• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

Argh! I was hoping that they would show the reason why Bell was in such a terrible condition at the end of the last episode. spoiler[He travels down to the sixth-floor and battle's against Shadow creatures, with which we learn more information about the Dungeons workings.]We also learn in the Light Novel that he has spoiler[some sort of "bullet time/ slo-mo" skill which he uses to defeat the shadows.]I suppose it's entirely possible that they may go back to that flashback next week, though it does seems a little late now.

The episode was pretty good bar the little bit's they left out, though they didn't really affect anything. Things like spoiler[Loki verbally teasing Hestia before she remarked about the flat chest, which then caused her to say that comment. In the anime she just comes out and says it with very little provocation.]Bitchy~

Freya is quite the interesting character that has also taken an interest spoiler[in Bell]... She's definitely one to look out for and I do feel spoiler[for Hestia's situation with Bell. He's just not that into you... in that way.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I like Hestia, she was faced with the spoiler[option to lie to Bell and just scold him for being reckless, but she chose to be honest to him about stat increases and tell him to be safe]. Followed by her trying to spoiler[find a way to support him, while she is also still a flawed character]. I guess I see her problem with Bell liking someone from Loki's Familia, but she is still supporting him. Bell is largely an earnest guy who clearly greatly respects Hestia.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:31 am Reply with quote
Those goddesses sure can be cruel to each other LOL
Bell seems like a good kid with great potential.
Hestia cares about him quite a lot to go through such lengths.
Of course Monsterphilia couldn't go with trouble..
Guess it was a little push for Bell.
Yamstarch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 am Reply with quote
Only two episodes in and I am already invested. I have high hopes for this series. Is it just me being my naughty-minded self or does it seem like if Hestia really wanted to she could seduce Bell? But, I think she realises if she did that it would just deter from everything they are trying to accomplish.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I read about half a dozen chapters of the manga, though it was really mediocre/boring RPG stuff. So far I haven't quite liked any RPG themed anime/manga I have watched or read.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

It was alright episode. spoiler[Is it just me or Bell seems to be having a harem now..? Two confessions in a single episode. The highlight imo would be the fight although I think Bell still needs to improve a bit. ]

Also more buildup as well. I think the series is warming up right now before the bigger arcs hit home. Not bad though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Bell in trouble..
That white monkey monster was more than persistent.
Hestia can be just as stubborn as Bell.
So she spoiler[finally gave him the new weapon.]
It was a nice fight ^^ and it didn't go unnoticed!
Looks like Hestia spoiler[might get some competition]..
I decided to pick this up after all.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Managed to finish the first Light Novel earlier in the week so I was looking forward to this episode knowing what happens.

The fight itself was a little different between the two adaptions but most of it was there. Bell does seem to be developing a spoiler[Harem with two confessing to him and another 3 (at the moment) waiting in the wings.]

The only slight complaint I have so far is that spoiler[Bell has suddenly gone in three episodes from weak player to killer of Silverbacks from dungeon level 17 without much character development. At least in the LN's you could see him fighting hard in the dungeon, where he develops his skills - Including the Slo-Mo one which he saves Hestia from the Silverback in this episode which isn't explained at all in the anime.] Maybe i'm just being picky.

Anyway, the second Light Novel is out next week so I'll hopefully be picking it up before the next episode airs.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:48 pm Reply with quote
This show is really starting to impress me. I love the monster designs - and the sound design for the silverback was fantastic. This is a well-animated show. Watch how the animators made the silverback move, going through tight spaces and whatnot. Good attention to detail.

And I'm getting very invested in the Bell-Hestia dynamic. I sort of get the same expression on my face that Hestia does every time Wallensherface is mentioned. Who cares about the Sword Princess?

Yep, I'm getting into this, big time.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Who cares about the Sword Princess?

Well, that gal who is always trying to grope her for one.

But Bell has two human females to deal with now. Maid-san and SwordPrincess-san.

Was there some code of conduct mentioned that was required of goddesses cohabiting with their adventurer clients? The seem to be acting as if there is.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Yep, still enjoying this, the dynamics are going strong. Successful at making us care about Bell and Hestia, we even found out that there was more to Bell's becoming an adventurer than we thought. But, I am not joining the groups in saying that he had two confessions, I am pretty sure he is taking Hestia's as love of a family, and the other as teasing of him.

But what I for some reason to be being drawn to is this "supporter", I feel that it won't be complete until there is a party of some sort. I also want to reiterate my opinion that it reminds me of Etrian Odyssey, been playing it again this week, it is not easy.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
After this episode I can definitely see that Hestia's insane popularity is pretty well deserved.
Via_01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
But what I for some reason to be being drawn to is this "supporter", I feel that it won't be complete until there is a party of some sort. I also want to reiterate my opinion that it reminds me of Etrian Odyssey, been playing it again this week, it is not easy.

Every single chapter I've seen of this show so far reminds me a lot of Etrian Odyssey. The dungeons, the system of many clans trying to beat the dungeon, and a whole town outside the dungeon that seems to base its economy around adventurers... plus floors and all that stuff. There's obviously some Etrian Odysey inspiration going on.

And as Blood- said, the sound design on the creature (and the show in general) is fantastic. I definitely want to see more.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
By sound design you mean the noises the monster made, right? I wouldn't give the show too much credit for that, since they're stock sounds. You can hear the exact same roars in other shows.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:03 pm Reply with quote
It's not just the noises, but the way they're used, and how they interact with the animation. The roars didn't impress me much, but the physicality of the whipping chains certainly did.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10