• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ed Paul+Ed Paulson=Ted Lewis?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SekiGatha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
After observing many anime and looking at other sites, I believe Ed Paul and Ed Paulson are different names for Ted Lewis.

Ed Paul's page at TV Tome (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-182040/) shows that Ed Paul and Ed Paulson are the same person, but many of his credits are similar to Ted Lewis. He is credited as the role of Giovanni in the Pokemon films, which Ted Lewis played in the television show.

Also, the voices for all of them are very similar. When I watched His and Her Circumstances' episode where Toshiharu Shibahime is introduced, I said to myself that it was Ted Lewis even though he is credited toward Ed Paul in the closing credits.

I was wondering if Ed Paul's and Ed Paulson's credits should be placed into Ted Lewis' credits, since their is evidence that they all have the same voice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I would definitely say yes on that one. There's a lot of evidence I've gotten so far that the two are one and the same.

The first two Pokemon movies was what originally got me wondering. Ed Paul is credited in both of them, but Ted Lewis in neither of them. When I heard Tracy in the second movie, the voice greatly reminded me of Ed Paul's roles in Valkyrie Profile, and Ed Paul is among the "starring" voices in the second movie credits. Yet I always saw Ted Lewis credited to Tracy Sketchit in databases and Pokemon dub cast lists, which made me wonder if it was a mistake (much in the same sense that Gary has been mistakenly credited to Matthew Mitler when his VA is really Jimmy Zoppi). Then I found a few connections between the two that made me think of it as alias rather than a different person.

There are three roles originally voiced by Ted Lewis that ended up being voiced by Ed Paul in later releases of certain dubs:

Etoh - Record of Lodoss War
Zangulus - Slayers
Mitsuru - Revolutionary Girl Utena

Only one of those I can say something on is Etoh, which I would definitely say is a big similarity (his TV series voice definitely matches OVA pretty well)

There's also the official Captain Tylor website. Katori is listed to Ted Lewis on the site, yet his name in the credits (going by databases) is Ed Paul.

Ed Paul is listed among the guests that attended BAAF 2002, and his bio mentions a few series that Ted Lewis is in that Ed Paul is not credited (also saying his earliest work was Lodoss in 1996, which implies the OVA). The even funnier thing is that there's a picture under Ed Paul's bio on the Japanese version of the site, yet the file name of the picture is "ted_lewis_.jpg" @_@
4kidsidentifier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
He was also "Ted Paul" in GI Joe Sigma 6 (where he played Torch).

BTW, can we finally get Ed Paul merged into Ted Lewis already?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1