• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ninja Slayer (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:08 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Episode 16

Although there were terrorist communist organizations, they did not attack commoners on purpose, so portrayal of such organization in this episode goes overboard. Such portrayal is result of long-running propaganda that has roots in UK and USA's anti-communist right-wing policies from late 1940s, taken by Churchill from Nazi rhetoric.

Are you defending communists paramilitary groups and saying they never hurt civilians?

Many left wing and right wing paramilitary groups during the Cold War have targeted civilians on the grounds of either being traitors, informants or an enemy. There were no justifiable excuses on what they did.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
MrTerrorist wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:
Episode 16

Although there were terrorist communist organizations, they did not attack commoners on purpose, so portrayal of such organization in this episode goes overboard. Such portrayal is result of long-running propaganda that has roots in UK and USA's anti-communist right-wing policies from late 1940s, taken by Churchill from Nazi rhetoric.

Are you defending communists paramilitary groups and saying they never hurt civilians?

Many left wing and right wing paramilitary groups during the Cold War have targeted civilians on the grounds of either being traitors, informants or an enemy. There were no justifiable excuses on what they did.

Are you reading correctly? Because I wrote that they did not attack *commoners* *on purpose* (not that no commoners were ever hurt along the way). This anime, however, presents imaginary gang that does it. I just wanted to punctuate the difference between reality and fantasy.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I hope Ninja Slayer brings Yukano to her senses soon. And I'd hate for it to be one of those "only remembers her true self right before she dies" developments.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
I was so glad for that little recap they did at the beginning. They've introduced so many new characters and plotlines in the last few episodes, I'm losing track of all the names and factions.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I kinda forget whats going on between episodes. The arc with Nancy and physically downloading her consciousness onto the net was especially bad for my memory
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
I do not know if their just riding the wave of kill la Kill or if they really think this is entertainment. I hope that this series dies the death it deserves. These shovelware series need to be nipped in the bud because they are taking away money from acquiring real animation as apposed to using panning, scrolling and mirroring to give the illusion of animation. I had a big laugh when their other show Inferno Cop's last episode had 8 minutes of credits for something that could have easily been produced by a junior high school animation club. If purpose of this crap is t to support Trigger to make more animation like Kill La Kill, then just donate to their crowdfunding otherwise it just encourages them to make more cheep crap.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
It's supposed to look cheap. That's part of it's B-movie charm.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:51 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It's supposed to look cheap. That's part of it's B-movie charm.

Actually it is cheep, based on the production values if it cost them more than 5k per-episode (this does not include voice actors) then someone is siphoning funds to buy a Lamborghini. The aforementioned animation club would have no problem in producing this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I think this is a case of the medium is part of the message. The subject matter is old school ninja movies, so the animation is old school Flash and cut&paste.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
It all comes down to how much they are charging Funimation and Crunchyroll if they are giving them a budget price I see no harm. But if they are charging them what a normal 12 minute animation would go for, then Funimation and Crunchyroll are being robbed of funds that could have been better spent on licensing God Eater or the first season of To Love Ru Darkness or anything else that is actually animated.

Personally I would like the sub 24 minute adult anime, not licensed and go extinct
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 18 exposes the way most of recent "revolutions" are done, including Arab Spring one like in Syria and in Ukraine: "authorities" all of sudden "decide" to start killing protesters, and this blows up situation.

Of course, it is not really authorities as they understand that such pointless violence is against their interest. Agent provocateur tactics is used by CIA and local interested parties (this is how CIA has turned over more than half of hundred revolts). Major media, of course, are always in propaganda mode so they never cover parts of the story that goes against government interests in such cases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2