• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Isuca (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Isuca (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, romance, supernatural

Plot Summary: Asano begins work as the housekeeper for the old family of Shimazu, where he meets the ill-mannered, selfish, beautiful Sakaya. She is actually the 37th head of the Shimazu family in charge of sealing away monsters with Spirit Archery. Discovering that he has the powers of "true names" and "true eyes,"Asano becomes wrapped up in Sakaya's battle with the monsters as her assistant.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:
Mm, this was pretty much exactly what I had expected. spoiler[They really need to remove those annoying censoring bars though. And RIP first kiss.] They really went straightforward with the premise though. Since this show is only 10 episodes, it will probably leave out some stuff later on.

Also, that's kinda an odd way to end the episode with a spoiler[cliffhanger].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Some absolutely horrible transitions. For instance the change from thespoiler[ hallway with blood in the afternoon to it being night] was bad, as was things where characters apparently spoiler[took the time to swap clothes as the rampaging beast did nothing]. Exposition was clunky, characters seemed little more than cut outs, and spoiler[clothes destruction] was also rather silly. Ecchi aspect was hot though, that is a positive, if only we could see the goods hidden by one the worst recent censors.

Oddly I am reminded of Beyond the Boundary, spoiler[Youmu] were an aspect in that series too. but this is kind of sad in comparison.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:10 am Reply with quote
All censors must die.

This one would have some pretty decent ecchi if the a-hole censors would just let us see it. And we did get my fave ecchi trope of all time: "accidental" spoiler[facesitting].

It's funny: intellectually I get that the show is pretty meh, but I'm being entertained. I feel pretty much the same way about Absolute Duo, KanColle, Testament of Sister New Devil, Unlimited Fafnir and World Break. These are all standard shows trodding well-worn paths ... but like eating meatloaf, I find them satisfying on a consumption level. I've never been the harshest of anime critics, but I think I'm going soft in my old age.

DP: I think one of your transition problems has an explanation: spoiler[Blondy put a barrier around the school which seemed to make things go dark. Once the Lightning Beast was sealed, it seemed to go back to being day.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
DP: I think one of your transition problems has an explanation: spoiler[Blondy put a barrier around the school which seemed to make things go dark. Once the Lightning Beast was sealed, it seemed to go back to being day.]

I guess that I can get that, but it just happened so abruptly without him commenting that it did not feel very organic.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
decent looking show so far. Poor Ibuki Kido, getting typecast at such a young age
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1 : Censoring must die!

Ahem, I always find it thoroughly convincing how these "villains" are able to spoiler[shred clothes] but never harm the person underneathe. I mean the precision to do such an act should be applauded... Well done!

The censoring is starting to become a drag now. Can't they put smiley faces for example, over the girls delicates rather than huge black lines that take up half the screen. It literally looked as if a car had run across the shot.

The actually show looks interesting enough to watch without relying on fan-service and the characters are alright, though spoiler[Asano suffers from the 'not having any common sense' syndrome. I do love me a tsundere, so Sakuya is filling that role nicely.]

I can't see the series being a world beater, but it does exactly what it says on the tin... spoiler[T&A.. (Tits and Arrows)]
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this definitely looks like the premiere fan service fest of the season (especially since Saekano is turning out to not be as fan servicey as it initially appeared). Looking forward to seeing the uncensored version when it is available, as the artistry here is good enough for this to be some quality nudity.

As others have mentioned, the set-up and plot seem nothing special so far, but Sakuya is so in my strike zone for body types. May not be able to stay away from following this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Yeah, this definitely looks like the premiere fan service fest of the season

Testament Sister will certainly give it a run for its money
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
My first impression was that it was very GARO-esque (the original tokusatsu, not the anime). Sadly, it didn't hold up. I'll give it another episode or two, but I don't have my hopes up.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
In Japan they do occasionally show live-action nudity on late-night broadcast TV, so this show isn't being censored, exactly; it's just teasing you to try to make you to shell out $70 or so for a Blu-Ray. (Apparently there are some deep-pocketed fishes in barrels out there.)

I scanned through the episode just to see what it was, but it's clearly not going to be my kind of show. SaeKano is the only new series that's holding my attention (so far) this season, thanks to its irony and self-awareness. Everything else I'm following is just a continuation from a prior season.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

Granted, I'm basing this next comment off of only one episode of this one, but I don't even see it as being a contest so far. I vastly prefer what I've seen of this one, even with Maria's sexy succubus outfit figured into Testament Sister's merits.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
getchman wrote:

Granted, I'm basing this next comment off of only one episode of this one, but I don't even see it as being a contest so far. I vastly prefer what I've seen of this one, even with Maria's sexy succubus outfit figured into Testament Sister's merits.

oh, your preference is mixed in there as well. I thought you were simply referring to the amount of bare skin that we will eventually see once the steam and light disappear from both shows once they are out on DVD/BD
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I got (censored) nudity, centipede monster, archer girl, and gore in less than first 2 mins. Am I sinful for liking this show?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Shimazu sure can be stubborn.
Tama got lucky that Asano was so determined to save her.
Now he has a pet cat/girl.
By a weird twist of fate Asano got a job as Shimazu's housekeeper.
Guess those two are stuck together now.
Rat spirit made a mess this time.
Shimazu's fear or rats was ROFL
It was lucky for them that they have a cat now.
Taking life force was very ecchi *blush*
Our little trio is stuck together now.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Good news, he gets spoiler[(has) to make out with a cat spirit]. What is so bad about becoming a spoiler[master to a cute cat spirit of the opposite gender that you keep alive by kissing]?

I do have to question though why Sakaya keeps insisting that he has to keep following her, it feels like they can't make a good reason that he would get involved. And was there always spoiler[a nest underneath the school]? Also can we not have censors?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3