• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your favorite Christmas Episode / Anime!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which anime features your favorite Christmas episode / is your favorite Christmas anime?
Toradora! Ep 17-19
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Love Hina X’Mas special
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Ranma ½ OVA Ep 2, "Tendo Family Christmas Scramble!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Kimi ni Todoke Ep 22
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Maison Ikkoku Ep 39-40
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo Godfathers
40%
 40%  [ 9 ]
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross Ep 35
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
White Album
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
K-on Ep 7
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Read or Die Ep 10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
School Rumble 2nd Semester episode 19
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Shakugan no Shana Second episode 22
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Minami-ke episode 12
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hayate the Combat Butler episode 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Martian Successor Nadesico Ep 13
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oh My Goddess Season 2 Ep 2-4
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
OreImo Season 2 Ep 14
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
My Little Monster Ep 10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Ep 13 / OVA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
OTHER:... (Man, there are too many!)
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
Yes, it's that time of the year. So which anime Christmas episode gets you the most joy and fuzzy feelings? I haven't checked if there has ever been such a poll, but even if there was it's probably too old anyway Cool

As for my pick, I realize now that I haven't seen a lot, to be honest. I never knew there. Were. SO. MANY! So many that I couldn't include them all in this poll.

Anyway, my favorites are:

Toradora! Ep 17-19: A whole arc with relevant plot, an original Christmas song and Taiga acting like an angel. The spoiler[Santa Bear] scene is heartwarming. Unfortunately spoiler[for Takasu, it ends on a less cheery] note.

Kimi ni Todoke ep 22: Ahhh Sawako is so adorable. She seems to have inherited her father's character and seeing him so enthusiastic spoiler[about spending the day with his family would make anybody feel uncomfortable leaving]. She's invited to a Christmas Party with her friends. spoiler[Unfortunately she misses the party, but] the episode ends on a very sweet note.

So what is/are your favorite(s) and why?
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:30 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Godfathers is simply the best Christmas movie in existence for me. It's all about the selflessness of the season, which isn't always a focus in Xmas movies (if it's American, it's usually family or the magic of santa or something, and if it's Japan, Xmas is a friends thing, not family like the US), Tokyo Godfathers seems to go a different route and it's really damn good. It has both warm fuzzes, character back stories that tug at your heart strings, and it has just the right amount of deus ex machina (it also seems to be aware of the deus ex machina, a plus in this case). But it's also fun to watch and the pacing is just right, it's my go to Xmas movie, anime or otherwise.
SaiyanYasha

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
a friend of mine on Youtube is a huge fan of the ranma 1/2 christmas episode Tendo Family Christmas scramble.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Hello SaiyanYasha. Normally a post made a year and half after the last post would be considered necroposting here. You might want to check out the rule on it (#11). I am going to allow it this time simply because this is the fan poll area and not any sort of official ANN article. But please check out the rule on necroposting and try and avoid doing it in the future. Thank you.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Godfathers by a country mile for me. The Christmas theme actually has a purpose relating to the ordeals faced by our three lead homeless characters and trying to learn more of the abandoned baby's parents and their whereabouts in Tokyo. On top of that, the film establishes a nice balance of comedy and drama throughout its run.

For the most part, I'm not really a really big fan of TV-themed Christmas episodes since they mostly exist as a backdrop to milk the romanticism of the time of year for romance anime or to get comedic shenanigans out of the characters within the series. The one exception to this I would say I had no issues with is R.O.D. the TV's tenth episode since it was plot relevant for fleshing out Nenene and the Paper Sisters, and said fleshing out was a rather heartwarming one at that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1