• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Death Parade (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Overall, a nice end to the series and spoiler[the door is ajar to the possibility of a sequel. ]

It's surprising how Oculus was actually proven right when Decim spoiler[with his emotions forced the same decision that Ginti without emotions did for Mayu. Big difference of course is the final decision made by Chiyuki based on her 3 months interning at QuinDecim. ]

It seems the showdown between spoiler[ Nona and Oculus may have to wait for a hypothetical second series. Oculus did raise a very good point that objectivity in judgements precludes emotions, which was itself countered by Nona's criticism of the arbitrary nature of the judgement system as it stood (which many users here have been harping on about since the start of the series)
]

Castra without the mask, different impression than with it on. As usual Nona's little group get away with quite a bit so long as their backer stays out of trouble.

The final image in the OP is now clear to all, a very nice touch too.

The series is being released in one big box this June, so sales of that will determine whether or not we will see Decim and his colleagues again in the future.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Man, that was emotional, it really got to me. From the dialogue I was thinking that Nona was going to the conclusion that spoiler[even if only arbiters could judge humans, perhaps Arbiters needed themselves to be judged by humans]. The arbiters might be finding spoiler[out bad parts, but they are also creating bad parts because they have no idea how much pain they are causing].

A nice series, some really interesting ideas that had me enjoying many of the different stories and the moral calamity connected to them. I want to add that I was initially turned off by the OP song since it felt so unfitting to the series, but I ended up liking it quite a bit, I think it has something about life in it.

I rate it Good, I might have felt a little of making it higher, but saying this was a solid 7 seems to feel right, perhaps because with so many different stories leading the show, the main one was a bit hard to see as the driving force. Still was a good watch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Well this is the third Excellent rating I've been able to give in the last few days (Yona of the Dawn and Parasyte - the maxim being the other two). Really loved this series a ton. I had been dubious that an entire series could be satisfyingly built from the short "Death Billiards" but I was very much proven wrong. A lot of interesting ideas and really poignant moments plus lovely visuals. I'd definitely be up for another round.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Yup, this got an Excellent rating from me too. Loved the raw emotions, stellar voices, music, ideas. Really glad this didn't turn out to be episodic, it's quite a cohesive story.

That opening theme is too catchy. It's like Uptown Funk, impossible to get out of your head. That is a compliment by the way.
Misibe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:20 am Reply with quote
I actually really like how spoiler[the opening theme is kind of misleading].
Anyway. Lots of emotions, beautiful animation, a fitting end to a fun ride. I think that since spoiler[some issues haven't really been fully resolved, there is potential for a sequel. We'll see].
I also found it interesting that spoiler[Ginti's cat seemingly ran away. Was it mad at him for what he did to the two lovebirds?]
The scene where spoiler[Decim tests Chiyuki was amazingly well done. I was on the edge of my seat when she was about to press that button].
In my opinion, one of the best shows this season.
StepniEzBeth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
It was ok up till the last episode when Chiyuki ruined Decim ;( . It was generally ok but it could've also been better , it was good Cus I watched all and I would recommend to any one
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:11 am Reply with quote
Uber late to the party here. This was the only series that really caught my attention when the announcement of the previous season came out, and then since I was off anime for a few months never got to watch it with everyone else. I am just reading up comments as I go.

So far (ep 6) this has been a really great watch! Definitely did not disappoint. A good mix of tears and laughs in some of the episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8