• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Durarara!!×2 (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Durarara Ketsu episode 5:

That was awesome. In particular, I thought the chase scene involving Celty and Kujiragi is very well done in both choreography and music. Too bad Shinra had to something get involved in all this.

Nice to see that Chikage still got it in him to fight. He's a character that I find to be hard to read often this season.

Shizuo's involvement at the end also sets up nicely for the next episode. My slight problem about the episode might be the focus of Varona. She's one of my favorites in this show but the narration dragged. She needs some fresh screen time rather than repeat narrative dialogues. I'm happy to see her again though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Kasane made an interesting move.
Shinra turned into a Saika.
Celty totally lost it.
Masaomi was clearly out of his league in that fight.
Interesting episode.]
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I thought this episode was pretty weak, mostly in the execution. I get that Celty can't make any noise when she's in that sort of state, but it completely kills the scene/mood, just like it did in Ten, when she found Shinra beaten bloody. Maybe if they'd instead done the part where she's clearly losing her mind together with her being a black blob I'd feel better about the scene. I don't really worry about Shinra becoming a Saika because that stuff is fueled by deep love. Shinra's gonna be in control of that sword in one day. There's also the issue that Varona won't shut the hell up already and keeps moving in circles. On the plus side, Shizuo and Shooter were a highlight.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Eps 4 and 5:

Loved the fight scene; Durarara's fights are always amazing but since I love both Kida AND Chikage's characters, it was one of the better fights :'D.

.....I think Chikage is freaking immortal.

You done gone and pissed off Celty by kidnapping her boyfriend. D:

Totally on board with the VaronaxShizuo ship. Yes, they're perfect together. I wonder what his reaction would be. Anime hyper
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Why are there so many powerful people around who seem to have no other purpose than to torment Celty? As supernatural beings go she is a very nice girl.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Durarara Ketsu!! episode 6:

Not bad, the dialogue dynamics captured what I had expected this episode ranging from the talk about love to gangs (Dollars/Blue Squares)

Nice buildup overall for the upcoming episodes.
And Izaya still up to his mischievous deed as usual. I look forward to seeing Vorona in action next week with that PV!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedSwirl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I need some advice on catching up with this before starting Ketsu. I'd red up the Wiki but I'm afraid of stumbling into spoilers there at this point.

I've watched it since the beginning but completely lost track of the characters while watching Ten.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
RedSwirl wrote:
I need some advice on catching up with this before starting Ketsu. I'd red up the Wiki but I'm afraid of stumbling into spoilers there at this point.

I've watched it since the beginning but completely lost track of the characters while watching Ten.

The first episode does a really good job of laying everything out on the table, give it a try. Then read Hope's review of the episode, he lays out the groundwork for the season there, too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Durarara!! Ketsu episode 7:

Interesting episode especially regarding Celty being used.

It's good to see Shizuo and Vorona taking action this episode, the latter especially considering how little screen time she's been getting lately. Shizuo and Vorona has such an unique chemistry imo. Izaya is also apparently up to his usual tricks again and that's something that's hard to understand.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Is it just me or is that chat a bit toxic..
Things are going in a weird direction.. again.
Celty turned into a true monster.
Shizuo interfered but with not much luck.
He sure is a monster of his own..]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Shizuo is so pissed he does not even seem angry. That is how much dedication he currently has to flat out kill Izaya, and unless he has one good dirty trick, Izaya is screwed.

Also, apparently Mikoto is to blame ruining big sister stalker's life?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Shizuo is so pissed he does not even seem angry. That is how much dedication he currently has to flat out kill Izaya, and unless he has one good dirty trick, Izaya is screwed.

It was easy to notice that Izaya lost his customary grin when Shizuo failed to rise to his taunting. It could be that Izaya this time has just gone too far and Shizuo wasn't really serious until now.
Quote:
Also, apparently Mikoto is to blame ruining big sister stalker's life?

He seems to have been and will be blamed for a lot of things that he had at best a peripheral role in. There is a bit of mythology around his character that I don't really buy into and at this point I don't think will ever be filled out. If DRRR could be described as any one thing it would be a huge bucket of loose ends.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Awwwwwww.

I wanted Shizuo to carry Varona like a princess. D:

......she probably wouldn't like that. Anime hyper

SHIZU VS. IZAYA. ROUND 3: FIGHT.

*cue the Street Fighter music*
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Durarara Ketsu episode 8:

Wow. A lot happened this episode!

Izaya is still up to his usual mind games while we get more flashbacks and his feud with Shizuo. Varona and Mikage also confronts each other although I wish they pushed the fight in a better direction. Celty also got her head back! I find it weird seeing it but it's still quite a special sight.

Everyone is getting into some sort of fight now and I feel like it's part of fate that their lives are intersecting in this big story. Can't wait for the next one. This was great.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Seeing the preview reminds me why I'm not liking these last episodes as much as everyone else: they have very little Shinra.

This episode has been a step in the right direction, however. We got Dad-Shinra and High-School-Shinra. I look forward to Saika-Shinra in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 13 of 14