• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Descendants of Darkness to Launch 'Big Project' in 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
This was one of my favorite series.........until the horrible new art totally ruined all of its original appeal. Anime cry Matsushita hurt her hand....I guess so it's not her fault the art looks like that now.....but I just hate it.

Those......people are not my beloved Hisoka and Tsuzuki.
kamui85

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
This was one of my favorite series.........until the horrible new art totally ruined all of its original appeal. Anime cry Matsushita hurt her hand....I guess so it's not her fault the art looks like that now.....but I just hate it.

Those......people are not my beloved Hisoka and Tsuzuki.

ohh for the love of god!!! the new art is amazing, in my opinion everything on hana to yume looks like crap! this series should be in another magazine that gets more recognition. Her skill with human anatomy, linear perspective, and depictions of architecture and oriental art themes isnt like anything I've seen in any other shoujo manga! if you wanna see big eye pointy nose and chins on emo guys covering their forehead with bangs theres like a cagillion other manga out there, I've read this series since the beginig and watched the anime, and nothing makes me more happy than the authors technical progress it truly is inspirational.
lys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I say this as one who never read the series, so my opinion's probably not worth much, but I like the new artwork for the series a lot more, and flipping through the latest The Hana, it's definitely skillfully drawn. (and I have my own biases: the 90s is probably my least favourite decade for manga art; I much prefer 70s and 80s styles.) But I understand a drastic change (rather than a gradual one, as a series' artwork might evolve naturally while running for over a decade) being shocking to its fans.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:02 am Reply with quote
kamui85 wrote:

ohh for the love of god!!! the new art is amazing

Sorry, but I can't stand it. It's far too drastic of a change....like a slap in the face, really. I would have never even recognized the characters had I not been told.

Quote:
in my opinion everything on hana to yume looks like crap!

That's not a very nice thing to say. D: Akatsuki No Yona and KamiHaji are lovely manga.

Besides, Yami's new art looks like "a cagillion shounen manga" I've seen and I'm really not fond of shounen art to begin with....
annasartin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
So what was the big announcement? It's 2017 now, did I miss something?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2