other important characters like Celty getting involved in this though. And wow that cliffhanger, I hope that stalker pays when Celty finds out about what happened. I got a feeling that she is definitely not going to be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Hijiribe arc continues..
She just can't get rid of that stalker.
That picture... her past.. most interesting.
Just what is she?
spoiler[Kida actually came back!!
Shizuo]
got the short end of the stick..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
Sure, he can beat up a doctor, but just wait until his girlfriend comes home.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Sure, he can beat up a doctor, but just wait until his girlfriend comes home.

She might have to stand in line. Of all the male adult characters ever invented that don't deserve to be beat up he would have to be high on anyone's list. And in this story I think he has a lot of dangerous individuals indebted to him to some degree.

But why was he a target in the first place? I missed the reason.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
But why was he a target in the first place? I missed the reason.

The specifics should be explained soon, but the guy seems like he's real bent on just hurting everything around Ruri. Looked like he wanted to kill the cat, even.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!!×2 Ten episode 7:

Hmm, that got bloody, at least to Mikado's face. I have to say that he is quite courageous at what he did to stand up against that creepy stalker though.

And ah..Izaya spotted at the end. This guy really does know how to get the audience's attention.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Now Izaya can finally get his hotpot party!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:58 am Reply with quote
Izaya not invited to join the team:
"I'm gonna build my own team, with blackjack and strippers. I will have my own forum discussions, gangs, Saika, strong person, stalker, and partial duluhan. And we are totally going to have a hotpot because that is how great friends we will be."

That, is kind of sad. Although all of them in one place is a bit cool.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
The idea that (nearly) invincible monsters are all of sudden in danger and chased by random psycho, partly by request, is ridiculous, not a believable turn of events. (Though there is nothing more laughable than idea that skinny wimpy whiny little kids are gang founders/rulers, and yet viewers must accept that to bear with this project.)

The black haired main lad looks like sociopathic rat -- most of this show's characters are mentally ill people, they need hospitalization, but this lad's visual design adds to the issue.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:08 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
The idea that (nearly) invincible monsters are all of sudden in danger and chased by random psycho, partly by request, is ridiculous, not a believable turn of events. (Though there is nothing more laughable than idea that skinny wimpy whiny little kids are gang founders/rulers, and yet viewers must accept that to bear with this project.)

The black haired main lad looks like sociopathic rat -- most of this show's characters are mentally ill people, they need hospitalization, but this lad's visual design adds to the issue.

I assume you're not a fan of Durarara!!

Anyway, great episode. Ep. 7 was fantastic. Trouble is abrewing in Ikebukuro as Celty's head is awakening. Does Mikado know he's being used? My current assumption is that he knows, but he wants to use those that are using him to accomplish what he wants to do, and more he doesn't care.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Durarara!!×2 Ten episode 8:

Pretty tense episode. As my favorite character Izaya takes the spotlight this week, I am quite happy to see him. Also liked how he turned that conflict around with his own cleverness.

Not too surprising though because Izaya has always had such a cunning mind.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Seems like they're taking the approach of separating the different threads in the novel and giving each their own episode instead of letting them bleed into each other. They also did this with the first episode and that arc in general, so it can work, though I prefer the novel's way as it gives it more tension (Izaya only reveals that the entire thing was his own setup by the end of the book, after being tortured through the entire thing).
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
^ I've not read the novels, but if that's the final climax/punchline of the novel, then they're probably going to look for another one for the final episodes of this season (if not in novel 9, then in novel 10 and that way the last season will only cover the last 3 novels without being too compressed), or treating these last episodes as just buildup for the last season.

I'm mixed about this episode because, by one hand, these two bands weren't particulary memorable or important, so taking them out of the way quick is nice to focus on the main aspect of this episode, which is spoiler[showing Izaya and his new band on action]. However, because it's so compressed, the first half was hard to follow when they were presenting them too fast and you didn't know how much to take from them, and that also made the pacing feel too quick, so scenes like Izaya getting "tortured" weren't very effective. Second half with the resolution was better, although it would have been cool to focus better on the torture aspect to make all the constant twists Izaya throws at them much more impactful. But whatever.

I saw without realizing the preview and spoiler[IZAYA'S PAST??!! CANNOT WAIT! The only novel I've read of Durarara is the first one and spoiler[they describe briefly how Izaya is who he is, but seeing it at the moment can bring much more relatability.]]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 14