• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blood Blockade Battlefront (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
He is practically dating White, right?

More or less, yeah.

Also, I thought this was an important episode because it established things about the mentality found among both the Huma(ns) and the Alterworlders. It showed how ugly humans can be in a very visceral sort of way. Yes, we as humans already know that, but at the same time we tend to gloss it over *because* it is something we already know and usually prefer not to think about too closely. It also reinforced Leo's kind nature, which may be put to the test later on.

BTW, I wonder if God Eyes is something you can develop? Maybe not in the sense of making them more powerful per se, but in finding ways to utilize them in new ways. What Leo did to the bad guys (if only briefly) isn't something I'd seen him do before. Leo still isn't much on the scale of bad-assery, but it's possible he will develop some in that respect, too.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

BTW, I wonder if God Eyes is something you can develop? Maybe not in the sense of making them more powerful per se, but in finding ways to utilize them in new ways. What Leo did to the bad guys (if only briefly) isn't something I'd seen him do before. Leo still isn't much on the scale of bad-assery, but it's possible he will develop some in that respect, too.

Didn't Leo do what he always does by hijacking the vision of his targets and letting them see whatever he wants them to see?

This episode seemed to make the vision he presented to the drivers much flashier and psychedelic than his previous attempts.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Didn't Leo do what he always does by hijacking the vision of his targets and letting them see whatever he wants them to see?

This episode seemed to make the vision he presented to the drivers much flashier and psychedelic than his previous attempts.

I thought that, in the past, he was making people see what *he* was seeing, or maybe something he saw in the past? I have to admit, I'm pretty shaky on what all he can do with his eyes (beyond the obvious, of course).
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

I thought that, in the past, he was making people see what *he* was seeing, or maybe something he saw in the past? I have to admit, I'm pretty shaky on what all he can do with his eyes (beyond the obvious, of course).

Two weeks ago during the monster truck episode, Leo used his powers twice. Once to mess around with Zapp who was trying to skive off a meeting by interfering with his vision while the second was to force the truck to move away from a crowded road.

For the second use of his powers, simply replacing what the truck could "see" with something else to get the truck to change direction shouldn't be too difficult if the truck was a machine and relied on something like a camera feed to allow its master to steer. Your suggestion of something pulled from memory is plausible, since Leo is familiar with New York's streets he could easily envision something slightly different from reality and get the truck to move (it was a choice of two roads so a slight swerve would not have been impossible).

If Leo's powers are more to do with actually interfering with the eyesight of his targets and making them see what he wants them to see, then anything is fair game as to what the target ends up with (Complete blindness or vivid hallucinations).
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
1. cute main hero lad, cute dumpling alien;

2. for now, the story is too episodic, even though each story's episode is much better than in random "monster of the week" type of show;

3. Japan, a country of amazing healthy foods, admires of one of the worst foods ever, junk food "hamburger" -- and it is appalling. (I know, the setting is supposed to be alternate NY, but this is common theme in many anime.)

Last edited by MaxSouth on Sun May 10, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Two weeks ago during the monster truck episode, Leo used his powers twice. Once to mess around with Zapp who was trying to skive off a meeting by interfering with his vision while the second was to force the truck to move away from a crowded road.

My impression regarding Zapp was that Leo was making Zapp see what Leo was seeing and applying the concept that "people tend to turn in the direction they are looking." I thought he just repeated the same concept with the Monster Truck, but took over all of its eyes instead of just the one pair Zapp has. I guess I'll have to rewatch it sometime to find out for sure.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

I think I'm starting to like Black more now in this episode.

So we get some boxing in supernatural style. Oh how I just love the way Klaus fought in almost a Jojo-like way with those ORA ORA OAR movements. Black might not be so kind as a gentleman as he appears to be though. I think Leo might have to watch out a bit in case.

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat May 16, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Leo hanging out with Black.
So Black has powers..
Klaus got himself into an interesting position when looking for Zapp.
It was epic watching Klaus kick ass!!!
That Zapp deserves some punishment..
Things got weird in the last fight.
Great episode.]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
More of the surreal action which seems to be a hallmark of this series.

Perhaps the source material fleshed it out more, but I have absolutely no idea what on earth the owner of the fight club really was. He said something about controlling a corpse before sending Klaus flying into the cage wall. Despite this, all three of the main cast were allowed to walk out unmolested.

If White and Black are related, doesn't that make White one of the Thirteen as well? The "heart disease" White suffers seems to be more of a facade now that Black is making a move.

Looks like next week is a 2-parter. The pacing is as fast as ever but difficult to follow for those new to the franchise.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
I loved all the obvious stuff to love in this, but I think my favorite side gag this time was that blue butt-headed alien sitting behind them in the diner. Dat face! Laughing
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:21 am Reply with quote
Finally! The episodes I've been waiting for! I'm looking forward to the next two weeks. Twisted Evil
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I know a major theme in this series is vampires, so was spoiler[that kind of what the owner of the club was]? A spoiler[demon blood thing, using that body for the chance to find good opponents]. Even Klaus could spoiler[spoiler[not match it, but it did not really seem that bad]]. Klaus in general was kind of awesome, I like his character. It was funny that he seemed to spoiler[be tricked by Zap's terrible lie, and that it all seemed to be a plot to weaken Klaus so Zap could win a brawl].

Actually makes me wonder if it could explain Black, that spoiler[he has been taken over by some force, or fused with it, and if it explain White's condition]. Maybe it was like how the main character and spoiler[his sister were involved in some deal of one getting something while the other gets punished].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Why is Zapp so fabulous?! Anyways, funny episode with action (blood style) and I also found the world fiction to be amazing as usual. Not too much of a spotlight for Leonard this week though.

However, it's also interesting that we learn more about White.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[That Zapp is a chronic gambler.
He always seems to overdo things..
The blood breed making their move.
Damn, I thought blood breeds were scary, but that Master Jugei is something else.
Zapp got what he deserved! A snap back into reality.. more or less.
He's too weird for it to last anyway.
Black is getting more and more interesting with each new episode.
His story is slowly unfolding.]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
More to Black and White then meets the eye, especially when one remembers the scene featuring the Watch siblings and the similarities with what was shown this week.

Rocket pacing still takes a bit of getting used to despite the show playing this as one of its strengths, but judging by next week's trailer a lot seems to happen in one episode.

Taking into account the different fighting schools in the series universe, it makes one wonder if Klaus' master is just as driven as Zapp's. At the very least make his speech intelligible!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 12