• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Durarara!! Novels, Strike the Blood, Black Bullet, Rust Blaster Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
@Dessa
I figured you knew, but I wasn't sure. It seemed to stealth its way out. I wasn't aware of it until it showed in B&N. Usually I get a lot of advance notice from Previews, but they either didn't solicit it there or I missed it. I may have thought they were reoffering the manga version.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
@Alan

I just follow Yen on twitter. They give us all the new release info.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
I'm particularly interested in buying Black Bullet (LN & manga) myself. I gave the first three episodes of the anime a try but sadly couldn't help but feel like it was crammed altogether. Hopefully the manga & LN fleshes things out more properly. Been hearing lots of good things about how the novel present the world-building though.

I definitely felt like I was watching something that cut things out when watching the Black Bullet anime. The main thing I enjoyed were some character moments shared between the MCs and some of the supporting cast.

And, the ending definitely left me wanting to see what will be happening. It ended in a way that left me wanting a season 2, only because I feel like where the story is headed at that point to be very interesting. A few of the characters were left in situations that has me very intrigued.

Not sure if I'll check out the manga, mainly because it falls into a realm that always has me...hesitant. Reason being, the manga is finished. Runs 5 volumes and I have no idea if it ends at a good point. And, since the LNs are ongoing, it just raises a flag with me.
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
martinic wrote:
For people who are up to date with the latest volume, thanks to the hard work of many great translators and outside of the US this is horrible news.

Oh, sorry, forgive me if I'm not terribly upset that people were basically committing copyright infringement so that you could get the books for free. Attitudes like this make me really mad.

But these people take hours of their time with translations at least give them a little praise cause my friend does translations and it takes her a while just for one chapter or half a one.

If Yen continues this and other companies decide to join in LNs could become a thing in the US. Until then people will rely on translators for LNs since there really is no legal way through reader apps where Japan and the US can enjoy same date releases like we can with manga.

I'll be picking up Durarara!! just to see how faithful the anime was and what was emitted from it. Viz really needs to get the K Project novels or Yen. Those are the only LNs I really want to start collecting aside from BB,Devil is a Part-timer,SAO, and Drrr!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4