• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Testament of Sister New Devil (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
God lord, Mio may want to consider wearing diapers. That was a daunting amount of love juice. She reminds me of the band manager in Detroit Metal City who is given to saying things like, "I'm so wet that fish could live in my panties!"
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
"Sharing in the embarrassment".

Yikes, it's Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero all over again! Shocked
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Is it just me or is the steam getting thinner each week, I'm sure I could see through most of it... not that I was looking or anything...

Pretty good episode, its starting to show much more potential with the last few minutes. The fan-service was great and I don't think spoiler[Basara is going to argue with a breast wash from Mio.]Maria is still delightfully brilliant in playing the two along, she really knows what to say to get Mio to do anything. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Not bad, fanservice is generally sitting in a good place that would be nicely raunchy when steam goes away, and there is more happening. A lot of what happens is what you get for having a succubus.

Feels a little too obvious that the spoiler[classmate is the guy wearing a mask, it was being far from subtle that he is secretly evil]. Nurse is clearly not spoiler[normal either], and I would almost guess that she actually knows the above information.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

A fan service free episode and in my view, clearly the best so far. We learnt about spoiler[Basara and Yuuki's past and why he was seen as damaged goods/reluctant to use his power.]

The action sequences were quite good and finished with spoiler[Basara succesfully unlocking his "damaged" technique to save Mio from destroying everything.] In a way, that scene kind of felt like it should be from the last episode in the series.

It was pretty obvious that the spoiler[masked villain was the classmate] and I'm glad that Basara cottoned on to that pretty quickly. Did anyone else hear The Doctor's Tardis sfx on the end roof scene? I was expecting the blue box to appear at any second.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
The action sequences were quite good and finished with spoiler[Basara succesfully unlocking his "damaged" technique to save Mio from destroying everything.] In a way, that scene kind of felt like it should be from the last episode in the series.

I know it is pretty much de rigueur for this kind of anime, but I always feel a sense of frustration when the hero is spoiler[severely wounded to the point of needing the ER and then without any time to recover gets up and outputs more energy than ever before to defeat the enemy. Because he is determined.] And Basara did it twice this episode.
Zethus_Thorne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
This show is a High School DxD wanna-be. Ever since DxD, there have been imitators but none of them proved worthy.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Did anyone else hear The Doctor's Tardis sfx on the end roof scene? I was expecting the blue box to appear at any second.

Yeah I heard that too, had me kind of expecting to see a police box. A really strange choice of special effect.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

The troubles of living with a succubus. Indeed most of the fanservice was Maria's doing, so her getting carried away to be punished is fitting.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

... Is it out yet? I couldn't really tell from the large clouds of steam covering every shot. Seriously, Basara may not have the riches to live a life of luxury, but surely he can afford a plumber to fix the leaks.

So, yeah. Maria is still great, and we had some new Demon's/ Hero's half-introduced to us... But that's about all I got from the episode.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

A very spoiler[action-heavy] orientated episode which was to be expected after last weeks ending.

Yeah, I quite enjoyed it but have no real talking points to take from it. It was pretty obvious that spoiler[Yuuki would join the fray at some point to defend Basara, but her forced departure with the Hero clan later may bring up some issues down the line.]

Next week's episode sounds a cracker for any spoiler[Maria] fan's out there, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Okay? It didn't take much for spoiler[Kurumi to change sides.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Okay? It didn't take much for spoiler[Kurumi to change sides.]

I guess all spoiler[she needed was to realise the extent that he still cares about her despite being opposing sides].

Some really nice action this episode. I particularly really liked that bit when spoiler[he spun around really quickly], it was badass.

Next episode is called "spoiler[Erotic Succubus Out of Control]", while kind of spoiler[wacky music plays], I think we have an idea of what it will be like. To that I can only say, "yes". In saying that I kind of imagine that one facial expression of Koro-sensei which was described as "spoiler[horrible adult]".
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Oh boy, what have I just watched...

I don't know about anyone else's opinion, but while the Master- Servant pact does have it's fan service quirks, I just felt a little uneasy seeing it in action and now spoiler[Yuuki wants to go through the process too].
I think it's the fact that spoiler[Basara didn't have a second thoughts with fondling Mio] in the girls changing room. There's just no question of "Is this right?" anymore.

Maria is still the best damn thing in this show by a country mile. I just totally love her Succubus ways and deviancy... spoiler["Oh, I'm going to be in so much trouble if caught... So I may as well go all out then."]

The spoiler[shower scene was great and Mio (She can't half moan)] did look smoking in her swimsuit, but yeah, it probably sounded like I was watching 'something' worse than actually happened.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I expected something more extreme since the title, not that a largely Maria episode went astray, I just wanted to see her go really out of control. I did have expectations of how spoiler[he might use that shower head], but by the sounds of it we merely missed out on it. Also it appears that Maria has spoiler[a sex sense], that is nice to know.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7