• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
He just needs a bit of rest now after all that fighting. Anyways, yeah. I think Bell earned my respect this episode.

Actually it would seem that he earned the respect of Bete, the guy who thinks of him as the Tomato Boy and chump or whatever. I wonder if he will shut up now.

But that was a reasonably impressive fight. I wonder how much bBell earned for the prize?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

A word to describe the battle? Intense.

The battle took a majority of the episode, but it was really strong. I know that I made a joke about Gleam Eyes last week, and this week I will say that this might have been one of the best fights since Gleam Eyes from SAO in certain regards. It did not feel drawn out, and was certainly an adventure.

As a gamer it makes me think of a tough boss fight, one beyond my skill level that I should give in and get saved by who keeps saving me from a tough moment (the internet).
aodmisery

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
how many episodes is this show supposed to run?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:00 pm Reply with quote
pretty nice looking fight there. love that this show greatly exceeded my expectations

aodmisery wrote:
how many episodes is this show supposed to run?

Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Nice little episode to introduce a new character and get the ball rolling towards Bell's next destination. I've taken a great liking to Welf Crozzo already and as long as he doesn't have any ulterior-motives, then I'll enjoy seeing him partner up with Bell and Lil' as they delve deeper into the dungeon.

Bell's new skill 'Argonaut' seems rather interesting though if not entirely overpowered. I'm guessing he'll have to be in a pretty desperate situation before he is able use it though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

I'm fine with this episode although they skipped quite a bit. I like that Bell/Welf's bromance though and the fact that Bell himself has become quite powerful thanks to Aiz's training. Plus, others seems to notice his latest accomplishment too.

Good to see that he has some new allies. I didn't like the action as much as last week's but it was decent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
Damn a one shot kill skill???
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:39 am Reply with quote
Bell is leveling up pretty fast.
Those elven waitresses are pretty scary.
Bell meets his armor maker.
That Welf guy seems OK.
Catching up to Aiz is not that far..
That Argonaut skill is very handy.
Looks like Bell acquired another companion.
Very nice episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Burning fighting fighter! Did not expect an Oreshura reference.

I like this Welf guy already, can always do with a good bro, and that his allies were largely being lopsided as just women makes it refreshing. I see that it is a deal that he does not want to make just magical items because his family started to rely on it and lost standing when they lost the ability.

Also, looks like even the higher levelled guys are inspired by Bell, AKA: Little Rookie.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Finally meet Welf. Seems like a nice enough guy, but I'm still staying a bit paranoid. After all, look at how Lili turned out at first.

I frequently compare this show to SAO, especially for those who haven't seen it. However, the more I watch it (especially after the last few episodes) the more I have to say that Bell easily surpasses Kirito. One of the major problems I had with Kirito that we don't have with Bell is that Kirito already started off as one of the strongest characters. Whereas with Bell, seeing his journey from a weak rookie to taking the adventuring world by storm in achieving feats even Aiz didn't manage makes his character not only more interesting but far more appealing. I know we all can relate to the struggles Bell has overcome in his journey to catch up with Aiz.

Was kind of bummed out we didn't get the "This power. I feel so much stronger" scene with Bell (thanks for the acted one, though, Hestia). Hopefully next episode we see just how much stronger Bell has become, though.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:25 pm Reply with quote
TRNielson wrote:
Whereas with Bell, seeing his journey from a weak rookie to taking the adventuring world by storm in achieving feats even Aiz didn't manage makes his character not only more interesting but far more appealing.

I would say that's cliches. Kira, Kirito and Tatsuya are some of the most popular male characters. they are all OP.
GS1.0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying this series! In reference to the latest episode, Welf Crozzo instantly peaked my interest! I'm really enjoying the actual battles they've had throughout this series. The art style is just beautiful and Bell's big fight, in I think it's episode 8, was just amazing! It really felt like when your fighting a boss that seems impossible to defeat!!!

What did make me laugh in Episode 8 is throughout his fight Lili keeps shouting out Bell's name and then at the end the blonde haired kid (not sure on his name) goes "What's that boy's name?" ARE YOU DEAF??? Maybe he is and it's just not been revealed Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Good episode this week. Loved the action as well as Hermes Familia's presence. I think I like Hermes the most from the group though just because of his chill personality. Also nice to see more of Bell putting his skills to use.

I feel like Freya is planning something though....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Bell's party keeps getting bigger.
Lots of action this time.
Things are definitely getting more interesting!
Hestia is getting more successful too.
Bell sure is getting more & more impressive.
Great episode!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Good episode this week.

Actually I think this was the best episode so far. It seems that Bell has quite a following both among the gods and the humans. And more than a few detractors. I guess we knew already that he was special.

Does anyone know what is in that huge backpack that Lili always lugs around? Anything useful besides the scent bag? You would think they would have at least a first-aid kit packed in there.

Hestia: just when is that wispy little costume of hers going to fall off anyway?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10