• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Absolute Duo (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Following on from last week, the fight for the 'spoiler[Island Training camp'] continues with all the spoiler[main characters fending themselves against the Rebel troops]. I'm going to make a presumption that they are using spoiler[tranquilliser or rubber rounds on the students] as Sara explains that "spoiler[There have been no casualties."] That is until spoiler[Tsukimi] gets free reign of her blaze powers and goes to town with the soldiers.

So, yeah... Tsukimi was pretty darn awesome this episode. Her spoiler[Ouroboros blade blaze reminded me of Ivy's fighting style] from the Soul Calibur series. Ouroboros being rightly depicted as a ring blade due to it being a symbol of a serpent eating it's own tail.

The scuffle between spoiler[Tor, Julie and 'K'] was decent enough. The duo was clearly outmatched until spoiler[Julie initiated 'God mode',] though that only lasted a little while. I still think its comical that the spoiler[Villan would 'flee' the scene as Tor and Julie] were totally defeated instead of finishing them off.

I was saddened by the lack of spoiler[Miyabi], which turned to pity after we found out that spoiler[she had 'joined' with the rebels to get stronger for Tor]... Like that's ever helped anyone in the past.

So yeah... Good episode!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I think the latest episode is the best one of Absolute Duo's season so far. I wonder if we will learn even more about Julie soon. She went spoiler[dark there for a minute there....]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I think the latest episode is the best one of Absolute Duo's season so far. I wonder if we will learn even more about Julie soon. She went spoiler[dark there for a minute there....]

Did you watch after the credits?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:09 am Reply with quote
Well it became pretty clear when the spoiler[guy ran away that Miyabi was what they were really after, I guess they were after the brute force she can use.] Was waiting for someone to go spoiler[into rage mode, looks like Julie can do it, but it hurts herself].

Another episode to make the teacher more likable.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:01 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
spoiler[into rage mode, looks like Julie can do it, but it hurts herself].

Was it Julie's doing? Because I remember spoiler[like a closeup of her foot showing something was attached to it.]

Okay so it may have just been part of her outfit. A buckle? A fastener? What ever you call that thing. It just stands out for some reason. So Julie is just badass.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I must get stronger! So I can protect everyone!

::hands him get-stronger potion::

Oh, uh... hey, no, no, I'm good, leveling up is overrated anyway.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
drugs are bad.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
There are, of course, different kinds of strength, some more worth it than others. Tor isn't desperate enough to blindly accept power that might be bad.

Miyabi on the other hand...
TRNielson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Just finished episode 11. Only have one question:

Is the next episode really the end of the series, or are we getting a season 2?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:50 pm Reply with quote
correct, only 12 ep.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
I do really feel like Miyabi is my favourite character in the series. She might be heavily used for fanservice, match the moe need to be protected character traits, and some might say gspoiler[one a bit yandere here], but I really have enjoyed her character. From the episode we saw Miyabi was frustrated by the need to be protected, and spoiler[although she got tricked into something], I could see where the insecurity was coming from. I like a good crazy from being corrupted story, so this was alright.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I just now started watching this series. About to check out episode 4 while I eat dinner. Loving it already. I am a sucker for cute little romance stories, but I love it when there is action involved too. The first two episodes were a bit slow, but it looks like things are picking up now. Wait for me to catch up! haha.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
"Tor, how can you be looking at other people when I'm over here twirling my tits like a drum major?!" Evil or Very Mad
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:44 am Reply with quote
All caught up now. Just need to wait for episode twelve. I really hope the series continues on after 12, but it looks like they are setting it up for a big ending there. Hopefully just an ending to this season. Apparently both the Light Novel and Manga series are still going so I know there are more stories to tell haha.

I just wonder if Miyabi spoiler[is simply going to be forgiven since she was able to break the unit's control with the help of Tomoe. I hope there is some sort of follow up repercussion and it isn't going to simply be back to the same ole same ole. Not that I want her gone or killed, but something to atone herself other than simply telling people she's "sorry."]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Yamstarch wrote:
I just wonder if Miyabi spoiler[is simply going to be forgiven since she was able to break the unit's control with the help of Tomoe.]

Most likely. spoiler[She was a victim. It wasn't exactly her fault since she was "brainwashed". I sort of understood that gem looking thing was somehow dominating her mind. She will probably blame herself so self-blame will be her punishment. Perhaps she could have prevented this if she wasn't so naive.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7