• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release date resources

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have a good place that lists upcoming releases by date? Im finding im gonna have to draw up some kind of priority list and Id like to be able to pre-order more books but at the same time i have a huge backlog and every time i get some money to spend on books i wreck my brain trying to decide what to get.

basically if i get a list of what to buy and when i think i can take some of the stress out of it so some dates would help.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
What has worked best for me in the past was the Coming Soon pages at Amazon.com.

Unfortunately they are rather awkward to navigate because they do not let you change the date order and you cannot jump ahead more than a page or two. Actually you can by changing the page number near the end of the URL in the address bar of your browser.
But if you just want to look through the list it works well.
Right now it has releases up through April 14 listed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I use Amazon too (only for looking up release dates, not buying). I go to Books > Advanced Search, and put in a specific publisher (Yen Press, Viz, etc), then on the results page I can sort newest to oldest to see the upcoming books. I think publishers are listing most or all of their books through summer/early fall right now, and they generally stay a few months ahead of what's on shelves now.

I make entries on my computer's calendar to keep track of the release dates listed on Amazon, so I can see multiple publishers' books at a glance.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
cheers guys. I fed the majority of my wishlist into a spreadsheet last night so the publication dates will follow soon but looking at the list there's like 800 or so books on there... im thinking i may change my plan to make a list of upcoming stuff and get that and instead of using the dates to pick an older title to burn down i may just pick whatever is closest to its end and work to finish it.

decisions decisions
einhorn303

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Seven Seas has an awesomely useful list of all their upcoming release dates at http://www.gomanga.com/base/releases. I wish all publishers had a page like this.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:27 pm Reply with quote
The problem with the Seven Seas listing is that it is the proposed release date. As such it is not always accurate.

For instance, Kokoro Connect, Servamp and Strike Witches were all supposed to be released the 17th. I got all three from my local comic shop on the 11th. This is not something I would complain about since I preorder all my manga. However if you were waiting to go to the comic shop for one of these titles until next week, it might be sold out.

Comic shops put out everything new they got every Wednesday. Book stores usually put out new stuff on Tuesday (which is likely why all the dates on SS list are Tuesdays). Which ever is your source for manga, it is best to check every week and use the proposed date as a guideline only.
ayanami000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 am Reply with quote
Guys, are there any official news about the comeback of Digimon TRI?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
^
If I'm understanding you correctly, then you're asking about a movie -- not a manga. Please look here (under "News").
ayanami000

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:
^
If I'm understanding you correctly, then you're asking about a movie -- not a manga. Please look here (under "News").

I just heard about it yesterday with my friends. And I thought it would be first a manga then anime. And it's not a series, but a movie. By the way, thanks I like digimons so I got hyped up thought it will be manga sorry.
Saffire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
I realize this is a somewhat older thread, but ANN does have an upcoming releases page and it's usually pretty accurate up to a few months out. I do kinda wish it had region filtering though...

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php
lys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
...I had no idea that existed. Thanks, Saffire!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1