• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Le Chavalier D'Eon Licensed

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenmei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote
If AI is saying something about it, I guess its worth checking out. Although I've never heard of it. Anyone recommend it?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Shenmei wrote:
Anyone recommend it?

The ratings by other ANN readers are very positive with the average rating being "very good."

I haven't seen it myself, but it's from Production I.,G who have an awesome track record. The premise appears to be very interesting.

Theron reviewed it as part of the Fall Preview and said, "If the early quality of this adult-oriented drama holds throughout then Le Chevalier d’Eon has the potential to be one of the season’s best new series."

-t

Last edited by Tempest on Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Sho-what? I've watched the first couple episodes on *******.com I enjoyed it. Although what's up with the 4 musketeers?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
So what's the whole story on this? Which company will be releasing and who has the dub (assuming there is one)?
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm...surprised. Maybe thunderstruck would be a better term. o_O
flip
Protoculture Addicts Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
It's an excellent show. It reminds me of Rose Of Versailles, with better quality animation, a supernatural twist and some alchemic powers. I wonder who licensed it...

There's a good possibility that we will have an article on this series in PA# 90 (January).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe this was licensed, but I'm delighted that it was.

Perhaps it was snagged by Geneon? Their recent aquisition of Zipang shows that they are willing to take risks and make unexpected, but ultimately rewarding, choices.

It doesn't really matter who, of course, as long we can reap the benefits. I can't wait to buy Vol. 1 Smile
Pyoko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Cool, been waiting for this. Of course I too am very curious as to who actually got it.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:30 pm Reply with quote
im glad its going to come out so fast its a great show.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
seichan80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The first two episodes were very promising, but for me, it leaned towards the bland end afterwards. Animation went down and the characters didn't keep your attention. I guess it still has time to live up to its premise though since it's still airing.

The person who posted might want to check the spelling of the title.
flchick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I do not know your source but I think you may have jumped the gun. This anime was always a co-production between Shochiku and IG as seen on IG's website: http://www.productionig.com/contents/works_sp/44_/s00_/index.html

Looking at some of the 2005/2004 titles offered on Shochiku's website: Funi is releasing SHINOBI, Geneon released LAST QUARTER. CASSHERN is also there but we all know who has that title.

So what has this Japanese company released in the US?
Will they release this show in Japan? Yes just like they released Casshern with english subs. [/url]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
flchick wrote:
I do not know your source but I think you may have jumped the gun. This anime was always a co-production between Shochiku and IG

Shochiku isn't the company that is releasing it. We wrote that it was licensed through Shochiku. In otherwords, Shochiku is the one that sold the license to a North American company.

Shochiku is a Japanese corporation that finances a lot of productions. We've already reported on Shochiku's involvement with Chevalier D'Eon in the past.

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to inform you who licensed the title within the next hour.

We don't report on rumors, if we state it was licensed, it means we know it was licensed.

-t
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:12 pm Reply with quote
It might help if you spell "through" right....
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
It might help if you spell "through" right....

Wow, that's embarrassing. Fixed.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to inform you who licensed the title within the next hour.

We don't report on rumors, if we state it was licensed, it means we know it was licensed.

A few quick things, first off great job ANN for finding out that Le Chevalier D'Eon was licensed in the first place. Secondly I am wondering if it's going to be Manga (entertainment) since I always think about them when I think of I.G. products, but like noted above I could see Geneon taking a stab at this. Lastly to comment on some of things mention in this thread.

Quote:
Although what's up with the 4 musketeers?

Nothing really, it's not like that same musketeers story by Alexander Dumas (Know by anime fans for his work on Count of Monte Cristo). In fact the story has a lot of religious elements in it, (Although so did three Musketeers sort of) but there certainly is a sci-fi element to this show. Actually to be honest this series has the feel of Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo however I am not sure where the story is going to take us yet. Also if your interested in discussion on this anime check out this on-going thread.

Delta

Edit: Just check the site again ADV pick it up......if the dub is like peacemaker I might just go crazy.....

Last edited by Deltakiral on Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4