• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Absolute Duo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Hehe, what a fun episode. Lots of great reaction faces.

Bunkbed Julie is watching you masturbate~
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Bunkbed Julie is watching you masturbate~

If they absolutely have to have Tor play the honorable/chaste male character in this situation with the cluelessly provocative Julie I think he is actually doing reasonably well. He isn't either going all nosebleed pervy or spazzing out all the time, and he can calmly have tea with Julie while she is wearing nothing but a loosely buttoned shirt.

It is sort of dumb for Hotaka and Tomoe to spy on Tor and Julie at the mall for "illicit sexual activity." If they wanted to they could be doing it every night in bed in complete privacy so what difference does it make what they do at the mall?

But it was nice to see Tor show a more than a little backbone to Lilith, who is obviously used to getting her way. Unfortunately that's going backfire because now she will want him even more. He should have continued to deflect her since even if school rules didn't apply to her they did apply to him. Who ended up running 4km laps?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
great, now even malls aren't safe from roaming bands of sketchy guys who just want to have a little bit of harmless fun with single girls but will get extremely angry should you brush them of.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, you didn't know? There's actually a fund created by the Japanese government to hire roaming bands of sketchy guys to create perilous situations for girls so guys can come to their rescue. It's part of their effort to raise the birth rate.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
great, now even malls aren't safe from roaming bands of sketchy guys who just want to have a little bit of harmless fun with single girls but will get extremely angry should you brush them of.

Lol, exactly my thought, it was such a cliché to almost humorous effect.

Episode 4

Nja. Anime catgrin
I can't help but find various parts strangely charming, kind of cliché for the spoiler[suddenly drunk thing] but the way it was handled was funny. As was her getting spoiler[swept away by kindergarteners].

Also the teacher is really funny, and if you are going to have a crazy over cutesy acting teacher, you might as well make them insane in other ways. And yay for straight out spoiler[telling English girl "no".]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

After watching this episode, I have to say that Julie is probably the cutest thing I've seen all winter... She's just absolutely adorable. The faces she makes and especially when she's spoiler[drunk]... Nja?

I'm glad Tor told that spoiler[English brat Lilith "No!". She's going to have to learn that she can't have everything she wants, even if she's got a pretty awesome rifle blaze.]

I agree with you about the guys in the mall. Terribly cliché'd even if it was slightly funny. And finally... spoiler[Tsukimi's] back! I just love the way she changes from super sweet to evil bitch line by line.

Tor!...

Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
I'm watching this show but I have no opinion on it whatsoever- Which isn't surprising since it's a melding of characters like Nui from Kill la Kill and Mashiro from Pet Girl {..yeah, I know why...}
in a plot and situation that screams "We're a light novel and proud of our unoriginality."

It all cancels out, I think. It's entertaining but it doesn't seem to be entertaining in the right way. It's one of those shows that I'll watch if I remember it's still being shown.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Idk why but spoiler[I kinda feel bad for Lilith. It should of been painfully obvious to her that Tooru would not choose her as he already made his decision with Julie. At least she genuinely enjoyed that date?]

And anyways, spoiler[we'll probably see her full power soon considering her Blaze is a powerhouse.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Swimsuits! Hotaka! Oh yeah!

Ahem... A nice little episode where Lilith once again tries to get Tor to become her spoiler[Duo by dragging him on a "Date" to an Amusement Park.] Tor's already said spoiler[no] once, but she's totally blinded by his irregularity that she just won't accept it. He's in spoiler[camp Julie]... Get over it girl.

I don't dislike Lilith, as up until 95% of the episode I was warming to her. But now I really hope that spoiler[Tor/ Julie hand her ass to her next episode.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
She definitely needs some humbling, though it's not that I don't understand why she's like that.

Come to think of it, we're five episodes in and only one girl has romantic interest in Tor. What kind of harem anime is this!?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I have not seen mascots that "cute" since Kampfer. Japanese spoiler[Disneyland] is weird.

And I think Miyabi might like him too, or at least she likes the attention despite what seems to usually be uncomfortable around guys.

And I continue to find the teacher funny when she is unreasonable.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
Plus anyone who thinks Lilith isn't going to be part of the harem doesn't understand how harems work.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:12 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And I think Miyabi might like him too, or at least she likes the attention despite what seems to usually be uncomfortable around guys.

That's the one girl I'm talking about, actually. Julie has said she sees Tor like a father and her attitude towards him is mostly in line with that.

Obviously I know how things will turn out later, and my comment was made mostly in jest. Still, in a lot of shows by this point the main guy will be quite the heart throb already.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:19 am Reply with quote
This series is packed to the rafters with everything I hate, and yet...I don't hate this. I don't understand it. Confused

Julie spoiler[swims like Rei.] Smile

Is it just me or is Tor's head here really tiny? Maybe it's just an optical illusion caused by his enormous suit?
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
So I decided to catch up to this show. It's kind of what I expected, except for Kirito's VA. He adds a pinch of badassery to Tooru's character.

Episode 7

Damn, Julie you can't eat sausages so suggestively.

So... was Julie wearing spoiler[any panties when Imari's gang attacked them? They seemed to hint that she wasn't. Was she going commando the whole time? And I have no idea why she would offer her panties to Tooru, but it was funny.]

spoiler[Now. Level 3? I thought they were level 2? Did I miss something? Or did they just skip the power up?]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7