• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, it does have plot to spoil. I've already referred to a specific example.

No you didn't. You just said you learned something you didn't want to learn and didn't elaborate. I honestly have no idea what you took issue with because I saw nothing in Plasmaeclipse's post that told me what was for sure going to happen later.

Blood- wrote:
Your reply to that was that we don't know if that detail will make it into the anime. The problem with that immensely stupid line of reasoning is that it can be used to justify posting any and all information from source material since somebody can claim, "look anime adaptations change details all the time - just because this happened in the manga, LN, VN, game, whatever doesn't mean it will happen in the anime." Since nobody except the writers of the show know for sure what material will be kept intact and what won't, I don't want individual posters to "guess."

Not all cases are the same, you know. Obviously if the anime were adapting a specific storyline it's a pretty strong likelihood that the same events will occur. However since this anime is largely an original story where the creators are picking and choosing select elements from the game and the fanon there's really no telling what will make it in. The game has a spoiler[marriage] mechanic, so does that mean we'll see the Admiral spoiler[marry one of the girls?] I highly doubt it.

BTW, from what I've heard a lot of stuff is being taken from fan interpretation (such as Akagi being a big eater and Ooi being super clingy) so if you want to avoid spoilers you'd better stay away from every place where fan works might be.

Blood- wrote:
I am singling you out because I know your position on spoilers in general. You don't give a shit about them. Others, like myself, do. The fact that you personally don't feel the information I learned is important is utterly irrelevant.

Not true. I'm mindful of spoilers like anyone else. However I don't cry over spilled milk, especially when the spoiler is exceptionally minor like a hair style change or something. I do think the "current ep in spoiler tags" thing is moronic because anyone going into a discussion thread without having seen the latest episode only has themselves to blame for being spoiled. Fools should be punished, not pampered.

The only other time I made a stink about spoilers was in regards to talking about Fate/Zero in the UBW thread. Because it should go without saying that if you're watching the 2nd installment of the ufotable Fateverse you should have seen the 1st installment of the ufotable Fateverse.

Blood- wrote:
Rules should be simple. Identify all information gleaned from source material that has not appeared in the anime yet as a source material spoiler so that people like me can avoid unmasking them. This is just simple courtesy and common sense.

Like I said, I agree with you for the most part, but there are limits. We can't be bending over backwards to accomodate everyone when they make a fuss over every tiny thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
No, there aren't limits. To suggest there are is stupid. The only way spoiler rules can work is if they are simple. Please clearly identify ANY information gleaned from source material as a spoiler taken from source material. The second you say, "well, that's true most of the time, but heck use your own judgment as to what's important" you no longer have a simple rule. You have introduced an element of confusion and quite frankly I don't trust other posters to decide for me what may or may not be important FOR ME.

The only reason I made a big deal of it is that Plasmaeclipse did it once, then ignored/didn't see my original request for him to clearly label his source material spoilers and did it again. Clearly, a more strident approach was needed to get through to him.

As for what I considered a spoiler I didn't want to know about it was this:

warning: source material spoiler:

Plasmaeclipse wrote:
spoiler[Huh well I totally misread the tone of the show bye Kisaragi you will be reborn eventually as a demon shark thing because even after sinking Destroyers get the short stick, also because I'm evil BWAHAHAHA ANOTHER SHIP FOR THE ABYSSAL FLEET]

I consider that a pretty important detail. The fact you may not agree completely underscores why I want the source material spoiler tag rule to be a simple as possible - I DON'T WANT SOMEBODY ELSE DECIDING FOR ME WHAT IS AN IMPORTANT REVEAL OR NOT. Ergo ALL reveals should be properly identified.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Yes, that would be a major spoiler and one worth pointing out. But don't worry because from what I've read spoiler[that's just a fan theory.]
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Oh that's what you were talking about the first time I actually didn't know cause I didn't think I posted anything about the source material(the second time was a legitimate mistake on my part it slipped my mind)

This may be spoilers but it may not be I don't know how to label this because it concerns fandom :/ beware spoilers about a fan theory that may be legitimized later?
spoiler[Yeah that's a fan theory nothing in the source material or any canon works I've seen suggests that's a real thing. the anime may legitimize that or it may not I have no clue the reason I didn't label it beyond the spoiler tag is because it isn't real as far as we know so far.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Again, simplicity should rule. Fan theory doesn't need to be spoiler tagged at all - just like real historical data doesn't need to be spoiler tagged. Only source material stuff. If what Plasmaeclipse posted is simply fan speculation than it didn't need to be in spoiler tags at all. Because it was, I assumed it came directly from the game.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you really can spoil KanColle unless you have discrete knowledge of the anime's script. Anyone sinking in the game purely the TTK's fault, and it's not like anything is learned via defeating enemies beyond them maybe having weird quirks. Beyond the scripted lines every girl has, which you can look up and tend not to reveal much beyond the connection to the actual ship, everything else is fan-made. It's not like I can say Nagato is going to be the lone survivor of the larger classes (along with Hibiki of the destroyer classes) and then nuked twice, because no one knows where the show is headed and statements like that are only based off of historical fact.

Anything pertaining to who the Abyssals are or why they're there is still up for debate. The best guess is that they're the culmination of sunken ship's sorrow, or something like that. But it's really just unknown. The game doesn't give out information like that, it's really just about grinding, leveling, and marrying. As far as the anime goes, literally anyone's guess is as good as another, spoiler[speculation on Kisaragi sinking before episode 3 was based on the actual destroyer's demise at Wake Island, but I doubt we'll see 4 important carrier girls go down if they decide to do some kind of Midway episode.] History is really the only guide we can go by for prediction where the show is headed, and that's only if the show clues us into what might be coming up.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Kongou's fun, but in small doses. only so much manic Nao Toyama mangling her Japanese that I can tolerate. super serious Ayane Sakura is amusing.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Kongou's fun, but in small doses. only so much manic Nao Toyama mangling her Japanese that I can tolerate.

Toyama's ANN page wrote:

KanColle (TV) as Atago; Haruna; Hiei; Kirishima; Kongō; Takao
Kinmoza! Kiniro + Mosaic (TV) as Karen Kujō

(sarcasm)I never would have guessed.{/sarcasm}
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:08 am Reply with quote
thank you for pointing out that yes, she does play a character in Kiniro Mosaic.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
You missed the point... when she was squealing, she sounded just like Karen.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

spoiler[Fun episode overall. I just love how Kongou is trying to keep a cherry mood despite the arguments going on, even on the battlefield. I find Kaga's personality to be quite tough as she maintains his composure almost the entirety of this episode, even on the battlefield to show off.]

I'm also somewhat spoiler[surprised by the group's decision for Fubuki this episode too but I think it could work out.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[HAHA finally Fubuki's complete lack of quirks worked in her favor.

Also Destroyer as Flagship impossible? Yuudachi(poi) is mine in game I don't see how it's a problem

AHHH GOD WHY IS OOI PART OF THE FLEET JUST DIE AND GET OUT OF MY MISERY ALREADY Anime cry also how dare you (of all people) get the Chi-Kyuu kill Chi is the superior torpedo cruiser in every way (not the least of which being that she doesn't talk) D< ONE DAY THE CHI-CLASS WILL HAVE ITS REVENGE AND I WILL LAUGH

I'm with ya Fubuki I want to snuggle Kaga too. You might want to watch it on a hot day though]

spoiler[Next week: Destroyer Fleet 6 NANODESU I like the Akatsuki-Class so this is perfectly fine to me. ]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I share you sentiments about Ooi. About the only positive thing I can say about her is that my inner sadist would enjoy seeing her get NTR'd Twisted Evil
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Good thing spoiler[Kongou is still in this], she adds good energy in the show as a character. Was really waiting for Fubuki to just spoiler[get sick of all the bickering and to tell them all just do what they should].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Thank goodness spoiler[Fubuki and Kongou] are still together. I'm not impressed with the rest of the fleet though, too much spoiler[squabbling] for my liking.

spoiler[Fubuki just can't be the Flagship. Anime-wise anything goes, but for any realism at all, it's a ridiculous decision. But, I guess this is Fubuki's tale so let's root for her as much as we can.]

Also I'm hoping that the Abyssals gain some personalities soon, because so far their only tactics are to charge the girls head on with a zombified look about them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 13