• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magi: Adventure of Sinbad (OVA & TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:45 pm Reply with quote

OVA
TV series

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Shounen
Themes: Dungeons, Treasures, Genie

Plot Summary: Tells the story of Sinbad's early life, when he captured the first Dungeon, Baal.
----------------------------------

There are 5 OVA episodes that are out and it's also getting a TV anime adaptation.

I personally thought the OVA episodes were good in particular the first two that really highlights the life of Sinbad. The other episodes showcases his adventures including his journey across worlds and fighting against adversaries while conquering dungeons.

The action, soundtrack, and artwork is decent and I think the adaptation did a good job with showing what Sinbad is capable of in the prequel. Pretty surprised it's also getting a TV adaptation. I'm assuming that they will probably revamp some of the first episodes but there's still a lot of content left so it should be exciting and something to look forward to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
I wasn't a big fan of the OVAs, they felt too rushed and the direction was rather poor, there was no weight in any scene. They also skipped over a lot of stuff. I'm just hoping this new anime will do this manga justice and that it will start from the beginning with spoiler[the story of Sinbad's father]
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
That image portrays Sinbad as a crazed adolescent rather than the intelligent, shrewd adult in the original Magi series. When I heard we were getting a Sinbad OVA, I expected it would be about the adult version. Was I wrong?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
The manga's about him growing up and conquering all those dungeons we only hear about in the main series, so yeah.
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
That's too bad. It eliminates much of my interest in seeing the OVA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1