• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Testament of Sister New Devil (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Vaisaga

I assume you are watching the Japanese Blurays. Or did someone stealth out a North American release when I wasn't looking?

Nope. Piracy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I think I know where the producers poured their budget into for the second season Laughing

At least Kurumi (my favorite character of the show) remains relevant despite her being a bit of the victim for this week's episode. That four legged race got pretty lewd...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
^ Actually it didn't. I have a pretty low opinion of anime that has to force its fan service in by painting it with the imagination of one of the characters which they did in that case. Even worse that character wasn't even in the scene. Lame.

Basara: no worries dude a band-aid will fix that.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

See my comment on the OVA, I had no concern that Hasegawa was not out to hurt him, and seems like I might indeed have been right about her being an angel, although it might be that they are called gods instead. It was good that Basara figured out the real bad guy, but, although a little slower.

By the point the clothes dissolved it became clear that such a thing could only come from the mind of Maria. Too little screen time.

I really hope vampire kid, Tachibana, stays around. He is totally Gasper.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:48 am Reply with quote
I'm also under the impression that Hasegawa might be Basara's mother.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
I'm also under the impression that Hasegawa might be Basara's mother.

That would be wrong on so many levels after the OVA.

Maria under house arrest makes me rather unhappy, but at least her erotic imagination doesn't know no bounds.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Heh, so Chisato knew more than she let on....kinda expected her to dominate after going through that transformation.

The episode was pretty dull, felt more like a buildup as I think Mio is preparing to go to the Demon Realm. Expecting some battles to come from that place though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
You know, it's kinda hard to take Basara's claims of family completely serious considering how often he has not-sex with them.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You know, it's kinda hard to take Basara's claims of family completely serious considering how often he has not-sex with them.

They can be the anime version of the Lannister family Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The episode was pretty dull, felt more like a buildup as I think Mio is preparing to go to the Demon Realm. Expecting some battles to come from that place though.

Felt like more politics than I would have expected from this show, and really not why people would watch it.

So was that Maria's elder sister, sure there is some resemblance to Maria and their mother, but also some differences. And what was meant by "mother of you both" said by Hasegawa? Was that a translation error, implication that Basara and Mio might actually be half siblings, or am I reading it wrong?

The stomp fight was nice to watch.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Maria and Kurumi in the same episode? Guh... the waiting...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or does Kurumi's mom looks pretty much exactly like her?

Kurumi getting the lewd treatment again.
She's being in that spotlight for the second season more than I had expected.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
That look Mio gave Basara after he returned from giving Kurumi and Maria their 'punishment' was so "I know what you were doing in there..."

It was good to see the returning characters again. Shella is exactly like Maria in the lewdness department and Zest is just simply great!

Hopefully we'll start building some serious plot in the coming episodes now that Basara and Ramsus are about to 'talk'.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
That look Mio gave Basara after he returned from giving Kurumi and Maria their 'punishment' was so "I know what you were doing in there..."

And we didn't get to see enough of it.

They did sort of chicken out by letting them keep their underwear on.

And Basra sure seems to have a lot of pseudo-sex with girls he calls his "family."
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy Wrote:
Quote:
Basra sure seems to have a lot of pseudo-sex with girls he calls his "family."

I think it is not "Pseudo" anything, it is real sex. Granted it is not the traditional "wham, bam, thank you mam". However, the girls, at least, are reaching climax. I think that is enough to call it a completed sex act. I suspect many women would kill for a boyfriend with his skills and willingness to use them. Also, while it is not shown, I assume he is getting relief somewhere (or has a world class case of blue balls). I just hope they are not leaving him to wring it out himself. That would be too lonely.

Technically, they have never been family. There is neither blood or marriage relationship here. However, that is a rather small minded definition of family. I would consider any group of people living together and emotionally dependent on each other to be family. In that sense, they are a stronger family than a lot of people who are blood related but don't like each other very much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7