• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Absolute Duo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
So... was Julie wearing spoiler[any panties when Imari's gang attacked them? They seemed to hint that she wasn't. Was she going commando the whole time? And I have no idea why she would offer her panties to Tooru, but it was funny.]

She was spoiler[commando the whole time. Notice at first she only used one of her swords because her other hand was holding down her skirt. She gave an extra pair of panties to Tor for him to hold onto in case something like that happened again.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
spoiler[She gave an extra pair of panties to Tor for him to hold onto in case something like that happened again.]

Ugh. I'm a dum-dum. I tend to watch these kind of shows with my brains mostly turned off. Looking at that scene again, it is perfectly obvious. Embarassed
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
That spoiler[red swimsuit though...]

Not going to lie, spoiler[Lilith looked hot in the latest episode]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I can't help but laugh when their teacher and by extension school are kind of spoiler[magnificent bastards in forcing them to swim like that]. Plus the guy doing random flexing poses is humouring me too.

Nice to see the spoiler[students that were defeated at the opening ceremony were able to continue on by taking an alternative program]. Also Lilith and Julie seem to have spoiler[kind of start to become friends, which is kind of good for them]. Which has me think that so far I kind of like Hotaka as she has visibly the biggest attraction to him, and does seem to be growing as a character. Awakening my grievance that these stories have to almost always give the couple title to the main duo instead of something more fitting.

Also, feels like it is all training camps recently, there was also one in World Break.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Awakening my grievance that these stories have to almost always give the couple title to the main duo instead of something more fitting.

I see it as exactly that. Tor is perfectly loyal to Julie and perfectly friendly with Lilith and Hotoka. Probably the only thing that separates him from a generic male harem lead is his willingness to fight the girls (even Julie) as equals and knock them out if he can. That sets up his personality to be more poised than usual in this role even when he encounters girl body parts or underwear.

Other than that, this story has gone 99% generic for its type.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

I wasn't very keen on Lilith at first, but she's moved into okay territory now. It was a fun episode in whole. I had an inclin that one of the spoiler[ninjas' was Imari after noticing that I'd seen that Sword Blaze] somewhere before, so it's good to see that they weren't spoiler[kicked out permanently.]

I kinda feel bad for spoiler[Hotaka] bringing herself down all the time and I'm glad that she's been recognised for helping out spoiler[Tomoe]. Next week looks certain to be another spoiler[swimsuit episode], so let's hope that the series still has enough time to finish strongly.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Well, this episode just took a flying leap off the fan service cliff. I don't think they missed a single trope. And I've had about all of Miyabi that I can take (didn't like her when her name was Yuuri in Blue Spring Ride either). I was so hoping spoiler[that wasn't his imagination] there on the beach.

Looks like next week they'll tone it down a bit in favor of the action.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 8 (that many already?)

I for one am happy that a spoiler[character of that archetype actually spit it out and confess]. The amount of times that sort of scene has spoiler[happened only for a fake out had me worried]. Unfortunately he spoiler[is broken a little so he could not follow through due to fear].

A couple funny comments on spoiler[muscle god and commenting on the teacher's outfit].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
I don't think spoiler[Rito (bunny sensei)] is part of that harem though. I mean, not genuine ..

As for the latest episode, it was funny considering that spoiler[Toru had to adapt with what he is seeing. And of course, Julie's lack of common sense puts him in a compromising position for at least two times, including the first 60 seconds of the episode. Lilith on the other hand is full aware of what she is doing Wink]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I for one am happy that a spoiler[character of that archetype actually spit it out and confess].

I too am glad that she spoiler[managed to spit it out.] I was a little a surprised actually. However even though Miyabi is sweet and all, I still don't find there to be much to like about her. Not that I dislike her though. Besides, I just don't think she's a good match for Tor.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to be too down on Miyabi because the flags sure seem to indicate spoiler[she's going to die pretty soon], and then I would look like a total dick.

That said, I really, really, wish anime would get over its joy of spoiler[machine-gunning high school students]. I mean, I don't not understand the impulse, but it just comes across as lazy.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

spoiler[Tor], you complete and utter idiot! Argh!

The fanservice throughout the episode was very enjoyable and pretty much covered all the bases. It felt more like an OVA at the end of the series rather than the middle. Tsukimi looked real cute in her corset swimsuit, but Tomoe just about topped it.

I really like spoiler[Miyabi] and am actually pretty emotionally angry that spoiler[Tor refused her on the beach for being "...too weak...". Whilst I understand that the waves brought back unkind memories, you chase after her idiot.] Mini rant over...

I'm predicting that spoiler[Miyabi will probably be captured by the soldiers and that main blonde guy is the guy from Tor's nightmare's.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 8The fanservice throughout the episode was very enjoyable ...

You know I like ice cream. I just had some a few minutes ago. However I am pretty sure I would never want to eat 8 liters of it in one sitting.

I don't recall seen in any anime ever a fan service episode that dense. It was like someone said "ok we have to do the required beach episode now so lets show everyone how its done and blow all the doors and windows out of the building."

As for the Hotoka thing: I'm glad spoiler[that's over with]. I agree the spoiler[excuse] was totally lame though.

One good lol line: "No-filter Professor Bunbun." I kind of like that.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
I too was surprised that Miyaboobs was able to spoiler[spit out a confession] - good for you, girl! She's my fave because tits.

Totally agree with Yttrbio's point above: there's just no excuse for having a scene of highschoolers spoiler[being machine gunned]. And unlike Cross Ange, these spoiler[redshirts will not be revived (unless we find out next time that it was a fake out and those aren't real bullets or something).]

I liked Tor's beach/bitch mode burn.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Well they could have spoiler[been Blaze guns]. But the headmistress was spoiler[specifically mentioning that she was sacrificing students to protect her own hide by acting as bate]. So it could be more on the questionable morals that have had a part since the first episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7