• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Ghoul Creator: Season 2 Will Be 12 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
Kinda expected this...

Oh well, at least I hope it will have some memorable parts. I would of preferred a 2 cour adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:16 am Reply with quote
We're probably lucky to even get a second season at all, so no complaints from me about a one cour season.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:46 am Reply with quote
1st season: Tokyo Ghoul
2nd season: Tokyo Ghoul √A
3rd season: Tokyo Ghoul B2 (square) ?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:01 am Reply with quote
Is it safe to assume that given the original author will supervise this sequel, we will get a more faithful adaptation to its reference? The first season as we all know, kinda deviated...
xFlintx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:06 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Is it safe to assume that given the original author will supervise this sequel, we will get a more faithful adaptation to its reference? The first season as we all know, kinda deviated...

no because its a anime orginal season
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
xFlintx wrote:

no because its a anime orginal season

I like the way you sound dead serious... Laughing
Well, at any rate, 12 episodes is not that long so I guess I still had some patience left for another run.
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
I'm an anime only watcher (because I don't have time of day to sit down and read manga like I used to). Will season 2 follow the manga, or will it be something completely different?
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
I'm an anime only watcher (because I don't have time of day to sit down and read manga like I used to). Will season 2 follow the manga, or will it be something completely different?
It doesn't follow the manga BUT there's been some talk that it would be an alternative route that ends up in the same place as the manga(whatever that place is). Though I don't know if this is completely true but that's what I've heard.
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
YumeHunter wrote:
yappers4 wrote:
It doesn't follow the manga BUT there's been some talk that it would be an alternative route that ends up in the same place as the manga(whatever that place is). Though I don't know if this is completely true but that's what I've heard.

I don't mind if an anime change or add something that wasn't in the manga (I believe it usually turns out that way because there aren't enough space in the manga to include such things) but being an anime only watcher now, I guess I'll just take Tokyo Ghoul for what it is.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
YumeHunter wrote:

By not following the manga, I hope they are able to give it some semblance of a conclusion. That's all I ask for with this second season. I was pretty disappointed when I found out the first season was only 12 episodes, but if they manage to give us some closure with another 12 episode season I will be happy.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga after season 1 ended, and an anime original season would be greatly appreciated by me. I felt the majority of the characters were never properly developed, some of them (the character I expected great things from) were never really utilized and just really strung along after a short focus on them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1