• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vintage for Hi-no-youjin and Tsukumo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 am Reply with quote
I was checking my contributions, and saw that I had a contribution listed as "out" on Hi-no-youjin (movie) and Tsukumo (movie) (both of which are parts of Short Peace (movie)). While the contribution page doesn't say what exactly it was that I submitted, I'm pretty sure that the removed contributions were for "vintage". The currently listed vintages for both titles are wrong, and I'm fairly certain I had submitted a vintage of 2012 for both films. Currently, both Hi-no-youjin and Tsukumo have a vintage of 2013-07-20 listed, which is the same as for Short Peace. However, that is the premier date for the Short Peace collection as a whole. Both of those shorts premiered earlier than that (and since vintage for films is supposed to be when they were completed, not when they premiered, they presumably were completed even earlier).

Both Hi-no-youjin and Tsukumo premiered in 2012, so they must have a vintage no later than 2012. The anidb pages for each of the short films both say they premiered at the Annecy Animation Film Festival in June 2012 (page 1 page 2). ANN has a news article from 2012 that also says they were scheduled to be shown at the Annecy film festival. Here is an allcinima page for hi-no-youjin that also lists it as being from 2012. Please change the vintage for both films back to being 2012 Since Vintage isn't when they premiered, but when production finished, we wouldn't have an exact date, but presumably it is earlier in 2012 and certainly it isn't 2013-07-20.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
I went ahead and submitted the premier date for both films in the "Premier Date" field. Since it is before the vintage, it also automatically is displayed as a vintage. I think the other vintage of 2013-07-20 should be removed (I had error reports on those vintages, but they got rejected). Hopefully whoever removed the information I submitted before won't just remove it again, as I think the sources make it very clear that these films premiered in 2012.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the vintage for both films of 2013-07-20 have been given a qualifier in parenthesis of "with Short Peace compilation". That is one way I suggested they could be handled in the error report I had previously made, so I think these are all taken care. Thank you to whoever made that change.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1