• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Testament of Sister New Devil (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

So Succubi solve things the same way, although I can't quite see where it fits into as punishment. But it is probably karma for what she has done to others. Good to see Shella again. Also he calls Maria his younger sister, but she is elder than him, right?

I never really thought about how uncomfortable it would be for Basara if he was not relieved, but I guess they don't delve into that to make not come across as seedy. There has always been full on orgasms, it already breaks conventions.

So is the villain the Mio's supposed uncle, or a strategist who might want a rule he can manipulate?
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Hoo boy! That episode had a bit of everything and though it did feel a little rushed, they really crammed it full of goodness.

Shella: "Basara... I want you to form a Master/slave pact with Zest... Because... Plot!"
Basara, after staring at Zest's voluptuous chest. : *gulp* "Uhh... What was the question again?"

That bit made me chuckle quite a bit. Was he really going to say: "Um, how about dinner and a movie instead?" Heck no, and I don't even need to watch the uncensored version to see that Basara got some action... Shella's face said it all.

The action scenes were pretty good too... Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Oh Zest you lewd...

Best episode this week for this season in terms of action. Mio also went berserk there which was something I had expected. As far as the storytelling goes, the series feels rushed but somehow did manage to capture the most important parts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
I was totally afraid that Mio would give up to protect others and we would enter some sort of retrieval arc. Thank god she instead went berserk.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Soooo we got a set up/buildup this episode this week for the upcoming battle. Pacing felt slow but whatever. Basara needed to get stronger anyways.

Apparently, Maria's mother also has a way to suppress the contract arousal. Lol, the training part made me face palm a bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Dad smokes too much.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 7:

That kiss actually looked genuine before they took it to the next time Twisted Evil

Not sure how I feel about the battle tournament thing so far.
I honestly think it's pretty gimmicky and the fight involving Mio against her opponent was rushed and unimpressive. Just hope that Lars can bring better entertainment against Maria next time.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Daymn, an orgy 2 days before the tournament. Didn't he have an orgy the previous episode as well?. And then Basara has sex with his little sister the night before the tournament. Basara has become Don Juan, the seducer of women?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
That kiss actually looked genuine before they took it to the next time

I had the same reaction. Something about it actually had some feeling to it but I am about 50% sure that was an accident. The subsequent shower scene was all meh. All the way through the artists and director of this anime seem to have very mediocre talent for depicting sensuality.
Cam0 wrote:
Daymn, an orgy 2 days before the tournament.

Well power-up by orgy seems to be the gimmick here. Not really very original or well done (see above). Still the characters themselves seem to have some life to them. That seems to be the productions strongest suit although they won't be winning any awards for it.

Are you from Texas? That is where the word "damn" is two syllables. Nowhere else in the English-speaking world.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Are you from Texas? That is where the word "damn" is two syllables. Nowhere else in the English-speaking world.

Daymn is just a way to emphazise the word damn or so I think. Yeehaw. And no, I'm not from Texas nor am I a native English speaker. Yeehaw.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
And now for a power up orgy. Wait, Maria does not even have a contract, but I guess it would be mean to leave the succubus out. I don't think Kurumi has one either... but she does not want to be left out of joining her sister.

Also the implied sex is kind of extreme for this genre. And I kind of feel like it is beginning to dull. I think HS DxD managed to go 3 seasons okay, and I don't think this is doing something right in keeping these sensual moments feel as titillating. He pleasured 5 women at once.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
The whole orgy power up scene came out as more comedic than sensual. I guess this season is called BURST because you burst out laughing at those scenes. Seriously, Basara's command of "strip for me, please" and the girls' responses nearly had me in tears. Kurumi's "Lick my underarms" comment was the final nail that made my sides leave orbit. In comparison to season 1's fanservice, this season seems to try too hard to out-sexual the previous season and ends up being a comedic goldmine for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

Eh that was unimpressive imo in terms of the 4 rounds this episode. Everything felt rushed (not to mention, one of the fights was won by default). Yuki's victory was eh...way too fast while I am disappointed by both Kurumi and Maria.

I hope the next episode improves...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
I always get a little annoyed when series decide they need to raise the stakes so main characters have to lose. Which they decided to do with three characters: Kurumi in a we have you friend hostage lie, Zest in a lose by default, and Maria in some sort of you are not used to fighting in that form, they just have to make good characters lose. Apparently she does not get Dragonball rules where removing restraints only makes you stronger.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Season, 2 episode 9:

A bit of a predictable episode. Basara demonstrates the results of his training but the part where Mio save him and his soul from that power is quite generic. BDs will remove the censors though...

And that's one hell of an ugly demon from the legends.

Last edited by Stark700 on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7