• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Eater's Ohkubo Plans to Announce New Series in 2015

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
I doubt it will be a sequel but whatever it is, I'm kinda interested in it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
Soul Eater....*insert blank*!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:45 am Reply with quote
Soul Eater 4-koma forthcoming?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
I've only read the first 5 volumes of Soul Eater, and the first 2 volumes of Soul Eater NOT, but I've seen the anime of both. I imagine it won't be related to Soul Eater, I think he'd rather start a new series. I'm looking forward to seeing what it is!
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:39 am Reply with quote
Deep inside I'm hoping for a Soul Eater sequel, but I'd be a-okay with a new series.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Be it a sequel to Soul Eater or a new series altogether, I'm excited to find out what that title is! Smile
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
I hope it's not a Soul Eater sequel or spin off or something. It would really feel like he's running out of ideas if his new series is just that.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in what the new series will be about. I was a longtime fan of Soul Eater and, while I'm disappointed in how the manga ended, I'm still curious as to what new idea Ohkubo could possibly have.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
Z-Raid wrote:
I hope it's not a Soul Eater sequel or spin off or something. It would really feel like he's running out of ideas if his new series is just that.

Nonetheless, I'm interested in what the new series will be about. I was a longtime fan of Soul Eater and, while I'm disappointed in how the manga ended, I'm still curious as to what new idea Ohkubo could possibly have.

which is probably why it'll be a short sequel like NOT!

cause of how soul eater ended which killed it for a lot of people,it'll probably be a no brainer for it to have one. the only thing missing is an anime remake where its more faithful towards the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Hmmm...I'm doubtful that this new series will have anything to do with Soul Eater at all. It might come off as rude stating this, but after 113 chapters and NOT it almost felt like Ohkubo was starting to get kind of tired of Soul Eater...

The man has great ideas (execution is debatable), so I'm hoping that he'd be willing to do more than just more SE stuff. I wouldn't want him to be a one-hit wonder after all.

Or it could also be a re-release of his first published series, B.Ichi. I'm kind of betting on that one.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Soul Eater NOT TOO--Let's Eat Souls Again! Razz

No? I want more Maka! But I'm curious about what he's got up his sleeve, as long as it's more shounen action adventure and not moe SoL. But even his moe SoL wasn't typical moe SoL.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed SE Not, though, I'm a fan of that & all kinds of SoL.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
"Black Star Chronicles"
Or else nothing related to Soul Eater. Smile
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Soul Eater is his defining work so far, but hopefully he comes out with a good one for 2015. Sometimes it's hard to surpass your biggest one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'll keep my eyes peeled, since regardless of what he writes I still like his art style...actually scratch that, DO NOT RETREAD ANYTHING SE RELATED.
Jacqui Gawne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
I really hope that the new series that Atsushi Ohkubo is making this year will be a new season of the Soul Eater anime which will follow the plot of the manga. I've only just started becoming a Soul Eater fan (seen anime, read first 6 volumes of manga) and am very desperate to know more about what he's up to. Let's hope for Soul Eater. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2