• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Not sure if my news tip to ANN newsroom has been received?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Uh, yesterday I saw an article on KBS World (a Korean international news site), and it's anime-related because it has Hayao Miyazaki in it.

KBS World-Renowned Japanese Animation Director, Hayao Miyazaki Urges for Solution to History-related Issues

Hear me out: I send this link via ANN Newsroom email yesterday and I'm not sure if anybody on ANN end received this article news link I sent. Because it has Hayao Miyazaki and I thought ANN would report on this immediately. The reason I created this thread is because I'm not sure if my email with the news link went through (seeing how I'm also not getting email notification for any of the thread I followed, but that's another issue) to ANN Newsroom.

So did anyone at ANN received my email tip with that article?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I've alerted the newsteam to your query.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I can confirm that we did receive it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
I've alerted the newsteam to your query.

Thank you Tempest, also if I'm not bothering you, could you look into my email notification issue as I mention.

octopodpie wrote:
I can confirm that we did receive it.

Ah, so it did went through. I was worried because I've also sent other news tip and I was worried it might not have went through.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote
I don't know how easy or hard this would be to set up, but one way to avoid the kind of uncertainty that mdo7 has encountered is to have an automated, non-replyable message sent out to people who forward news tips that says something to the effect:

Thank you very much for your message. It has been received and will be looked at. If your news tip does not appear on the ANN site, it is because our news staff have made the determination not to use it for reasons that may include, but are not limited to: relevance, timeliness, interest, etc. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I don't know how easy or hard this would be to set up, but one way to avoid the kind of uncertainty that mdo7 has encountered is to have an automated, non-replyable message sent out to people who forward news tips that says something to the effect:

Thank you very much for your message. It has been received and will be looked at. If your news tip does not appear on the ANN site, it is because our news staff have made the determination not to use it for reasons that may include, but are not limited to: relevance, timeliness, interest, etc. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Tempest has actually mentioned this before at one point and why it wasn't a possibility for the e-mail set up we use. I can't remember the details though.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Tempest has actually mentioned this before at one point and why it wasn't a possibility for the e-mail set up we use. I can't remember the details though.

We use Google (Gmail) Apps for Work, which doesn't support auto-responders on forwarders (mail to [email protected] is forwarded to several staff).

I wish gmail supported group accounts so that we wouldn't have to use forwarders. [edit: the newer, paid version of Google Apps for Work does have this feature. But switching would cost ANN $3000 per year]

Further, Gmail's only auto-responder is an away-notice, it only replies to people once. So if you send in one item a week, you would only receive a reply the first time.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
If the sender uses Outlook can't the sender include delivery and/or read receipts? This way an automatic response will be sent through outlook to show the message has been recieved, also the email will bounce back if it's unsuccessful.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1