• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My email notification is not working

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
For some odd reason, my email notification when I followed forum thread is not working, I'm not getting any email notifications from a thread I replied and followed and the same goes for recent thread I just followed. Yes, my Always notify me of replies setting is on "yes". However I'm still not getting any email notification, my email notification on PM/Private Messages is still working.

Did my 2-week ban cause my email notification go haywire or something?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if I bump this, but I tried using another email address to see if the email notification work on that one, and it's not even working when I put in another email address. So can someone give me any report how this issue is being dealt with?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
I apologize if I'm bumping this, but it's been over 2 weeks since my last post and my email notification is still not working. Is there any progress on this, or can someone address this issue? Sad
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I looked a little bit into it a week or two ago; I was able to get notifications and we're not getting any email bounces from your email address. So the problem is unclear. Didn't have time to look any further since we got 2 downtime incidents and related chaos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:24 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
I looked a little bit into it a week or two ago; I was able to get notifications and we're not getting any email bounces from your email address. So the problem is unclear. Didn't have time to look any further since we got 2 downtime incidents and related chaos.

Well I'm still not getting any email notifications as of now. However, when somebody PM me, I do get email notifications. But for any forum thread I follow, I don't get them at all. If the email are not bouncing back to you. What could be the problem. Did my temp ban cause any haywire with the email notification, Dan?? Sad
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Just chiming in to say that I'm not getting e-mail notifications for new posts to subscribed threads as well.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
I stopped getting them at some point this morning (UK time)
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, so when did this happen to you 2? Shocked
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Oh wow, so when did this happen to you 2? Shocked
Well, I created a thread at 9am Eastern Time today, then received a reply 3 hours later at 12:03pm. And now it's 5:41pm, and still haven't received a notification for it.

However, I did just receive an e-mail notification for this thread at 5:35pm, which is the same time as your last post here.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm Reply with quote
suko wrote:
Well, I created a thread at 9am Eastern Time today, then received a reply 3 hours later at 12:03pm. And now it's 5:41pm, and still haven't received a notification for it.

However, I did just receive an e-mail notification for this thread at 5:35pm, which is the same time as your last post here.

Well yours still work. Razz

But mine, nothing. Crying or Very sad
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
But mine, nothing. Crying or Very sad
This might be a long-shot, but I believe at least on some forums, settings can be "stuck" on something that it shouldn't be, like your setting for "Always notify me of replies". Your account may show that u have it set to "Yes", but your account on the server may still register it (for some bizarre reason) as "No". To "fix" that, one would just have to set it back to "No", then save changes. Then go back and change the setting back to "Yes".

Again, this is a complete long shot, but it may be worthwhile to try this.

Oh, and it seems I did receive another notification at the same time of your last post at 7:52pm. So it definitely seems to be working again for me. Smile
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
suko wrote:
This might be a long-shot, but I believe at least on some forums, settings can be "stuck" on something that it shouldn't be, like your setting for "Always notify me of replies". Your account may show that u have it set to "Yes", but your account on the server may still register it (for some bizarre reason) as "No". To "fix" that, one would just have to set it back to "No", then save changes. Then go back and change the setting back to "Yes".

I'm going to try that now. Please say something after this post to see if it work.
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:06 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
suko wrote:

I'm going to try that now. Please say something after this post to see if it work.
Shocked Shocked Shocked
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:09 pm Reply with quote
suko wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

No, even setting it "off" and "on" didn't make my email notification work at all. Crying or Very sad
suko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
No, even setting it "off" and "on" didn't make my email notification work at all. Crying or Very sad
According to Dan42, it seems like they aren't receiving any e-mail bounces from your account. And I hate to ask this question, since u probably already checked, but just to make sure, have u checked your Spam folder? It's happened to me before on another forum where I started receiving e-mail notifications for new posts in my Spam folder when I wasn't before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2